Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app?

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Working on tuning the analysis engine for trips, which is a somewhat challenging thing due to the infrequency by which the Taycan pushes its vehicle status to the cloud while driving.

That being said, I've been finding a handful of heuristics that help improve the accuracy of the vehicle's data reporting which is in turn improving the clarity of the trip reports.

Also: trips will soon have a details page with a full breakdown of the trip analysis:

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0831.PNG

The data won't ever be perfect because I don't currently have access to any kind of data streaming API, so it's as close as we can get without it!

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I've said it before, but, thanks again for this super useful app. And for keeping up the dev and fixes/feat adds. Really appreciated by a good many people!
Thank you! Really appreciate this; am happy that you're finding the app useful!

Reactions: B61

dws_ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2024
Country flag
Working on the ability to send destinations to the vehicle:
Would love to see this feature! I especially like it that you foresee to name the location/destination - makes it very useful.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Working on the ability to send destinations to the vehicle:

Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 15 - 2023-11-11 at 14.39.28.png
Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 15 - 2023-11-11 at 14.39.32.png
Man, if you can crack the 'code' to have this capability be 'real-time' vs the truly dismal (imo) Porsche app/web site implementation, that would be HUGE to me.

I've basically given up on the Porsche send to vehicle as it is SO inconsistent and invariably takes hours to show up in the PCM making it basically useless.

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Putting the finishing touches on the new journey destination features. Some highlights I think are pretty neat:

- You can now search for places within Electric Sidecar.

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0014.PNG

- Tapping a "Search Nearby" option will give you a broad list of things to check out. This is a great way to find new beaches, shops, and restaurants :)

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0009.PNG

- You can interact with the map in this mode and tap any results to see more details about the location.

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0010.PNG

- But the best part: once you've found a point of interest you can save it to your vehicle's PCM :D Once saved, you'll be able to send the POI to your vehicle as a destination.

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0012.PNG

As a bonus feature, I've added a new Shortcut intent for sending a destination to your vehicle. This is a great way to set up a daily routine. Here's an example that I'm going to start trying out that'll condition the car, if needed, and then send a destination to my car every morning 20 minutes prior to when I need to leave :)

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? IMG_0008.PNG

Will be sending these new features out shortly!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
v1.4.0-15 is out with all of these new features :)
So first use of 'send to car' was a 100% success in respect the car received it in less than 5 mins.

Now admittedly I had not tried this with the Porsche app in quite a while (nor have I tried to replicate with it as yet), so perhaps Porsche had improved this (my prev usage had a massive delay to car).

Either way a great set of features in your latest update - app is becoming a beast :)!

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I think the delay may depend on quite a few factors, but most importantly the car’s connectivity. If you’re in a low connectivity area the the car might not receive the destination until you get good connectivity again, often once you start driving.

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
In prep for adding charging station metrics I threw together a quick Mac app that lets you see the whole EA network and current status of the various chargers.
Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 9.26.51 PM

Fun fact: there's a charger in Hawaii!

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 9.28.05 PM

Some other fun facts from analysis of the data:

- There are a total of 853 public EA stations with 109 coming soon.
- Across all of the public stations, there are 3869 chargers, of which 2314 were open when I pulled the data at ~7pm PST.
- There's also 31 L2 chargers as part of the EA network that look like this:

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 9.32.20 PM

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
A couple days of station analysis is letting me start playing with how to visualize the station availability data:

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 1.01.54 AM

Interesting to see that some stations report as never having complete capacity. Not sure how accurate this data is yet, will need to camp at a station for a few hours align what's happening on the ground with what the API's returning.

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I just released v1.4.0-22 to fix the Porsche Connect API errors that started happening overnight. If you were seeing failure messages about VIN numbers, these should be resolved once you upgrade to v1.4.0-22. If you still see errors, please reach out to me with a screenshot at [email protected]

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
You might need to re-authenticate your account. There's two ways to do that:

1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Accounts
3. Tap the email for your Porsche account.
4. Under "Authentication", there should be a button that says "Reauthenticate with captcha"

If the flow above isn't working please let me know. In that case, you can remove your account and add it back again.
Sponsored