Lemon Law - California

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I am on the cusp of PCNA doing a repurchase of my 4S. Long story short, I have owned the car for 170 days and it is has been in the shop for 105 of those days. Before I execute the repurchase, just looking for any advice if someone has gone through this experience before with PCNA in California. Even with this poor experience, I have thoroughly enjoyed the car and intend to order another. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Confirm with Porsche that you will be eligible to purchase another.

I did this in CA with Tesla and they blackballed me as a result (good riddance, other manufacturers EVs are way better nowadays)

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Dude why would you do a buyback. I almost did one then realized I could sell the car back for more than I bought it for. Marin and Sacramento are thirsty AF for them.

btw another X7/Taycan combo here in NorCal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Confirm with Porsche that you will be eligible to purchase another.

I did this in CA with Tesla and they blackballed me as a result (good riddance, other manufacturers EVs are way better nowadays)
Shouldn't be an issue with Porsche. In fact, as part of the re-purchase option they are also offering a voucher amount (from PCNA) for a new purchase.

OP
OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dude why would you do a buyback. I almost did one then realized I could sell the car back for more than I bought it for. Marin and Sacramento are thirsty AF for them.

btw another X7/Taycan combo here in NorCal.
This is what I am wrestling with. I would still have to pursue getting the main issue that caused the high shop-days resolved.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is what I am wrestling with. I would still have to pursue getting the main issue that caused the high shop-days resolved.
I had this happen with a BMW, although not quite as long as you. They had an in between option where they cut me a check for 15K - it was for damages essentially and the obligation on my end was if the car in the end still ended up being repurchased that amount would be deducted from the settlement.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Shouldn't be an issue with Porsche. In fact, as part of the re-purchase option they are also offering a voucher amount (from PCNA) for a new purchase.
What amount do they offer? The price you paid, or MSRP of the car you bought?

Are they able to help secure you an allocation or an inbound car at least? It's not like Taycan's are lining dealers lots these days...

OP
OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had this happen with a BMW, although not quite as long as you. They had an in between option where they cut me a check for 15K - it was for damages essentially and the obligation on my end was if the car in the end still ended up being repurchased that amount would be deducted from the settlement.
They are offering a cash-n-keep option, but beyond the cash amount I have not seen the other specific terms yet. Thank you.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
They are offering a cash-n-keep option, but beyond the cash amount I have not seen the other specific terms yet. Thank you.
Got it. I took the cash offer on a prior Porsche. I get the sense they really don't like buybacks and will bribe you as much as possible to not go through the process.

OP
OP
GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What amount do they offer? The price you paid, or MSRP of the car you bought?

Are they able to help secure you an allocation or an inbound car at least? It's not like Taycan's are lining dealers lots these days...
I am not quite there in the re-purchase process on amount though I assume it would be what I paid. I did ask about preferential allocation and was told that due to chip shortages and performance-based allocation (for dealers) PCNA could not assist me directly.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
If it’s resolved then why get rid of
It. You’d be rolling the dice on another car with same issues

I came to this conclusion. 1 - sell it for more than I bought it for and buy something else or 2 - get it fixed and keep it.

Reactions: GRV

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am not quite there in the re-purchase process on amount though I assume it would be what I paid. I did ask about preferential allocation and was told that due to chip shortages and performance-based allocation (for dealers) PCNA could not assist me directly.
they typically deduct for mileage - they will give you the rate per mile deduction calc in the up front disclosures.
Sponsored

Reactions: GRV