Missing Charging Planner

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just picked up our ‘22 CT4 earlier in the week. Built date 2/10. Finished production 2/25. No color icons on PCM. Love the car. One minor issues: native navigation came without a charging planner. If I set my destination, it will not add any charging stations to the route, instead it will show I’ll arrive with a minus battery percentage. Didn't spec PIRM but I thought charging planner is standard. I went through all submenus and I couldn’t find “enable charging planner” anywhere. I called Porsche support, no help so far… any ideas.
01E04DFB-618E-4C50-AB74-098090C8D465.jpeg
D2037907-D32A-4807-8A66-CB0691D0FFF0.jpeg
That's odd, the charging planner is usually above 'route overview' . What does it show when you press on start in the navigation?

Also another thing you could try is select the route in the Porsche app, does this show charging, if so send it to the car and then see what the navigation says

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I suggest as well you read the manual carefully in the "navigation" section. All instructions are there. Also, make sure your Taycan is connected to your account and that you are not as a guest. I believe you need to enter a destination beyond the capability of your car to see the recharge planning. Otherwise, if this is not solving your problem, you need to visit your dealer for more instructions.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag
I suggest as well you read the manual carefully in the "navigation" section. All instructions are there. Also, make sure your Taycan is connected to your account and that you are not as a guest. I believe you need to enter a destination beyond the capability of your car to see the recharge planning. Otherwise, if this is not solving your problem, you need to visit your dealer for more instructions.
connected to primary user, still missing the charging planner. If I navigate beyond the battery capacity, I get a minus battery percentage upon arrival without option to add chargers in between as shown in pictures of my original post.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's odd, the charging planner is usually above 'route overview' . What does it show when you press on start in the navigation?

Also another thing you could try is select the route in the Porsche app, does this show charging, if so send it to the car and then see what the navigation says
The app router adds the chargers, but i couldn’t edit the minimum battery% on arrival destination, so I could end up at the destination with an near empty tank of electrons.
I could send the route to the car but also with the same limitations as the app without the ability to change the battery% of the destination.
This is really odd.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just picked up our ‘22 CT4 earlier in the week. Built date 2/10. Finished production 2/25. No color icons on PCM. Love the car. One minor issues: native navigation came without a charging planner. If I set my destination, it will not add any charging stations to the route, instead it will show I’ll arrive with a minus battery percentage. Didn't spec PIRM but I thought charging planner is standard. I went through all submenus and I couldn’t find “enable charging planner” anywhere. I called Porsche support, no help so far… any ideas.
The following idea is a long shot, but you've tried everything else . . .
Perhaps the database of charging station locations never downloaded to your PCM. Do you have Online Software Updates enabled? See this thread:
Then, with the Taycan located where the PCM shows it has a good cellular connection, click on Updates to view progress of all the installs.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The following idea is a long shot, but you've tried everything else . . .
Perhaps the database of charging station locations never downloaded to your PCM. Do you have Online Software Updates enabled? See this thread:
Then, with the Taycan located where the PCM shows it has a good cellular connection, click on Updates to view progress of all the installs.
Thank you. On post#3 I took a screen shot from my.porsche.com and showed "online software update: contract term unlimited"
Is the website in the thread you quoted, the same as my.porsche.com or a different website to turn on OTA? What's the address of that portal?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you. On post#3 I took a screen shot from my.porsche.com and showed "online software update: contract term unlimited"
Is the website in the thread you quoted, the same as my.porsche.com or a different website to turn on OTA? What's the address of that portal?
On the my.porsche.com website, click on the tile for Online Software Update (contract term unlimited). You should get this screen where you switch updates on or off.

Porsche Taycan Missing Charging Planner Update setting screenshot
When activated, you should get this green cloud symbol on the About My Vehicle web page:
Porsche Taycan Missing Charging Planner Update activated screenshot

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the my.porsche.com website, click on the tile for Online Software Update (contract term unlimited). You should get this screen where you switch updates on or off.
Yes, it's been activated and took a drive, but still missing charging planner.
Porsche Taycan Missing Charging Planner OTA

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
In the PCM under settings, there’s a Porsche Connect services option, select that, it should show you all the services the PCM has loaded. When we first picked up our CT4, the Porsche Connect services could not be displayed on the PCM and Apple Music never showed up. Porsche had to reset everything on the backend to get things working. A bunch of stuff did not work, routing, updates, plig and charge, etc.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the PCM under settings, there’s a Porsche Connect services option, select that, it should show you all the services the PCM has loaded. When we first picked up our CT4, the Porsche Connect services could not be displayed on the PCM and Apple Music never showed up. Porsche had to reset everything on the backend to get things working. A bunch of stuff did not work, routing, updates, plig and charge, etc.
Porsche Taycan Missing Charging Planner B0B0BB1C-F421-43A6-A477-17C96A57C9ED

Do you mean this? Everything is active except PIRM which I didn’t spec.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The app router adds the chargers, but i couldn’t edit the minimum battery% on arrival destination, so I could end up at the destination with an near empty tank of electrons.
I could send the route to the car but also with the same limitations as the app without the ability to change the battery% of the destination.
This is really odd.
Hang on here. That IS the charge planner, if it's adding chargers to the route.

To change the destination percentage, it's hidden under one of the options on the "..." in the lower right from the Navigation page.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Uncheck "set minimum charge at destination automatically" then tap the option below it to set your end state of charge.
Porsche Taycan Missing Charging Planner IMG_0006

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uncheck "set minimum charge at destination automatically" then tap the option below it to set your end state of charge.
IMG_0006.jpeg
Unfortunately, the problem is my "route options" is missing from PCM. I tried clicking on 3 dots at navigation page and I got "route overview", "avoid", alternative route", etc, but no "route options". very strange...

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hang on here. That IS the charge planner, if it's adding chargers to the route.

To change the destination percentage, it's hidden under one of the options on the "..." in the lower right from the Navigation page.
The my porsche app adds charging stops and allows me to send that to the PCM, but because the charging planner is missing in PCM, I'm not able to set the minimum charging % at destination. It's as if the whole page of "route options" is missing from my PCM.
Sponsored