Lock date changed day before production was to begin

mma84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to TYD, up until yesterday my lock date was scheduled for today. I noticed the lock date suddenly changed to 9 days out. Wondering if this has anything to do with possible cars lost on the Felicity Ace? Anyone else notice their lock date change the day before?
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
If your lock date changed, next thing you’ll see most likely is a production date change - that’s what happened to me (car finally delivered in December). And if they prioritize replacing any lost cars from the FA, then it’s going to have a downstream impact.

Last edited:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
According to TYD, up until yesterday my lock date was scheduled for today. I noticed the lock date suddenly changed to 9 days out. Wondering if this has anything to do with possible cars lost on the Felicity Ace? Anyone else notice their lock date change the day before?
This happened to me a while back when they were having supply chain issues (car is now waiting in Emden). The freeze date was moved 2 weeks out and the production date was moved later on. It is probably too early for the Felicity Ace issues to have affected production although I'd imagine they will prioritize replacing those cars at some point and that may impact production schedules.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think the FA will be an unknown for a long time.

They will need to get it in port, then have discussions with all the relevant parties (Ship owners / salvage / VAG / Insurers / accident investigators etc) and assess all the damage.
Then make corporate decisions and decide liability and then Porsche decide what action to take.
I would say weeks if not months before the impact is felt.

Full disclosure: my knowledge in this area comprises solely of watching 'Shipwrecks at Sea' on Discovery channel.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Newbie question: what is TYD? Also, I wasnt aware that we could see our lock date in some system. Please help me to understand. Thanks.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Newbie question: what is TYD? Also, I wasnt aware that we could see our lock date in some system. Please help me to understand. Thanks.
Track Your Dream - It is a system that shows you the status of your car in regards to the freeze date, production, transport, and delivery. If you have an allocation you should receive an email with a link to TYD.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Track Your Dream - It is a system that shows you the status of your car in regards to the freeze date, production, transport, and delivery. If you have an allocation you should receive an email with a link to TYD.
Helpful thank you. I have had an order for several weeks (albeit with several changes on my end) and have never received the TYD email.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Helpful thank you. I have had an order for several weeks (albeit with several changes on my end) and have never received the TYD email.
I would talk to your dealer. If you have an allocation, and they have been making changes, they should be able to set you up with TYD. Once you get TYD be forewarned that it may lag a bit so far as being updated to reflect changes you make prior to the freeze date.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would talk to your dealer. If you have an allocation, and they have been making changes, they should be able to set you up with TYD. Once you get TYD be forewarned that it may lag a bit so far as being updated to reflect changes you make prior to the freeze date.
Thanks. My first order went in 30 days ago. Pretty surprised that they didnt get me set up on this. I asked them a lot of questions that would have been easily answered over the past 4 weeks if they had set me up to begin with. Really good to know.
Sponsored