First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag
Hello there,
I‘m Lars from Germany. Recently took delivery of my… wife‘s Taycan GTS ST. Primarily her car, but I use it for work on the weekends. The Taycan replaces two Teslas for us (2018 MS100D, 2019 M3P). I loved both cars for the longest time, but slow charging, relatively low spec interior, and the annoying AP finally got me to move away from T.
If it wasn‘t for my wife, I‘d probably have gotten an EQS. I don‘t use the car everyday, but I do a 750-1000km trip for work every weekend, so the better the long distance travel features, the better the car is for me.
My wife however convinced me the Taycan was the better car for us, and I am not mad at the decision at all.
Reasons choosing the Taycan:
- the looks: for me, it is hands down, the best looking car there is. If I had a million euros to spend on a car, just for the looks, it would be a Taycan GTS ST with Satin RS Rims (which I didn’t get for efficiency reasons).​
- charging speed: from 2 weeks of experience with the car now, the Taycan is the first car that is on the edge of charging *too fast*. My typical trip is: get into the car at 5:30AM, and onto the Autobahn for around 300km, most of which I do at 150kph ACC. Then, hit the IONITY in Dortmund with single digits SoC, plug the car in, go to the restroom, get my coffee refilled, get a sandwich, quickly eat the sandwich, take the coffee to the car, and unplug at >80% SoC. That’s just amazing. Even better than the EQS, and miles ahead of my Teslas.​
- interior and comfort: the interior is gourgeous. I love that on the Taycan you can choose leatherless interior without missing out on other premium options (on the EQS, going leatherless means no ventilated seats, no comfort seats for the rear, no hyperscreen etc). Also, I love the mix of colors they offer, and the feel of the Race Tex on the steering wheel. Also, it‘s super quite inside the car even at 180kph. Not worse than the EQS, miles ahead of the Teslas, again.​
- practicalaity: frunk + estate + reclinable rear seats = all the practality I need.​
- driving: best driving vehicle I have owned. Really relaxed and stable when on the Autobahn, really spicy when on the more rural „Landstraße“. Tons of fun. Great braking (much opposed to EQS and MS).​

Yeah, there is a lot to love about the Taycan, and it is a very, very solid base for Porsche to build on in the future. With the most recent leaks of the E-Macan getting a net 100kWh Battery, and a new Taycan being tested, one can only imagine how great of a car that would be…

Long story short. I am a long-time EV enthusiast who is new to Porsche, new to the Taycan, and looking forward to discuss with and learn from the members of the forum, about the car, as well as news, e-Mobility in general, and much more.

Lastly, here are a few (not great) photos of the car. I‘ll take a few proper ones, once I find time and it becomes sunny again (can only take a couple months):
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 8C4DCD6E-D867-420C-86A9-FD93FB4EE78A
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 449DA7E3-9699-4436-BB32-C63D3D6BAD3C
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 24DEE64E-268C-48F8-BB43-1D948481A47F
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! F1F92BCD-3684-4CEE-9C4D-A74FD64849ED

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello there,
I‘m Lars from Germany. Recently took delivery of my… wife‘s Taycan GTS ST. Primarily her car, but I use it for work on the weekends. The Taycan replaces two Teslas for us (2018 MS100D, 2019 M3P). I loved both cars for the longest time, but slow charging, relatively low spec interior, and the annoying AP finally got me to move away from T.
If it wasn‘t for my wife, I‘d probably have gotten an EQS. I don‘t use the car everyday, but I do a 750-1000km trip for work every weekend, so the better the long distance travel features, the better the car is for me.
My wife however convinced me the Taycan was the better car for us, and I am not mad at the decision at all.
Reasons choosing the Taycan:
- the looks: for me, it is hands down, the best looking car there is. If I had a million euros to spend on a car, just for the looks, it would be a Taycan GTS ST with Satin RS Rims (which I didn’t get for efficiency reasons).​
- charging speed: from 2 weeks of experience with the car now, the Taycan is the first car that is on the edge of charging *too fast*. My typical trip is: get into the car at 5:30AM, and onto the Autobahn for around 300km, most of which I do at 150kph ACC. Then, hit the IONITY in Dortmund with single digits SoC, plug the car in, go to the restroom, get my coffee refilled, get a sandwich, quickly eat the sandwich, take the coffee to the car, and unplug at >80% SoC. That’s just amazing. Even better than the EQS, and miles ahead of my Teslas.​
- interior and comfort: the interior is gourgeous. I love that on the Taycan you can choose leatherless interior without missing out on other premium options (on the EQS, going leatherless means no ventilated seats, no comfort seats for the rear, no hyperscreen etc). Also, I love the mix of colors they offer, and the feel of the Race Tex on the steering wheel. Also, it‘s super quite inside the car even at 180kph. Not worse than the EQS, miles ahead of the Teslas, again.​
- practicalaity: frunk + estate + reclinable rear seats = all the practality I need.​
- driving: best driving vehicle I have owned. Really relaxed and stable when on the Autobahn, really spicy when on the more rural „Landstraße“. Tons of fun. Great braking (much opposed to EQS and MS).​

Yeah, there is a lot to love about the Taycan, and it is a very, very solid base for Porsche to build on in the future. With the most recent leaks of the E-Macan getting a net 100kWh Battery, and a new Taycan being tested, one can only imagine how great of a car that would be…

Long story short. I am a long-time EV enthusiast who is new to Porsche, new to the Taycan, and looking forward to discuss with and learn from the members of the forum, about the car, as well as news, e-Mobility in general, and much more.

