Innodrive has new Tesla type behavior and graphics

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Today all of a sudden, my Turbo S began behaving like Tesla on early autopilot. Now, when in Cruise Control with Innodrive, I get to the left of the cruise control icon a blue icon of upcoming curves and intersections and the car slows down to negotiate the curves, going as far as stopping by itself at STOP signs (with a blue stop sign icon showing) and reducing speed at intersections and traffic lights (have not seen a traffic light icon yet). This is totally new and reminiscent of Tesla autopilot at their early adoption (I had a 2015 and a 2018 Tesla). Has anyone else seen this? Some pics below:
Porsche Taycan Innodrive has new Tesla type behavior and graphics tempImageLrMDNT
Porsche Taycan Innodrive has new Tesla type behavior and graphics tempImageYwJl77

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Hmm? Has been there for a long time for me anyway....

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Including recognizing a stop sign and stopping by itself??

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Today all of a sudden, my Turbo S began behaving like Tesla on early autopilot. Now, when in Cruise Control with Innodrive, I get to the left of the cruise control icon a blue icon of upcoming curves and intersections and the car slows down to negotiate the curves, going as far as stopping by itself at STOP signs (with a blue stop sign icon showing) and reducing speed at intersections and traffic lights (have not seen a traffic light icon yet). This is totally new and reminiscent of Tesla autopilot at their early adoption (I had a 2015 and a 2018 Tesla). Has anyone else seen this? Some pics below:
tempImageLrMDNT.png
tempImageYwJl77.png
Do you know the difference is between ordering the vehicle with innodrive or adding it on in connected services when you have ACC. I just noticed I can add innodrive, but wondering if it is the same as ordering the car with it?

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Could be new to the US? Before innodrive would warn and slow down at stop signs, and with a navigation point put in it would slow down and suggest changing lanes to make an exit. Is this driving somehow better now, as in not taking highway curves at the ridiculously uncomfortable speed it did before?

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Do you know the difference is between ordering the vehicle with innodrive or adding it on in connected services when you have ACC. I just noticed I can add innodrive, but wondering if it is the same as ordering the car with it?
Pretty sure its the same, so long as you have all the pre-requisite hardware options (which I assume you have given its shown as an option). Intending to do the same thing, I'll trial it and then see if think its worth subscribing (or just subscribe on long road trip months). Better than paying the not insubstantial PCP interest rate on it to discover no use to me.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It’s always been that way for me, though I’m not a fan of how it creeps up to stop signs.
Maybe they’ll be a software update to fix it.
…Along with one for the comfort access door handles.
…And the Park Assist Unavailable message.
…And the Matrix headlights.

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
You see this predictive behavior when you're using navigation (Porsche, not Google or Apple) and innodrive together.

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
I get the prompts/slowing in Innodrive and I don't use the nav very often. It also slows down at round-abouts which is not always appropriate, but I can live with that. We have some 'round-abouts" that are actually just decorative islands at a cross street

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
It has never done this for me. Leaving me a bit disappointed in Innodrive to be honest. Didn't spec it on the coming CT4S because of actual value delivered based on my experience on the current Taycan 4S.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well since I noticed it, I have been testing it and like everything else with this car is a trip and error It works whenever it pleases to do so with no rhyme or reason. In fact, it works even when I dont have Porsche Navigation on (using Waze), yet ⅔ of the time does not work when Porsche navigation is active. Probably another beta version of a system on my beta version car.
Sponsored