Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am having an absolute blast with this car. I have driven pretty much every car on the planet, ranging from a new Bugatti to a 1959 Cadillac and nothing compares to this. The balance of sport and luxury is truly astonishing.
Porsche Taycan Launch Control is fun ! 78215B79-8A19-4CE8-9BD7-D6074B442C72
Porsche Taycan Launch Control is fun ! 62DD1E0A-CD38-433A-8D50-BDCC49977757
Porsche Taycan Launch Control is fun ! 62DD1E0A-CD38-433A-8D50-BDCC49977757

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One of my favorite things about this car is I can be at a stoplight and randomly do a launch without causing a scene. Try that in a 911 or even a Macan and everyone just gives you a look like you're the biggest idiot ever and any cops nearby light up their sirens. Do it in the Taycan and you get a few "wait, what the fuck just happened?" looks. No tire squealing, no obnoxious high RPM holds, just silent blastoff.

To each their own but I love that. I almost never used launch control in my other cars, I use it daily in the Taycan.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am having an absolute blast with this car. I have driven pretty much every car on the planet, ranging from a new Bugatti to a 1959 Cadillac and nothing compares to this. The balance of sport and luxury is truly astonishing.
78215B79-8A19-4CE8-9BD7-D6074B442C72.jpeg
62DD1E0A-CD38-433A-8D50-BDCC49977757.jpeg
@Jaymo - man I'm so happy with my build...a 4S in dolomite with SportDesign - only two differences between what's coming for me is all black Mission E's and a manual charger door...but DAMN she looks great!

OP
OP

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You are going to really enjoy this car, and totally drivable every day, even in nyc...

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Car looks amazing!!!
Given your experience with other cars and especially your new Taycan, what where your must have options? And did you get any options that surprised you in a positive/negative way?

OP
OP

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great question.
Having built a porsche years ago and "in the business" and have helped friends and clients build and help with the ordering process, it was actually easy and fun... ( except when its your money...)
Must have options that absolutely have exceeded expectations -
Mission E wheels painted in exterior color - love the look, and ride quality not diminished at all.
Sport Design Package - pricey but totally helps the rear balance and more aggressive in front. Side skirts with exterior color a bonus.
Premium Package a must, bose sound more than fine.
Performance Package brings the car to life, and the technology is off the charts. Sound is intoxicating ( programmed to diamond button on wheel and first thing i hit.
Black and Chalk interior incredible look and being in Fla need to have the lighter seats. Great workmanship, fit and finish.
Power Charge Point cover super cool and comes in handy.
Folding mirrors good to have ( should have had the lower portion painted )
Model designation painted in exterior color nice, blends in without looking like i wanted a turbo...
Window trim black an absolute must if your going for that look.
4 zone climate could go either way, cool screen.
The Passenger display is kind of dumb and expensive but is cool, and like the way it looks with the "taycan" displayed when off.
Seat belts in Chalk nice blend, and porsche logo in center console nice touch.
Haven't used or even thought about the onboard charger that i got for $1100, let you know on that one...
Got the Race tech steering wheel for heat down here, on the fence is i like it, should have ticked the box for the roof liner, would have complimented it and looked good.
Overall, love the car as built. Very impressed with ride, quality, and design. A bit quirky tech, couple glitches, and a hot charger but that is to be expected in a new model...

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's awesome! I'd love to get some videos like that when I get my car. How did you mount your phone? And where do you do launch control, anyway? On a highway entrance ramp?

OP
OP

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
so fun...
have my phone just in the cupholder, actually sits in there nicely.
turned out of my development and stopped for a second to engage it, it was a sunday so quiet.
good laughs and the car is insane...

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
so fun...
turned out of my development and stopped for a second to engage it, it was a sunday so quiet.
In the cup holder with no cradle?? I’d think it would fly out.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
so fun...
I got my car yesterday, looking forward to trying launch! But I'm still not getting how you put your phone in the cupholder. Vertically? The video looks like it's in landscape. I can fit my phone (iphone 10) in the cupholder vertically, but it would definitely move when you hit the gas. Plus it doesn't point the way you had yours.

OP
OP

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
my daughter took the video holding her phone, mine sits in the cupholder vertically but yes, not that secure.... sorry for the confusion.
her laugh has made me smile all week so far.
enjoy the new ride !!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my daughter took the video holding her phone, mine sits in the cupholder vertically but yes, not that secure.... sorry for the confusion.
her laugh has made me smile all week so far.
enjoy the new ride !!
Aha! Thanks.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I also put my iPhone 11 Pro in the cupholder! It gives the perfect, slightly angled towards me, view. I also enjoy the occasional launch and have never had the phone fly out - so far... :)
Sponsored