Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
Hmm, how do I activate the Launch Control? We have a 4S Cross Turismo with Sport Chrono-pack. 700km on the clock.

In our Cayenne, I just put the car in Sport + and hit the braked at the same time as the throttle. It then says ”launch control activated” or something similar.
That message does not come up in the Taycan.
Sponsored

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Hmm, how do I activate the Launch Control? We have a 4S Cross Turismo with Sport Chrono-pack. 700km on the clock.

In our Cayenne, I just put the car in Sport + and hit the braked at the same time as the throttle. It then says ”launch control activated” or something similar.
That message does not come up in the Taycan.
See @W1NGE post here (it works in either Sport or Sport Plus mode):
All cars have launch control and activated with Sport mode in the manner you've described.

- vehicle at a standstill
- readiness for operation established (i.e. powered on!)
- vehicle at operating temperature
- battery charged sufficiently
- steering wheel positioned straight ahead
- D selected
- SPORT or SPORT PLUS mode selected
- Press brake pedal with left foot
- Quickly press accelerator fully and hold down - a message will appear on the instrument cluster
- Release the brake pedal within a short space of time, car will accelerate to the max
- Locate change of underwear and proceed to...

OP
OP
Olle-swe

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just tried launch control tonight for the first time. Holy sh1t that was amazing!
Haha yep it is kinda amazing! I did the same actually, havn’t succeeded with one before. ? I was to easy on the brake apparently. ?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
OK I tried it for the first time tonight. Is it any different than simply "flooring it"? I couldn't tell. I only have the RWD version and owned a Tesla before, so maybe I am just used to it being fast off the light.

OP
OP
Olle-swe

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK I tried it for the first time tonight. Is it any different than simply "flooring it"? I couldn't tell. I only have the RWD version and owned a Tesla before, so maybe I am just used to it being fast off the light.
Nope, flooring it seems to be the way to do it. if you see the ”performance start” indication in the dash you are doing it right.
I heard that the battery must be hot enough as well, but I am not sure exactly if it is correct or what the temperature should be though.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Yeah, LC on the RWD isn't particularly mind-blowing.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
WIll try on the way to work tomorrow AM! :). Stand by!

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes, there is more power output in Launch Control. See the power specs on the taycan website.