Lowered chassis when parked

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The only thing I would not assume is the CT and the sedan are using the same air struts. I cannot confirm that they do or do not right now, but I bet that Porsche has different parts for each.

That does not mean that you cannot lower the CT more than one inch or so as recommended by CETE.

I'll try to run down the air suspension part numbers for a CT and sedan and see if they are indeed the same.

I know on my sedan, I was playing around and raised it as high as it would go and there was something like 6 inches of wheel gap.
That would be great if you could confirm - I had a long chat back and forth with FVD and they basically concluded the same setup on both platforms and thus the FVD links for the Sedan were 100% compatible to use on the CT. However this may not still rule out different air struts but compatible links! Look forward to hearing back :)
Sponsored

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
That would be great if you could confirm - I had a long chat back and forth with FVD and they basically concluded the same setup on both platforms and thus the FVD links for the Sedan were 100% compatible to use on the CT. However this may not still rule out different air struts but compatible links! Look forward to hearing back :)
Links are highway robbery, they can be made for $20 with some M8 Amazon ball sockets (8) and all-thread and locknuts from your local hardware store.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Links are highway robbery, they can be made for $20 with some M8 Amazon ball sockets (8) and all-thread and locknuts from your local hardware store.
But they work and for a tiny fraction of the cost of CETTE whether DIY or purchase ;)

OP
OP

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the CETE module which includes a "show mode" that allows you to lower the car with your mobile device (iPhone) for me once it is parked.

I have found for me, that even when you are in the "low" setting, if you back into your parking place, the car raises to "normal" once in reverse.

Since I always back into my space, I will just drop the car with my module when I want.

The module also lets me set the ride heights in each mode to water height I want and those can be adjusted with the factory controls in the car (steering wheel knob, or settings in the infotainment).
So this is not a piece of hardware but rather some sort of chip? How difficult was installation? Thx!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How easy is the installation of the lowering links? Can you do it at home?
Absolutely - the main thing to be careful with is the sensors that are close to where the link caps snap on - there are a couple of (not so great TBH) install vids online - I think Vivid also has one for their links too.

OP
OP

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
For ref a number of forum users have lowered their rides with FVD, Vivid and other make 'Lowering Links' (which are easily installed and easily removable) and have reported essentially no diff. in ride quality.
I ordered the FVD links but won't get the car 'til EOY or early '22 so cannot personally report on that. I did however see a local Taycan in person lowered and looks superb - SO much better and I'm not talking 'slammed' but more akin to a proper sporting stance. Once installed you of course still have access to the various heights and lift just with each setting slightly lower based on the value used installing the links.
Great info. Any reason you chose FVD over Vivid?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great info. Any reason you chose FVD over Vivid?
Realize they are both very simple constructs but the metal materials and bush coverings (dust control) on the FVD's appealed more - that and FVD have been in the Porsche game a VERY long time, trustworthy.

OP
OP

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Realize they are both very simple constructs but the metal materials and bush coverings (dust control) on the FVD's appealed more - that and FVD have been in the Porsche game a VERY long time, trustworthy.
Works for me! FVD it is. Lastly, what type of shop should I look for in order to get these installed? Thx!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Works for me! FVD it is. Lastly, what type of shop should I look for in order to get these installed? Thx!
If I do not end up installing myself (most probable), I would only trust a well established outfit that works regularly on high end vehicles - thats just me.

The chap I visited with here in Houston has had a fleet of VERY high end cars and he shared the shop he used so I might consider using them as my long time local shop owner recently passed away rather suddenly (not COVID) and not sure of the current management's path forward.

For me it will be about taking supreme care of the sensors (again not hard to do, more awareness) and more importantly getting the exact same setting fixed on each corner. Beyond that I would want to be sure that these settings would not loosen through regular road use and I might need some assurance re thread-lock compound or extra locking nuts etc. to make it 100% sound. The FVD units are high quality so not too worried TBH - I'm just picky and a bit anal I guess about such things :)

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Interesting module - was not aware of this and thx for sharing - way more expensive option at base price of $1500.00 (for the Taycan) and presumably another $200-500 for install?

