Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I’d drop the Tech package… most of those items included aren’t necessary for resale and in my opinion aren’t worth the money.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4S Cross Turismo (on order), Model X Plaid
Country flag
Would not change a thing.
This is awesome to hear. I am switching to Mamba Green. I just love the dynamics of it, and I want something a little different. My TRX is Silver, the Model X is gray, have Black BMWs. I think it's time for some color!

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
I like your style on vehicles. I just got a TRX as well, so you are not the only one trying to juggle fun cars in small condo garages.

Have you road-tripped your Taycan? How has it been on long trips if so?
I do enjoy the car for longer trips. It's a pure highway cruise missile even in base CT4 trim.

I actually just drove a Cayenne hybrid for a longer road trip because the heater in my CT4 broke last week (fixed a day later by Porsche Barrington) and despite being similar MSRP ($115k vs $114k) the Taycan is just another class of car. Can feel the slipperiness, feels like similar cabin space, though I know the Cayenne is like 2-3" more rear legroom. Just so much more comfortable at speed than the Cayenne, and man you really hate "normal" ICE engines and transmissions in normal cars after being used to EV.

The charging is the only frustrating point. When it works though it's fantastic. With how fast the Taycan charges (even on 150kw chargers) it can make short work of charging. By the time I get out, plug in, walk inside to a walmart to go to the bathroom, maybe find a snack, and walk back out to the car, its already almost at 50-60% charged, and I just scroll my phone for another 5-10 minutes and then on my way. Makes the temptation to check my phone on roadtrips a lot less I've found too.

OP
OP

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My $.02. Performance pack over technology pack, and if you’re concerned about resale, leather interior
Yeah I am just going to go for the Performance pack, and keep all the features. I want the tech pack as by the time i add the ACC and the second display, I am close enough that it doesn’t matter.

The leather is the last thing I am really debating. I dont like any of the options except the Olea two tone option, but that drives it up like 6k…

OP
OP

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do enjoy the car for longer trips. It's a pure highway cruise missile even in base CT4 trim.
Thanks for the report! Charging hasn‘t bothered me really with the Teslas, and so I guess I am used to it now. Also, if in doubt you can always watch Netflix on the screen, i know the Taycan doesnt have that built in, but I saw you can use a carplay adapter to add it.

Thanks for all the insights. What’s that timing on your GTS?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The leather is the last thing I am really debating. I dont like any of the options except the Olea two tone option, but that drives it up like 6k…
I had the base fake leather interior on my first Taycan. On my latest one I upgraded to real leather (not Olea) and I definitely like the upgrade. The real leather feels better on my skin, smells good, and is visually a bit nicer.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
It's not "fake leather", it's partial leather on the standard interior. (I'm sure the upgrade smells and feels nicer, that's not what I'm disputing.)
Fair enough. I had the standard interior on my first Taycan.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had standard interior on a 911 and it was tolerable given the ethos of the overall build, but once I did leather the first time there was no going back. The first Taycan I ever looked at had the base interior and it initially really turned my wife and me off on the car, as it just looked too plastic-y. I left thinking the Taycan interior looked really cheap. Then I saw it in leather and I changed my mind.

OP
OP

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aaarrrgh…. The only leather color option i like is the Olea Club leather… So it Adds like 6k to the price. If i went standard, then I would just go black and put the Neo accents. But if i were to go full leather, then I would like the Olea Basalt Black + Meranti Brown.

I was hoping the move from a Tesla to this, would soften the blow of standard interior. The $6k isn‘t going to kill me. But I also have to rain myself in at some point….

For those with the standard leather. Have you been happy?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Aaarrrgh…. The only leather color option i like is the Olea Club leather… So it Adds like 6k to the price. If i went standard, then I would just go black and put the Neo accents. But if i were to go full leather, then I would like the Olea Basalt Black + Meranti Brown.
[...]
For those with the standard leather. Have you been happy?
Don't let other people spend your money, go sit in both. (Seeing you're in Chicago, there are plenty of forum members near you, worth asking for a meet.)

Also see this thread; iirc, a concern with Olea-treated leather was that it may be less hard-wearing. Having sat in one, it did feel softer and perhaps that's subjectively interpreted as being more prone to scratching or (dis)coloration.

OP
OP

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't let other people spend your money, go sit in both.
Yeah I am going to try and make that happen this next week. Right now I am going to start from the position of NOT adding the package, and then see once I experience it, if it changes my mind.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yeah I am going to try and make that happen this next week. Right now I am going to start from the position of NOT adding the package, and then see once I experience it, if it changes my mind.
If you can't find any cars to sit in, your local dealer will have an area with samples (colors, interior) where you can see and touch/feel side-by-side various options. (fwiw, in my case that - and sitting in a Boxster they had on the lot - helped me decide against RaceTex.)

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For what it's worth, note that the olea club leather option includes the interior accents (neodyme etc.) that would cost $650 separately in the U.S. Also, the seat backs are covered in leather with the olea option, although that is not stated in the configurator.
Porsche Taycan Just got my CT4s Allocation! Questions on Performance Options Image 12-26-22 at 6.20 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: