briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello! Missed this post when I posted a new thread previously...

Got a Frozen Blue RWD on order from start of this month, so a long 12 - 18 month wait so I've been told! Still milling over whether to opt for Sport Turismo or saloon, as I think the Mamba Green looks better on the ST!

MatrixBlind

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
Well I succumbed and picked up a silver mamba before the 16th this month
Hoping the credits apply lol

ceramic coating next … sigh the checkbook is lighter

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 4B1DC997-CAB1-4238-8896-3BDC364675FF

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Hi from Dallas, TX!

Upgrading to my first Porsche and second EV. BMW M3/M4 owner for past couple of years. Had a quick ownership experience of a Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE that convinced me that EV is what I want but lacking on driving dynamics.

Enter Porsche Taycan. Test drove and put a deposit on a 2021 CPO at a local dealership. It is just going through final inspections and software update. Hope to bring it home this week! Suspense is killing me!

Pics below of the Taycan after my test drive as well as the past few vehicles (all now gone)

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20220827_130235

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20220530_123346

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_20200306_223136

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20220818_213233

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Howdy from the Greater Seattle area. Long time lurker, and just found the motivation to create yet-another-inet-account today. Longer-time still Porsche nut, though I have far more books about them than actual cars. Mine's a MY23 4CT with an ETA of (checks today's status) 12/2. This would be my first EV, and my first new, built-to-order car. I've absorbed an enormous amount of info from this forum, and I'm ready to contribute right back - so do let me know if you have questions about the vacuum line routing of early 944 turbos. Cheers!

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I've joined this forum a couple of months ago and have been reading and following ever since.

In my profession as an independent automotive consultant & trainer, a lot of my work has to do with educating people (consumers, but also dealerships and other parties) on everything there is to know about EV's, driving EV's, ADAS (advanced driver assist systems), but also on road-safety and cars in general.

After some years of owning a Tesla Model 3 Performance, I currently drive a BMW 530d, but I have a Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo on order.. I couldn't be driving an ICE car because of the work I do..

I thought I'd introduce myself before replying on this forum. :)

ps.:
I ordered my Taycan on May 28th (2022).
It was an existing order from Porsche Centrum Gelderland (The Netherlands), with a freeze date coming up real soon.
Just spoke to my salesguy yesterday. It should leave the factory October 10, after some delays.

Darios

First Name
Darios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 taycan
Country flag
Hello everyone. I am glad to be the new of the forum. I do love the forum very much, and I hope this will solve various problems I'll have in the future, thanks.

kennykill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan -- waiting for delivery
Country flag
What's up all? I'm in MD, USA and anxiously waiting for what will be both my first Porsche and first EV. Excited to discover this group -- from what I see I will barely need any help from my Porsche rep at all -- I can almost just grab the keys and go. Hope to talk with you all a bunch in the near future.

D8Porsche

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S HDE/Taycan GTS ST ordered
Country flag
Hello everyone!

My name is Nathan I am in Illinois, USA.

I have just put my deposit on a Taycan GTS Sport Tourismo and I am 5th in line currently. I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site for the past several months leading up to my decision. I have been a BMW enthusiast for more than 20 years, but Porsche has won my praise after the purchase of my '21 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition, manual of course! I included a picture of my Targa (front row silver, "7" in the meatball) when I was awaiting the go at the Indianapolis Speedway early in the morning during the Porsche Sports Car Together Festival a year ago.

The GTS Sport Tourismo will be replacing my BMW M850 Gran Coupe and will be my first EV.

I am very excited about the Porsche brand and I look forward to getting my GTS spec figured out!

Cheers

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! IMG_3369

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone!

My name is Nathan I am in Illinois, USA.

I have just put my deposit on a Taycan GTS Sport Tourismo and I am 5th in line currently. I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site for the past several months leading up to my decision. I have been a BMW enthusiast for more than 20 years, but Porsche has won my praise after the purchase of my '21 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition, manual of course! I included a picture of my Targa (front row silver, "7" in the meatball) when I was awaiting the go at the Indianapolis Speedway early in the morning during the Porsche Sports Car Together Festival a year ago.

The GTS Sport Tourismo will be replacing my BMW M850 Gran Coupe and will be my first EV.

I am very excited about the Porsche brand and I look forward to getting my GTS spec figured out!

