RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Just picked up my new Taycan and am happy (so far) but...Apple Car Play refuses to work on it. The car sees the phone and the phone sees the car and other functionality is fine..but Car Play refuses to pop up (am using the cable to connect). Phone just got updated to 14.5 and am wondering if that is the issue. (Phone / Car Play work fine on my other cars). Anybody else having this issue?
Sponsored

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
No issue with iOS 14.5 and CarPlay for me, other than it can take up to ~30 seconds to actually start playing music sometimes. But that was the case with earlier iOS 14.x versions.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Just picked up my new Taycan and am happy (so far) but...Apple Car Play refuses to work on it. The car sees the phone and the phone sees the car and other functionality is fine..but Car Play refuses to pop up (am using the cable to connect). Phone just got updated to 14.5 and am wondering if that is the issue. (Phone / Car Play work fine on my other cars). Anybody else having this issue?
What do you mean the car "sees" the phone? Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone via bluetooth and they say Use CarPlay? What happens if you go the devices and click on the CarPlay icon for the phone when its connected?

Also have you tried a difference USB cable?
Sponsored