The Lotus Eletre R is pretty quick then

Deleted member 6348

Quality control….Hmmm. Our Taycans aren’t exactly bastions of perfect quality control are they. Be honest with yourself.
Mine was. 26k miles in 8 months. Beautiful fit and finish. Zero mechanical issues.

Model X, now there’s an example of how bad things can go.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6348

The person behind that thread never posts a photo of their Taycan and provides no details about their spec. They don’t even have a profile picture and the whopping three threads that they started are all complaints about stuff that nobody has ever seen. Don’t believe everything that you read on the Internet.

There are an exhausting number of trolls in automotive forums that haven’t owned or don’t intend to purchase the cars, but spend their time trolling the forums.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The person behind that thread never posts a photo of their Taycan and provides no details about their spec. They don’t even have a profile picture and the whopping three threads that they started are all complaints about stuff that nobody has ever seen. Don’t believe everything that you read on the Internet.

There are an exhausting number of trolls in automotive forums that haven’t owned or don’t intend to purchase the cars, but spend their time trolling the forums.
That was a one example. Let’s not talk about 12v battery failures, heater failures, cooling fans in front wheel arches that seize up or OTA security updates that have bricked peoples Taycans here. All independently known issues and verifiable.

I’m not saying the Taycan is shockingly unreliable, it’s just not the best either in terms of quality control.

Deleted member 6348

That was a one example. Let’s not talk about 12v battery failures, heater failures, cooling fans in front wheel arches that seize up or OTA security updates that have bricked peoples Taycans here. All independently known issues and verifiable.

I’m not saying the Taycan is shockingly unreliable, it’s just not the best either in terms of quality control.
If you own one, enjoy your Superveloce. I sold my MV during the pandemic.

Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
I’ve a deposit down for the Macan EV and this is the other car that’s catching my attention, don’t see this as a competitor for the Taycan in any of its formats but an alternative to either the Macan or Cayenne then most definitely a rival and could very well have the edge.

This is probably the only brand that matches Porsche in areas like steering feel and handling ability at this price level. The unknown is build quality, Porsche is a proven brand at this where as Lotus aren’t but that said the parent company have owned Volvo for 10+ years and it’s a solid brand plus these are built in China and early sign is build is top notch.

One area where it surpasses Porsche is the entertainment system, the brother has the Taycan and I rate it an awkward system to navigate compared to my i4.

So personally I have an open mind about the Eletre and ain’t ruling it out.
Sponsored