Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’m into the second of three years of my PCP agreement, so one more year before I have to figure out what to do with the Taycan.

I think I’ll keep it, but what will you do and why?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I pay cash for my cars but after about 3 years of ownership, I plan to go for an EV Panamera….Cayenne worst case if for some reason it doesn’t come to market in ST form.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I did 3 year CPO warranty and a new lease with Porsche. My car had only 12000 miles and in pristine condition. It made no sense not to release it for an additional 3 years. Also, my new payments are 36% of what they were in the first 3 years due to the low residual value.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
It all depends on the financials at the time... too early to tell really...

If resale value is much less than guaranteed residual value - as seems likely - then hand it over and separately buy another or an alternative.....

If the next generation from Porsche or any other manufacturer, becomes available at the time - and offers a major uplift in terms of range, technology, capability, quality, driving pleasure and low-depreciation etc - then buy that...

I am just glad I didn't wait for MY24 thinking it would be a signifiant facelift.... I was thinking to do so before I committed to my present CT-T

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Battery SOH, extended warranty cost, and residuals are going to be factors when I have to make a decision this time next year.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Bumping this old thread.

I enjoy my Taycan RWD MY21, but given the high depreciation on the car, should I pay the balloon payment on the PCP (company car, tax benefits), or give back the keys to the finance company?

The residual is £45k, so is the balloon payment worth it, and can I negotiate a smaller balloon payment with the finance company if the price continues to tank? My car has low miles (8k). I’ll have to get insurance (£1,100 last time around) and 3-year warranty (£3,100), so probably all in for £50k.

I’ve seen some 4S MY20 with high mileage (50k) priced at £40k!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Have you seen approved cars with warranty at £40k?

For all the doom and gloom on residuals we read, it looks like they guessed this one about right when you look at the alternatives.

What might be interesting, however, is to talk to your dealer about what sort of deal could be done on a 4S... If you fancy adding a bit, there could be deals available to see you into a higher end version.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I was watching this and paused the used prices on AutoTrader:

Interesting thought on going up a level if the right car / deal is out there.
Sponsored