Is there any way to mute the sound played in the cabin when the car moves at low speed?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I love the sound.. makes me feel like im flying an x-wing! did luke try to turn off his xwing sound? (even though there is no sound is space)

:)
Sponsored

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I just hit the 1.000 km milestone and I find the car amazing. Flawless so far (even the PCM is not as bad as I thought).

But I do have a minor problem and I wish somebody can suggest a fix to it: I would like to mute the sound that I hear every time I accelerate/decelerate at low speed. It drives me crazy when I have to travel in the city traffic (often for more then an hour).

I know that alerting pedestrians is necessary (and an acoustic alerting system, aka AVAS, is mandatory, at least in Europe) but I do not see why a sound must be audible in the cabin.

Perhaps it can be disabled via PCM? Or by a dealer with some hidden setting? Or it comes from a dedicated speaker that can be destroyed with a hammer? :)

I have found the same question in other threads, but no solutions as the discussion veered off topic, so to be clear:
- I am not talking about the optional “sport sound” (I do not have it)
- I do not think it's just "natural” sound from the motors (my Tesla is quiet, especially at low speed).
- It's not the AVAS coming from outside (again my TESLA is quiet despite a much worse insulation)
- I know that many people do not mind that sound, or even like it and want it louder. I respect their opinion.
I had an Audi eTron and I know you could remove a fuse to disable the sound. Maybe it is the same for a Taycan. The trick is finding out which one.

OP
OP
xy911jk

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love the sound.. makes me feel like im flying an x-wing! did luke try to turn off his xwing sound? (even though there is no sound is space)

:)
Yes, the sound is the same as the x-wing. No, Luke woudn't turn it off, he would just fly over traffic lights; with the Taycan I am stuck with evrebody else, just sounding a bit different...

May the force be with you!

Deleted member 6348

If you disable the sound and hit a pedestrian, you’ve created a liability problem for yourself. Insurance companies don’t look kindly upon safety systems being removed or defeated.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Interesting. @W1NGE is telling me the same thing. I think the law is the same (introduced in EU July 19, before you guys left).

Perhaps it depends on the audio system? I have BOSE, what about you?

I do not think it's an issue with my car: I had a loaner for a week with Sport Sound and even when Sport Sound was off the internal sound, although different, was really loud inside until I reached 50km per hour (then the car is silent). Anyways, I am going to check with my dealer.
I have Bose too.
What model is your car?

OP
OP
xy911jk

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What model is your car?
MY2022 but delivered in October with uPdate 2023 already installed.

Do you have recuperation enabled - this will generate more motor sound?
Same sound regardless of drive mode /recup style.

I just made an appointment with my dealer for fitting the winter kit... I'll check the sound with them.
Sponsored