Important Free Software Update for Your Taycan Now Available at Your Porsche Dealer

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got the WNA5 update yesterday. I was scheduled for 10:00 and I was back in my car at 10:45.

After reading the forums I was expecting the worst, but everything went extremely smooth.
Don't think anyone has had an issue with this minor but important update so far - WMA5/6 was a different story for MY20 & MY21 vehicles.
Sponsored

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
I'm worried that this announcement of this update might mean that they won't be updating the PCM to the latest MY2022 software, otherwise they would have bundled those updates no?

Instead of making multiple updates within a few weeks.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
What does the latest update change your version to? I’ll be asking my dealer about it but knowing their incompetence they will say “you don’t require any updates”

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
I only picked up my car 4 days ago.so I am still feeling my way with it. I do not have Innodrive so I was not expecting the car to obey signed speed limits when speed limiter is selected. However I find that with speed limits showing on the display and speed limiter selected the car adjusts automatically to posted speed limits. Is this a new feature post update?
Thanks for clarifying that for me. So it is nothing to do with a free 3 month trial of Innodrive through "Functions on Demand" ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What does the latest update change your version to? I’ll be asking my dealer about it but knowing their incompetence they will say “you don’t require any updates”
DME motor control software patch - details on Porsche website and this forum posted earlier if you look.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Welp, got it done today. No drama, took about an hour.
I take it back, I did lose Lane Keep Assist following this operation...I didn't realize it at first. The setting was unchecked and grayed out in the PCM GUI, and completely missing from the dash GUI.

I rebooted PCM, parked and locked the car to enter a shop, and when I came back out it was back and working fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
for those people that have done it with a 2020, have you tried plug and charge since? Wondering if the re-fixed that hot mess.

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So.... they did the update and now my car has limited acceleration. Felt like a Honda Civic, I had to take it right back in and they are opening a case with Atlanta.... :(

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So.... they did the update and now my car has limited acceleration. Felt like a Honda Civic, I had to take it right back in and they are opening a case with Atlanta.... :(
Any chance the battery temp was high? I had a big power loss from that once.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Man that sucks. I hope they fix it quickly.

Porsche really is hit or miss with these updates.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got the WNA5 update several days ago. First thing I noticed was a loss of range on the GOM. Next day charged the car to 100% for a 180 mile trip and the car indicated 216 miles of range. Normally I get 250 miles of range when charging to 100%.
Drove the 182 mile trip and the car indicated 68 miles of range remaining. 182 + 68 = 250 total miles. So seems the GOM has been recalibrated to a more conservative value. Today after charging to 80% the GOM indicated 181 miles of range. Before the update the GOM would indicate 206 miles of range. 181/.80 = 226 miles of predictive range. So it appears the GOM range was recalibrated 10% lower. My trip consumption was 345 wh/mi. 84000/345 = 243 miles of high way range. So the GOM is predicting 226 miles but the consumption meter calculates 243 while the real range seems to be 250. Always good to have more range than expected.
Have been on several long highway trips with the car and haven't run out of juice. My RWD car has 21" 305 wheels on the rear.
Sponsored

Reactions: AV7