TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Can highly recommend Metro. Simple to deal with, direct contact, no paperwork and all approved in 24 hours. 2.11% with £150 fee. Can be over whatever term you want. Lloyds were unfortunately much more difficult to deal with even though they had a better rate.
Would you mind sharing the numbers with me - PM is fine, thanks
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
If the car value is more than £125k Lloyd’s want quite a bit of info, below that I think it’s straight forward
Mine was £110k. It wasn’t straightforward at all. They wanted all sorts of details - especially for the period around COVID etc. Obviously depends on your business. Just found Metro Bank easier overall in my case. Was happy to pay the additional % for less hassle.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Mine was £110k. It wasn’t straightforward at all. They wanted all sorts of details - especially for the period around COVID etc. Obviously depends on your business. Just found Metro Bank easier overall in my case. Was happy to pay the additional % for less hassle.
When is yours arriving Pal? And is it straightforward to get them to speak with your dealer?

buying a car at the moment is like waiting for your wife to go into labour

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When is yours arriving Pal? And is it straightforward to get them to speak with your dealer?

buying a car at the moment is like waiting for your wife to go into labour
Collecting mine on Friday. Very easy to get them to speak to the dealer. Just gave them the details and they contacted them directly.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
That’s great to hear mate, you should have some fun this weekend

I’m still undecided which route to go down

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s great to hear mate, you should have some fun this weekend

I’m still undecided which route to go down
I was in the same position. Normally just buy outright - but with rates so low it seems a no brainer.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a 3yr plan
either lease or PCP then get another car at the end
But the PCP has so much interest that HP is poss a better way to go

Leasing a car with almost £20k in options seems criminal
Although it does work out a lot cheaper than PCP

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I had a 3yr plan
either lease or PCP then get another car at the end
But the PCP has so much interest that HP is poss a better way to go

Leasing a car with almost £20k in options seems criminal
Although it does work out a lot cheaper than PCP
Yip, with HP the £70k of borrowing costs me £7k over the term. I’m sure with the £70k in my bank I’ll make more than 7k. Cheap as chips to borrow right now.

Kilsoj

First Name
Killian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 turbo and cayenne turbo
Country flag
Would anyone who went down the bank route mind pming me the figures please?
Was considering pcp route and offset interest etc - but sounds like this would be a better option

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I looked in to this - it's probably cheaper but the outgoings per month are much higher this way. Depends on your business cash flow. Payments are up to 3 times that on PCP.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I looked in to this - it's probably cheaper but the outgoings per month are much higher this way. Depends on your business cash flow. Payments are up to 3 times that on PCP.
Yes. It’s HP so you pay back the full amount during the lifetime of the finance.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yip, with HP the £70k of borrowing costs me £7k over the term. I’m sure with the £70k in my bank I’ll make more than 7k. Cheap as chips to borrow right now.
Hi Pal
can you please confirm if the OLEV grant was discounted off the invoice to the finance company?

as with everything else during this whole Taycan process I’m anticipating Porsche and the finance company saying it cant be done

ps
had an email from my dealership about 2hrs ago to say they have located my car and its still in Germany, was told it was on the boat last weekend!

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Pal
can you please confirm if the OLEV grant was discounted off the invoice to the finance company?

as with everything else during this whole Taycan process I’m anticipating Porsche and the finance company saying it cant be done

ps
had an email from my dealership about 2hrs ago to say they have located my car and its still in Germany, was told it was on the boat last weekend!
OLEV grant has been taken off mine. Was sorted out between the finance company and the dealer.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OLEV grant has been taken off mine. Was sorted out between the finance company and the dealer.
Cheers mate

I’m just anticipating challenges as nothing seems simple
Sponsored