DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I personally wouldn't go straight to the lemon law - I'd try to negotiate a good faith compromise unless I really felt like they weren't being fair.

I tend to keep the nuclear option as a weapon of last resort. Most of the time people will be reasonable if you give them a chance to be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Send this to your service advisor, cc in the manager and ask them why the car was delivered to you when there is a bulletin from Porsche stating not to. Ask them if they followed this bulletin. I had the same issue but my dealer was able to fix it within a day.

You should have gotten a customer survey from porsche after you picked up the car -find it and give them a zero. Email Porsche NA headquarter too. You certainly deserve some compensation.

Porsche.jpeg
Omg! Wow! I didn't know that! Thank you so much. I will definitely forward this to my service advisor. My SA called me As soon as my car was delivered to the dealer last year. It was the 2022 model. Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I personally wouldn't go straight to the lemon law - I'd try to negotiate a good faith compromise unless I really felt like they weren't being fair.

I tend to keep the nuclear option as a weapon of last resort. Most of the time people will be reasonable if you give them a chance to be.
Totally agreed with you. This is my 3rd Porsche and it is a great car and has awesome service. Thank you very much.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I had the same issue when I picked up my car for the initial delivery. The technician ran out of time when he was trying to set up the car so I needed to bring it back to get my account registered.

A few days later I brought it back to the dealership and after many more attempts to register my account, I ended up needing to make a new password on the Internet in the myporsche.com app. The tech at the Porsche dealership then reset the PCM and then I was able to register in the car.

Why you have been stuck in guest mode since last November (I assume you made a typo when you said ' I got my car on 11/25/22 ') makes no sense unless there really is a bad part which needs to be replaced.
I guess there must be a part that needs to be replaced. It is a brand new car (delivered on 11/25/22) I don't understand that either.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Doesn't a car have to be out of service at the dealer in order to qualify for Lemon Law?

• The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first);
  • If required by the warranty or owner’s manual, you notified the manufacturer about the problem; and
  • You have taken the vehicle in for repair by the manufacturer or its agents:
    • Four or more times for the same problem and it still is not fixed, or
    • Two or more times for the same problem, if that problem is big enough to cause death or serious injury, and it still is not fixed, or
    • The vehicle has been out of service for repair for more than 30 days (the 30 days do not need to be in a row).
Car isn't out of service..........
Oops! I guess you are right. Thank you for the info.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
By the way, this is why it takes almost one year now to obtain a car. There are many components in shortage. Good Luck. This is a totally great car which you can enjoy still today.

By the way, this issue about the SOS Button has been mentioned here before. I just did a quick search and there was a process for Porsche to follow to reset it. I hope your concession did it and it simply didn't work ???? here is the link

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/pcm-stuck-in-guest-mode.8833/page-3#post-136287
Thank you so much for the link!!! really appreciate it.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Doesn't a car have to be out of service at the dealer in order to qualify for Lemon Law?

• The problem first occurred within 18 months of delivery or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first);
  • If required by the warranty or owner’s manual, you notified the manufacturer about the problem; and
  • You have taken the vehicle in for repair by the manufacturer or its agents:
    • Four or more times for the same problem and it still is not fixed, or
    • Two or more times for the same problem, if that problem is big enough to cause death or serious injury, and it still is not fixed, or
    • The vehicle has been out of service for repair for more than 30 days (the 30 days do not need to be in a row).
Car isn't out of service..........
The 30 days out of service is combined as well. So it can be multiple issues that add up to the 30 days and doesnt reset per issue.

OP
OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Carrera motors in Gent Belgium. I don’t know if their English is good enough to explain. But if they can do it here Porsche should be able to explain in to your dealer.
Thank you for the info. :)
Sponsored