Key too sensitive

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any options to change the key sensitivity to open the bonnet (frunk, trunk, boot etc)?

I know over the years the Porsche keys design have got more and more sensitive but my last Cayenne and 911 I never accidently opened the boot/bonnet/trunk once in 3 years of ownership, in 1 week of Taycan ownership the frunk has popped opened 3 times over lightly brushing against the key when putting it in my pocket or putting it away in the house, it’s way too sensitive.

Any options for the key press being required for longer or any other setting ?
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Any options for the key press being required for longer or any other setting ?
If there was it would be forgotten after you turn the car off so it would be pointless anyway.:CWL:

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If there was it would be forgotten after you turn the car off so it would be pointless anyway.:CWL:
The keys store settings so I don't get your point?

Older Porsche keys were able to be programmed for this and change the settings to 2 secs to hold down to open the boot/trunk.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The keys store settings so I don't get your point?
No your settings (those that are saved) are stored in the cloud - provided your car has communication with Porsche servers. The key only stores the name of the user that was logged in when the car was shut down with the key in range.
Sponsored