So if I am reading this correctly the CETE module can override the setting for each std. drive mode in the car (how is this different to simply setting up an Individual Mode setting?).

More specifically will this module allow you to lower the car beyond the factory low setting (say another 0.5 to 1.0 inches)? The links I mention above that cost from $200-300 basically "fool" the sensors on the suspension into thinking the car is higher than it actually is and hence lowers the car anywhere from 0.1 to 2 inches lower (if desired) than the factory setting. How does the CETE unit fool these sensors or does it simply override them somehow (clearly I am not an expert :)! )?

UPDATE:
I was on the TAGmtorsports site - found this description for a Macan install on another site (Flat 6) that maybe answers my question re ability to lower it lower than factory setting (text in bold below). Fairly simple install so a def DIY option:

QUOTE:
With the free smartphone app further functions are available:

App-functions_ActiveSuspension.jpg

• Total control - You are still able to control your air suspension via the Audi MMI.
  • Porsche Drive Select - You are able to set up each original Carprofilewith individual values. This means that you can set up following profiles with its own lowered or raised values:
    • Normal Level
    • Sport Level
    • Sport+ Level
    • Terrain Level (Offroad Mode)
    • Original Low level Switch
    • The original Low level switch can still be used to lower the car by further 10-15mm.
  • Switch Off Speed - With the help of our app you are able to set a speed limit. Exceeding this speed will put your vehicle to the original height.
  • Show Mode - You are on a tuning meeting and want the car have a particularly depth? Just check out the Show Mode and your vehicle goes downwards as desired.
  • Exact adjustment - Did you notice that you air suspension is slightly misaligned? Often you can’t realize this until it’s lowered a lot. If this is the case your car wasn’t calibrate perfectly. In order to fix this we developed a function within the app. It can be evened up.
An option for people who like it the extreme way: You can choose to use an extension kit for venting the air suspension completely while it’s in Show Mode.

Resources
I had a CETE module on my Audi. It's the way to do it. The install was super easy on that and only took about an hour. The amount of customization options CETE gives you is what made it worth it to me. Plus aired out the car looked great. When my 2022 arrives it will be the way I'm going.

OP
OP

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If I do not end up installing myself (most probable), I would only trust a well established outfit that works regularly on high end vehicles - thats just me.

The chap I visited with here in Houston has had a fleet of VERY high end cars and he shared the shop he used so I might consider using them as my long time local shop owner recently passed away rather suddenly (not COVID) and not sure of the current management's path forward.

For me it will be about taking supreme care of the sensors (again not hard to do, more awareness) and more importantly getting the exact same setting fixed on each corner. Beyond that I would want to be sure that these settings would not loosen through regular road use and I might need some assurance re thread-lock compound or extra locking nuts etc. to make it 100% sound. The FVD units are high quality so not too worried TBH - I'm just picky and a bit anal I guess about such things :)
I ended up installing the FVD links. Very happy with it. I think it even improved the ride in the middle suspension setting which I use the most.

lenk

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Most folks don't realize that when you add larger wheels, the overall circumference of the wheel and combined tire should remain the same. i.e. more wheel, less tire, less wheel more tire. Overall however, the circumference should be equal

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I have the CETE module which includes a "show mode" that allows you to lower the car with your mobile device (iPhone) for me once it is parked.

I have found for me, that even when you are in the "low" setting, if you back into your parking place, the car raises to "normal" once in reverse.

Since I always back into my space, I will just drop the car with my module when I want.

The module also lets me set the ride heights in each mode to water height I want and those can be adjusted with the factory controls in the car (steering wheel knob, or settings in the infotainment).
I'm loving my CETE module...still think the app is a little clunky, but I rarely use it unless it's for show mode :)

Porsche Taycan Lowered chassis when parked 51633589529_3855ef4a3f_h
Sponsored