"Driver of luxury Porsche caught speeding at more than 120mph on leafy Cheshire road" Article

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
What method do the police in England use to "clock" a drivers speed? In the states it's various types of methods but mostly Ka radar band which is easily picked up by radar detectors. And, how are radar detectors viewed over there?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What method do the police in England use to "clock" a drivers speed? In the states it's various types of methods but mostly Ka radar band which is easily picked up by radar detectors. And, how are radar detectors viewed over there?
All manner...

Have read though if you need a bed time read:
https://www.gov.uk//government/publications/home-office-approved-speed-detection-devices-march-2007

Detectors and camera databases/GPS location etc is still technically legal in the UK (perhaps not elsewhere in Europe but I'm no expert)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
All manner...

Have read though if you need a bed time read:
https://www.gov.uk//government/publications/home-office-approved-speed-detection-devices-march-2007

Detectors and camera databases/GPS location etc is still technically legal in the UK (perhaps not elsewhere in Europe but I'm no expert)
I thought detectors were not legal and would be confiscated by the police if found.
It certainly used to be the case, and it meant if you had a detector built into your car they could confiscate the car and call you a taxi.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If pulled over he was probably noticed and followed by unmarked police car which recorded his speed on a camera. Not radar. The rookie error was not noticing plod on his (probably a bloke) tail.