First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Screenshot_20200527-134335.png

Looked it up on Good to Know app under Active Lane Keeping.
For vehicles with... sounds a bit light! Unless all cars with active lane keeping have this enabled. I’d say that was a must, but maybe some countries allow a car to steer without hands on and continue to drive.. scary!

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got it. Is it that if I just have my hand resting on the bottom of the wheel, that is enough?

Would be weird to do that and have the steering wheel moving by itself, but I guess I would get used to that.
I tried this afternoon and it’s ok if you put only a hand (even 2 fingers !) on the steering wheel.
it’s like there is a touch sensor.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I tried this afternoon and it’s ok if you put only a hand (even 2 fingers !) on the steering wheel.
it’s like there is a touch sensor.
I know with Tesla it looks for the natural resistance on the wheel. There are actually devices which are not very legit that you can attach to the wheel and it puts a weigh on the wheel enough to trick the system into thinking your holding the wheel. I wouldn’t recommend this btw. This system is not at that autonomy level. Bug I’m sure we’re all mature Porsche drivers won’t want to trick the Taycan!

OP
OP
Taycan4S

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
Got it. Is it that if I just have my hand resting on the bottom of the wheel, that is enough?

Would be weird to do that and have the steering wheel moving by itself, but I guess I would get used to that.
The car has to know a driver is in control, touching/moving the steering wheel. I drive with hands resting on the wheel when InnoDrive is active. This applies to all current "self driving" options in cars. The politicians have not yet given approval for self driving cars so all systems need the driver to regulartly take control of the car. I think in most cases within 30 seconds? The same applies to the Tesla Autopilot as well as equal systems in all car brands.

What puzzles me is why Porsche "undersells" this function. I really did not know what I ordered when I ticked the InnoDrive in my order, even the sales persons at Porsche did not really know what InnoDrive actually does.

Porsche should promote/describe their options better. The same applies for PDLS Plus, charging options and a lot of the other options in the car configuration.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks everyone.

I guess I thought that if I move the steering wheel that it would stop innodrive entirely, but reading this it sounds like it doesn’t and that it keeps going except for whatever minor adjustments I make.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
First I think Tesla’s overselling has created a bit of hesitancy to the whole fake “auto pilot“ marketing. Second, a Porsche you don’t actually drive yourself sounds like a bit of sacrilege!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
First I think Tesla’s overselling has created a bit of hesitancy to the whole fake “auto pilot“ marketing. Second, a Porsche you don’t actually drive yourself sounds like a bit of sacrilege!
I suppose this is the difference in marketing. Porsche undersell and over deliver, while Tesla is the other way around. Similar to range figures!

OP
OP
Taycan4S

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
I suppose this is the difference in marketing. Porsche undersell and over deliver, while Tesla is the other way around. Similar to range figures!
The only issue is that you don't really know what you get with the Porsche and therefore may not choose that option. If the car configurator had more useful information, I bet a lot more people would chose more of the good options. I almost didn't select the InnoDrive as the dealer had no clue as to what it does and the pages were quite unclear.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
The only issue is that you don't really know what you get with the Porsche and therefore may not choose that option. If the car configurator had more useful information, I bet a lot more people would chose more of the good options. I almost didn't select the InnoDrive as the dealer had no clue as to what it does and the pages were quite unclear.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My SA advisor raved about Innodrive so I ordered it. They went to training in Atlanta for the Taycan. Now I just need the car to arrive ( August hopefully ). From what I've read on the forums LKA works better when invoked with Innodrive.

Last edited:

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
i do not like drive aids so much did not even spec a parking cam.

i have spec all the aids I could on my wife’s car instead.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Sounds like Innodrive will be fun! Can’t wait. In my mind the Taycan is a car of the future, I want all the tech to make it fully immersive!
Exactly, why spend a sizable amount of money and then get stingy on a few luxury tech items like a self-driving feature?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't quite agree. Porsche as a brand now has cars, like a regular Macan, which drives nothing more like a Audi Q...

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Exactly, why spend a sizable amount of money and then get stingy on a few luxury tech items like a self-driving feature?
I am not getting innodrive nor adaptive cruise control. In all the cars I have even owned and that had these things, i used the first few months then never again. Porsche is a brand and driving experience, if I wanted Tech i'd go Tesla as they are well ahead of every other car company in the world. They are a tech based company at its core! Porsche for quality and drive, Tesla for cutting edge tech and free upgrades!
Sponsored