Cheers

IMG_3369.jpeg
Nathan - Great choice! I think your going to love every minute in the GTS!

Tuco Blondin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW M3 F80
Country flag
Hi, I'm from Belgium and took delivery of my RWD Sport Turismo a few days ago. First Porsche and very happy so far. I also have an M3 F80 as a toy for the weekend. The forum is a gold mine, I learned more about the vehicle here than via my garage. Thank you all

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20221219_162710

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20221219_162722

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20221219_170621

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 20221219_170625

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Carmine Red - MY2024
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hi. I found this forum when I was researching for my new car.
Currently I have a Tesla Model X and before that I had a Porsche Cayenne Platinum E-Hybrid.
I am now 98% sure I want to replace my Tesla Model X with a Taycan.
This forum has given me a lot of knowledge and I intend to to fully utilise the expert knowledge here before I place the order.

Thanks

Imran

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
Hello….

New to the forum. Been reading posts and gathering useful information for a while. Decided to join after receiving an allocation.

Put down a deposit for a Taycan 4S in April ‘22
Taycan GTS allocation became available Dec ‘22, I took it.
Freeze date Feb ‘23

Decided on:
Mission E Wheel painted in exterior color
Premium Pkg
Technology Pkg
Exterior Mirror lower trim and base - high gloss black
Rear Axle steering
All Season Tires
Night vision assist
Heated rear seats
Leather steering wheel
Porsche crest on headrest (losing GTS with leather interior)
Illuminated door sill guards
Power charge port cover
Porsche intelligent range manager
150 kW/400V DC on-board charger

Can’t decide on the following:
Exterior White (prefer white but have seen several white Taycans in the area)

Blackberry interior w/white deviated stitching or Chalk/Black interior w/o black seat centers
would love to hear from someone that has had chalk/black interior for a while.

18 way seats or 14 way seats w/o ventilation & Massage

Model designation on rear in high gloss black or removed

Preparation for dashcam

Advanced 4-zone climate control

Don’t know if I need:
19.2 kW on-board charger (50 amp receptacles installed already)

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello….

New to the forum. Been reading posts and gathering useful information for a while. Decided to join after receiving an allocation.

Put down a deposit for a Taycan 4S in April ‘22
Taycan GTS allocation became available Dec ‘22, I took it.
Freeze date Feb ‘23

Decided on:
Mission E Wheel painted in exterior color
Premium Pkg
Technology Pkg
Exterior Mirror lower trim and base - high gloss black
Rear Axle steering
All Season Tires
Night vision assist
Heated rear seats
Leather steering wheel
Porsche crest on headrest (losing GTS with leather interior)
Illuminated door sill guards
Power charge port cover
Porsche intelligent range manager
150 kW/400V DC on-board charger

Can’t decide on the following:
Exterior White (prefer white but have seen several white Taycans in the area)

Blackberry interior w/white deviated stitching or Chalk/Black interior w/o black seat centers
would love to hear from someone that has had chalk/black interior for a while.

18 way seats or 14 way seats w/o ventilation & Massage

Model designation on rear in high gloss black or removed

Preparation for dashcam

Advanced 4-zone climate control

Don’t know if I need:
19.2 kW on-board charger (50 amp receptacles installed already)
In general I love the choices in your configuration, and if money is not a huge issue I'd consider either the GTS Interior Package in Chalk, or maybe Slate Gray. I have an interior in Black/Limestone Beige, and love that too. The GTS package sure looks nice though.

If you are thinking "white" but want something a little different, I suggest you look at Ice Gray. I have that and get complements all the time.

In the Technology package I would opt for the Panoramic roof with variable light control, although I've not found any problems with sunlight and cabin heating. Just sounds like a good option.

I have the 14-way seats with heating front and rear, and cooling in the front. I think this is a minimum you should shoot for, but the 18-way may be no cost in the GTS configuration so give that a look. Heating and cooling is very good to have.

No comment on the model designation or the preparation for the dash cam (seems good to have though).

I don't recommend 4-zone climate control, as I've never had a need for that, and I drive with people in the back seat about 25% of the time.

Personally, I'd go for the 19.2KW on-board charger just in case (like me) you decide to upgrade your wiring to support that in the future.
Sponsored