WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
So my USB sockets in my armrest have packed up so I rang to book the car in hoping it's just a fuse and they've said they'll need it for 2 days to do a recall. I lease my RWD through my company so have full maintenance. Wonder what the recall is? When I get the dealership contact me to confirm, I'll ask them and post it here. Mildly irritating but only mildly
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My RWD had 7 recalls when I took it in a few weeks ago. I knew about most of them as Porsche had sent letter (big update, interior alarm, airbag, instrument cluster, etc). When you get the car the service document will list them. All probably good to do.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I've not had any recall letters. I get correspondence from Porsche too. I got my Porsche pilon thingy this week. So they know where I am! Must be pretty substantial to take 2 days.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Do you have colored icons on your PCM? If no, then yes, it is a substantial install to get the big software update. The other items probably are not as time consuming.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have colored icons on your PCM? If no, then yes, it is a substantial install to get the big software update. The other items probably are not as time consuming.
Yes my icons are coloured yes, so it can't be that update. Mine is a MY22 car. I only picked it up in July this year.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Yes my icons are coloured yes, so it can't be that update. Mine is a MY22 car. I only picked it up in July this year.
Then your car had all these updates at delivery. I'm still on old software but my dealer won't do it yet because they have five bricked Taycans in the bay already. Porsche made a mess of the upgrade process.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then your car had all these updates at delivery. I'm still on old software but my dealer won't do it yet because they have five bricked Taycans in the bay already. Porsche made a mess of the upgrade process.
Yes its got the updates. The maintence guy said recall not updates. Im presuming thats different? Mine was going in to fix the USB points in the armrest as mentioned in my first post. I wasn't aware of any recalls on a MY22 car my age.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Yes its got the updates. The maintence guy said recall not updates. Im presuming thats different? Mine was going in to fix the USB points in the armrest as mentioned in my first post. I wasn't aware of any recalls on a MY22 car my age.
There's some overlap between the recall & updates. One of the recalls was for sudden power loss & the fix was to update the software. MY21 also had a recall regarding the routing of a wiring harness behind the back seats. There's a new recall about the PMCC overheating receptacles but it nerfs the PMCC (halves the charging speed) so I'm not sure I want it. You may have a newer-spec PMCC that doesn't have this issue. Here's the text of what they sent me:

What is the issue?
High temperatures can occur in the plug socket when charging the vehicle using the Porsche Mobile Charger in conjunction with NEMA industrial plugs, due to the higher charging current. In certain situations, this can lead to heat damage to the electrical socket.​

What will Porsche Do?
Your Porsche Dealer will limit the default current charging setting to 50% on your Porsche Mobile Charger and affix a warning sticker to your Porsche Mobile Charger using the NEMA standard. You will also be given a supplement to the Owner's Manual.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's some overlap between the recall & updates. One of the recalls was for sudden power loss & the fix was to update the software. MY21 also had a recall regarding the routing of a wiring harness behind the back seats. There's a new recall about the PMCC overheating receptacles but it nerfs the PMCC (halves the charging speed) so I'm not sure I want it. You may have a newer-spec PMCC that doesn't have this issue. Here's the text of what they sent me:

What is the issue?
High temperatures can occur in the plug socket when charging the vehicle using the Porsche Mobile Charger in conjunction with NEMA industrial plugs, due to the higher charging current. In certain situations, this can lead to heat damage to the electrical socket.​

What will Porsche Do?
Your Porsche Dealer will limit the default current charging setting to 50% on your Porsche Mobile Charger and affix a warning sticker to your Porsche Mobile Charger using the NEMA standard. You will also be given a supplement to the Owner's Manual.
Thanks mate.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
That (dealer) would concern me.

I had my update done this week and the dealer said they have done dozens of them and all went ok and took no longer than 3 days.

Mine took just over a day.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There will likely be campaigns open for your car but none will be in the recall category.

As you have a new car most of the updates will already have been applied.

Next time your car is in for any work any outstanding campaigns will be applied so don't expect any communication from Porsche.

For peace of mind you can phone your dealer and ask them to check if there is anything pending.

The '2 day' thing provides a 1 day buffer should the updates go wrong or take longer than expected (as has happened to some). MY of car will also drive duration - the older the car the longer the update takes.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There will likely be campaigns open for your car but none will be in the recall category.

As you have a new car most of the updates will already have been applied.

Next time your car is in for any work any outstanding campaigns will be applied so don't expect any communication from Porsche.

For peace of mind you can phone your dealer and ask them to check if there is anything pending.

The '2 day' thing provides a 1 day buffer should the updates go wrong or take longer than expected (as has happened to some). MY of car will also drive duration - the older the car the longer the update takes.
Thanks mate, that all makes sense 👍🏼

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yeah I've not had any recall letters. I get correspondence from Porsche too. I got my Porsche pilon thingy this week. So they know where I am! Must be pretty substantial to take 2 days.
Funny - i got mine in July and pylon also came last week! Think it comes from the dealer according to the packaging…
Sponsored