Lastly, here are a few (not great) photos of the car. I‘ll take a few proper ones, once I find time and it becomes sunny again (can only take a couple months):
8C4DCD6E-D867-420C-86A9-FD93FB4EE78A.jpeg
449DA7E3-9699-4436-BB32-C63D3D6BAD3C.jpeg
24DEE64E-268C-48F8-BB43-1D948481A47F.jpeg
F1F92BCD-3684-4CEE-9C4D-A74FD64849ED.jpeg
Thanks so much for sharing the details of your Taycan purchase, and your current experience.

All I can say is that I envy you being able to drive your car at 93 mph for long distances (150 kph) every weekend! Sadly that is not an option here in Washington State.

Last edited:

JimmerzK

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
Jimmy from Ireland here. Just took delivery of my 2021 Taycan 4s. Puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it….
Previously had a 911 (back when the kids were smaller) so Porsche #2 after a lifetime of BMW’s and Range Rover’s
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! D290B7A3-7939-44BF-A22E-D2E4D2CE8D84

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 04F5EC9D-2620-4F7F-ACA4-47C0363F652A

MSTN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Jeep 392 XR
Country flag
Went to Porsche dealer to pick up a Panamera. Came home with a Taycan. I never even considered an EV before driving this thing.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_3305

Wife and me on our first trip to EA charging station:

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! Unknown

Me when I can't remember my EA password:

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! odysseymonkey

Washington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi from Seattle, USA. I've just got my Taycan Turbo S and formally joined this big family! I used to drive a 911, and I'm so happy to find that Taycan Turbo (I test drove a Turbo) feels similar, at least compared with all other electric cars out there. I'm still learning how to use the car to its fullest. But I'm so looking foward to driving it!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Taycan 4S, '23 Porsche Macan S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

New to the forums and looking forward to learning and contributing. I'm a current Tesla owner and my wife drives a '23 Macan S. I placed my order for a Taycan 4S several weeks ago and my change freeze is 6/15/23. I previously owned a '21 Taycan 4S which was a complete disaster and dumped it after 7 months of ownership. I'm hoping for better vibes the 2nd time around. lol

horatiu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
horatiu.ro
Vehicles
Mercedes S-Class, Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello strangers 👋🏻
My name is Horațiu (36) and I’m from Transylvania (RO, EU)
Joined the forum in 2021 after being almost certain this car will be my next one and two months ago I’ve finally convinced myself it’s time for an EV. My first actually, first Porsche too 🙃 It was love at first sight when I saw the listing: Preowned 2022 RWD model in Cherry Metallic. I love it, such a classy color, it changes significantly in the elements. We have a lot of sun during the year so I’m going to enjoy every kilometer with this beauty! It’s a shame that they’ve discontinued the paint option but don’t worry, I’ve got a nice picture to cheer you up 😊 (I’ve posted more in the Cherry Metallic thread)

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! E07614EF-4E38-44A9-A7AE-D5C7621A0B5C

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cupra Born/Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo soon
Country flag
Hi, Nic From Uk here. Long time listener, first time caller.

Got a Cupra Born right now but expect to move to a Taycan 4s CT in the near future (order times permitting or a close spec approved used model). The Born is “cute” but not giving me what I need.

I’m certainly getting more info from the forum than a salesman which is great, thanks. My mate is a Porsche technician too so I’m starting to feel confident in my option choices. Still loads to learn so will be lurking here for some time to come :)

ridersinc

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2023 992 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Hello All! I am Nic... a new member and new owner from Orange County, California. I found a 2021 CPO Taycan Turbo S from a Porsche Dealer that I already have a great purchasing relationship that had most if not all of the specs I wanted and I was able to negotiate the price down to almost 100K off sticker. I traded in my 2023 Macan GTS for it (was able to get a good trade-in amount for the trade). Enjoyed the Macan but just didn't feel all that special after a little while. I drove the Taycan home from the dealership, approx 120 miles, half in traffic... and absolutely LOVE IT! The car was showing about 210 miles charged when I left the dealership, I put the car in Range Mode, and cruised home back to the OC. Now the range seems to be improving more and more. Having owned several Teslas in the past, I am really happy with this car so far. I love the cockpit, the screens, the HUD! Charged perfectly! So far so good, fingers crossed! Oh... I also have a brand new 992 911 Turbo S, but find myself more excited to drive my CPO Taycan Turbo S!! Looking forward to meeting owners in the area for some cars and coffees... and learning more about this insane giant electric skateboard! (PS, this is not the previous Experience Track car... hehehehe.)

dws_ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2024
Country flag
Hello all!
I am Daniel from Switzerland. Currently a Volvo owner and former BMW driver, but will switch to a CT soon. Had several test drives, config is pretty much done 😬
Now only a longer test drive together with wife& kids is left before I hand in the order. Keeping fingers crossed 😅

Happy to meet you all and to contribute to this forum!

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Picked up this new to me Taycan Turbo today. Traded in a 2023 Genesis GV60, the yellow one in the pic.

Wasn't sure about the Race-Tex but after seeing it in person I do like it a lot.

Need to take it to a Porsche dealer to get the PCM updated for Android Auto and so I can sign in with my account.

Live in Los Angeles (SFV) California USA. Hopefully I can make it out to some local-ish Porsche meetups soon.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! PXL_20230715_185514583

Attachments

Centra fee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
Country flag
I’m new here Glad to join the group. I have been lurking for a while. Learning so much and new experience here so i decided to join. Thank you for having me
Sponsored