Lost internet connection since 5 days

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hi all

My Taycan lost connection to internet since 5 days: it doesn’t send status updates to My Porsche anymore, Météo app became unavailable, same for Spotify app, etc anything that needs Internet.

Is it only my car or others are having the same issue lately?

I am in France. Anyone in France is also having the issue?

Thanks
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all

My Taycan lost connection to internet since 5 days: it doesn’t send status updates to My Porsche anymore, Météo app became unavailable, same for Spotify app, etc anything that needs Internet.

Is it only my car or others are having the same issue lately?

I am in France. Anyone in France is also having the issue?

Thanks
I can't answer your question about the situation in France, but below is information about this problem than may be helpful.

If the PCM does not show LTE symbol, the car has no data communications with Porsche servers. This can happen often. Until LTE datacomm is back, your car Porsche Connect services will not work.
Here is a link to links which describe steps you can take: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ssues-using-my-porsche-app.17709/#post-272507
Sometimes waiting works. It may be cellular connection, or Porsche back-end, or something else. Good luck.

OP
OP
freeforall

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I can't answer your question about the situation in France, but below is information about this problem than may be helpful.

If the PCM does not show LTE symbol, the car has no data communications with Porsche servers. This can happen often. Until LTE datacomm is back, your car Porsche Connect services will not work.
Here is a link to links which describe steps you can take: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ssues-using-my-porsche-app.17709/#post-272507
Sometimes waiting works. It may be cellular connection, or Porsche back-end, or something else. Good luck.
Thanks for the inputs!
I just checked the threads you shared. I do have that symbol which seems to translate to “no LTE”.
I already tried the PCM reboot it didn’t work.
Luckily I have an appointment planned with the dealer for next week (it was for a simple WPN8 upgrade) so I will be taking the opportunity to ask them to troubleshoot this (which will allow me to skip playing with the fuses or disconnecting the 12v battery 🙂)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There has been some glitch with the Connect app for me as well in France, but I have the LTE connection operational. If you have no LTE symbol, it could well need a reset, which the dealer can do, or you may have a problem with one of the communication modules. I had a lot of these modules replaced in the beginning, but they have functioned well the last year or so.
Hope you get that sorted soon.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No LTE can also be caused by problem with Porsche back-end servers or your cellular connection. Not necessarily problem with defective hardware in your car.

Replacing hardware in your car should be the last option.
Sponsored