daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@Hirschaj , @daveo4EV , @Jonathan S. , et al., will be really happy when Porsche does this for us:

;)
if the chargers do not work all of this is pointless - I believe it's mostly pointless and not the correct vector of investment - any monies spent on this sort of amenities is less money spent on more stalls

what I want/value:
  • functional fast charging
  • more stalls
  • good wireless signal - cell/wifi one/other/both
  • 7/24 - access to bathrooms
  • well lit and safe surroundings
  • trash cans
  • did I mention that the chargers actually work and there should be more stalls
any investment beyond that is a waste of resources that could've been spent addressing the list above…
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I have been doing this now for over 3 years.

It has gotten worse.

I get that chargers can break down, stuff happens. The issue is they just aren't keeping pace with the demand, so every charger that breaks has a bigger impact than it did before.

It is made worse by so many cars on the road that can't take advantage of the faster charging, so rather than occupying a charger for 20-30 minutes like a Taycan would, they camp out at the charger for 1-2 hours.

On the trip from LA - SF, there is a location with 10 EA chargers about midway. And that is all I need for that trip. The day before thanksgiving 9 of them were working, the day after thanksgiving only 6 were working...and there were 3 Chevy Bolts charging there for a long time, so it went from 10 chargers to 3.
You only need 1 😁

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Same here in my feedback. An incremental improvement in regular charging experience would far outweigh the rare “luxury experience” they seem to be interested in.

My idea of luxury is a trash can, windshield squeegees, maybe some shade, and a charger that has a red T on it. Add a reservation service and filter by review ratings maybe asking too much?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Is the charging experience in the USA really that bad? Here in western Europe (the Netherlands) I once had a charger which was in service mode.
Just can confirm it. Doing frequent road trips via/to Austria and Germany making annual ca. 40k km-s with our 2 electric cars, but ultra fast DC chargers are available on each 100-150 km on highways, availability (how many/total) is permanently shown on the dash and find 99% working properly. Additionally there are reports nearly every day about huge developments from filling station operators I mean installing ultra fast chargers. We are 1-2 years distance to get 300kW+ chargers on WE highways average each 50km-s. Similar to filling stations.
Sponsored