Lowered chassis when parked

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I had a CETE module on my Audi. It's the way to do it. The install was super easy on that and only took about an hour. The amount of customization options CETE gives you is what made it worth it to me. Plus aired out the car looked great. When my 2022 arrives it will be the way I'm going.
Late return to this thread :), but I meant to ask if by chance you had any install pics - I guess the biggest thing would be ensuring CETE modules are properly aligned and have clean WiFi access (w/o blocking from under car cladding etc). The more I read about the CETE unit the more I have to say I am leaning towards it (might be selling my FVD links unused!).
Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Late return to this thread :), but I meant to ask if by chance you had any install pics - I guess the biggest thing would be ensuring CETE modules are properly aligned and have clean WiFi access (w/o blocking from under car cladding etc). The more I read about the CETE unit the more I have to say I am leaning towards it (might be selling my FVD links unused!).
It's being installed the first week of January. I'll try to snag some photos.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The more I read about the CETE unit the more I have to say I am leaning towards it (might be selling my FVD links unused!).
Let me know if you do.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let me know if you do.
Well I went ahead and took the plunge on the CETE modules. Actually also got TAG motorsports plug and play harness solution which skips having to tap into the cars wiring (std. unit). Might be a wait to receive the kit re supply chain but yes, I will now be selling the brand new FVD links.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's being installed the first week of January. I'll try to snag some photos.
Perfect Thx!
So you're not doing it yourself but having a 3rd party install? I was curious if the install docs that come with the unit are of any real use!?

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Perfect Thx!
So you're not doing it yourself but having a 3rd party install? I was curious if the install docs that come with the unit are of any real use!?
I installed it on my SQ5 myself but on this one I'm having a local indy shop do it. The instructions are alright but they're directly translated from German

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I installed it on my SQ5 myself but on this one I'm having a local indy shop do it. The instructions are alright but they're directly translated from German
I'll be hounding you for install pics :) I've also got Sean at TAG to offer his assistance albeit remotely once I start the install - whilst I've wire tapped many times in the past with various electronics, I was just reticent to muck with this EV's wiring and went all in with adding the TAG plug and play harness which does not require wire taps and a much more elegant solution I think - pricey no doubt but my car will be kept longer than most folk keep theirs I suspect, hence worth it imo.
Very excited about the versatility of this kit and the fairly stealthy install :)

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Here is my advice before the install. Take a look at the harness and mark it up (front/back) with some tape and (left/right) for the plugs before you do the install. That way you do not mix the plugs up.

The rear sensor plugs are a bitch to get to, I found it easiest to use a 1/4 drive Torx socket that has a swivel and a 3 foot or so long extension and remove the sensor from the subframe. The reason for doing this is the sensor plug is tucked inside a small cavity of the rear subframe and it is very hard to get to.

You need to pay close attention to the location of where you place the primary and secondary modules, as they need some sort of line of sight to avoid having the signal blocked by the battery pack. I chose to mount my primary and secondary modules as far to the right as possible (passenger side of car) and they worked great.

The front sensor harness is easy as pie and takes minutes to install.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is my advice before the install. Take a look at the harness and mark it up (front/back) with some tape and (left/right) for the plugs before you do the install. That way you do not mix the plugs up.

The rear sensor plugs are a bitch to get to, I found it easiest to use a 1/4 drive Torx socket that has a swivel and a 3 foot or so long extension and remove the sensor from the subframe. The reason for doing this is the sensor plug is tucked inside a small cavity of the rear subframe and it is very hard to get to.

You need to pay close attention to the location of where you place the primary and secondary modules, as they need some sort of line of sight to avoid having the signal blocked by the battery pack. I chose to mount my primary and secondary modules as far to the right as possible (passenger side of car) and they worked great.

Great info - thx for sharing - my unit won't get to me until late Jan most probably (supply chain) but this is super helpful. Did you by chance take any pics of the areas you mentioned?
Cheers, C.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Just realized you said a 3 ft extension - wow :) I do not have that length anywhere in my garage - can you share the make/a product link to what you have? Quick initial search not turning up many options! Most appreciated.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just realized you said a 3 ft extension - wow :) I do not have that length anywhere in my garage - can you share the make/a product link to what you have? Quick initial search not turning up many options! Most appreciated.
You could probably use a shorter extension, this just keeps you from having to put your head under the car when on lift.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Have a BendPak 4-poster so should be good :)
4 post lift will not work for rears, the tires absolutely need to come off to get to the sensors. You can do the fronts on a 4 post lift.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
4 post lift will not work for rears, the tires absolutely need to come off to get to the sensors. You can do the fronts on a 4 post lift.
I was referring to easier access to the underside of the car when on a 4-poster lift - I have jacks on the lift that allow me to also take wheels off and have the car elevated on the lift at same time.
Sponsored