Is your Taycan a "Lemon"

• Total voters

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I had a cracked roof. There's the long travel brakes and uPdate that still haven't been resolved. I hope nobody has to get their roof replaced out of pocket. Looks like 6k for the roof, labor, calibrations. Nutso.

Still drives well and I'm just waiting for the heater to blow.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61

Dcgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
My 2020 TT qualifies as a “lemon” according to Florida law based on number of days out of service.

• Sad
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Forums like this are not representative. At time of writing, this forum has 7,571 members. If every member is a Taycan owner (they aren't) then that would represent less then 7.5% of the global ownership.

Lets guess that two-thirds of the membership here currently have a Taycan – then its less then 5% of owners.

But it's more skewed then that. Owners with an issue are much more likely to create an account and post about their problem in the hopes of getting help and advice. So the 5% of owners aren't just evenly picked across the population – they lean heavily towards owners with issues, or at the very least unmet expectations.

Interest in the Taycan Forum is way higher then members. Again, at time of writing there are 649 people reading of which members represent 61. Meaning that only 9% of the people currently reading this forum are members – again skewing data. Potential buyers are reading, making decisions and forming opinions based on an unrepresentative viewpoint.

Polls like this for sure tell you something – but what it is – is difficult to determine.
I can't argue with your stats and as the OP I will be the first to admit this isn't an empirical study. However it seems the forum skews toward people with "Issues" and I was beginning to wonder "did I just get lucky with mine?"

Based on the responses (from members that probably don't post much) I think the answer is "no." Most members (in the poll) have experienced few issues with their vehicle, or view the issues through the lens of what you'd expect from a cutting edge product. That's a good thing.

Larkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I voted Lemon. Had my 4S CT for 8 months and it has spent a total of 13 weeks at the dealer. I’m on my 3rd panoramic roof and currently been without car for 2 weeks with failed heater. No eta for the new part. Such a shame as I love the car but the quality problems are unacceptable
Sponsored