Lotus Type 133 Saloon info

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Interesting, yes. Looks to be a direct competitor to the Taycan. Though, my concern is, if the Emira and Evija launches are any indicator I'd be a bit worried on delivery and initial quality (or perhaps that's just Lotus quirks).

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To me the only play is novelty, in that it may be more unique. If it handled/steered better than the Taycan (which seems unlikely), I might be interested, but at a similar price point, I have no interest in subpar (Audi A7) looks and more likely dodgy build quality.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I think it’s interesting and having driven a few, albeit much much lighter, Lotus’s I think it could be a car with excellent drive-ability. The best handling car I’ve driven properly was an S2 Exige. It seems like Lotus have got their interior quality up now too. With Geely’s expertise as well, it could be a winner. Will it be a Taycan rival? To be seen I think, but it will be one to watch and see and good to see more driving focused cars on the EV market imo 👍🏻

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll preface this by saying that I'm a long time Lotus fan and Elise owner.
Styling looks very uninspired here. Totally agree on the launch execution comment also.

I really want this to be good, but have my doubts

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
No really a Lotus is it? Just Geely trading on past glories but diluting the brand 🙁
Sponsored