ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Since Feb 10, my car is not communicating with the porsche servers- no online radio, no weather, no news (not that I look at that), no satellite maps, no my porsche or porsche connect connection, no google connection.. nada... tried re-booting the PCM - that did not do the trick- looked up in the forum for similar cases- didn't find any real fixes - gonna take it to the dealer in a week or so after a trip to so cal- if you have had this issue and resolved it what was the fix?
Sponsored

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
i experienced something similar, although the first clue I had was losing my Smartlift menu...the root of the problem was the car stopped linking to the Porsche Server…much as you described. it meant a trip to the service dept to perform a ”Terminal 30” reset.
i’ve copied my comment below from the “SmartLift missing” topic.
hope this helps your issue ?.

“Had our car in yesterday; a small but efficient and helpful dealership.
Our Smartlift functions are now all back. The menu is where it should be be and the previous saved locations were back, without having to re-enter. The solution was the now infamous Terminal 30 reset procedure.(detailed elsewhere in this forum).
Prior to doing that reset, the car was not communicating properly with the Porsche server..it could not establish a VAL code? A procedure which involved removing Fuse#8, locking the car and waiting 15min, turn car on and created a VAL(?), then reinstalled the fuse...solved that.
So today all seems normal ..MyPorsche app is communicating, and I was able to login my wife as a secondary user. Essentially it looks as if they did a real basic hard reboot, to get the computers coming online in the right sequence.
The question remains why all this happened in the first place..will it happen again? ?.”

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Since Feb 10, my car is not communicating with the porsche servers- no online radio, no weather, no news (not that I look at that), no satellite maps, no my porsche or porsche connect connection, no google connection.. nada... tried re-booting the PCM - that did not do the trick- looked up in the forum for similar cases- didn't find any real fixes - gonna take it to the dealer in a week or so after a trip to so cal- if you have had this issue and resolved it what was the fix?
I had similar issues had to make an appointment with the dealer. Issues are now resolved!!

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
The dealer replaced the comm. (LTE) module after similar issues a few months ago. Took about a week to get the part from Germany. Its been working fine since. Also the replacement module on my MY20 was a new part number and required a software update at the dealer.

OP
OP
ejcintr

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
The dealer replaced the comm. (LTE) module after similar issues a few months ago. Took about a week to get the part from Germany. Its been working fine since. Also the replacement module on my MY20 was a new part number and required a software update at the dealer.
Thanks-... gonna tell the dealer next week when I bring it in what others with similar issues have had done to address, terminal 30 reset, and comm module replacement... hope its the term 30 reset as a comm module replacement will probably take a while.

OP
OP
ejcintr

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
i experienced something similar, although the first clue I had was losing my Smartlift menu...the root of the problem was the car stopped linking to the Porsche Server…much as you described. it meant a trip to the service dept to perform a ”Terminal 30” reset.
i’ve copied my comment below from the “SmartLift missing” topic.
hope this helps your issue ?.

“Had our car in yesterday; a small but efficient and helpful dealership.
Our Smartlift functions are now all back. The menu is where it should be be and the previous saved locations were back, without having to re-enter. The solution was the now infamous Terminal 30 reset procedure.(detailed elsewhere in this forum).
Prior to doing that reset, the car was not communicating properly with the Porsche server..it could not establish a VAL code? A procedure which involved removing Fuse#8, locking the car and waiting 15min, turn car on and created a VAL(?), then reinstalled the fuse...solved that.
So today all seems normal ..MyPorsche app is communicating, and I was able to login my wife as a secondary user. Essentially it looks as if they did a real basic hard reboot, to get the computers coming online in the right sequence.
The question remains why all this happened in the first place..will it happen again? ?.”
Well- went on a road trip to SoCal... and it all came back on line... don't know why but just happy the PCM gods smiled down on me... :)
Sponsored