Mission E v RS 21”

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
What great timing on this question! I LITERALLY was reading another thread just seconds ago and was thinking of posting the exact same. I’ve finally decided on ext color being Ice Grey on a GTS and the last option I’m struggling with is the mission E’s in the silver or all black 21” Spyders. It’s been written on other threads that the silver lip of the mission E’s very closely match the Ice Grey. The all black look is classic and sharp but the mission E’s make the car very unique to others and also give tribute to the original mission E concept car. Tough choice for me so I’ll definitely be interested to follow this thread to see opinions.
Thanks for posting Simon!
For your reference, here's my Ice Grey with standard Mission E's:

Porsche Taycan Mission E v RS 21” IMG_1014
Sponsored

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I went with the RS because I have a GTS but kind of wished I had gone with the mission Es with body color match (Neptune Blue). The RS in all black is more subtle than I would prefer.

foto_no_exif (1).jpg
I think that’s gorgeous, thank you for the picture, and exactly what I went with on my GTS (Neptune Blue, RS wheels, albeit black brake calipers).

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
It depends on the car color. Mission E's painted to match looks particularly good with lighter and neutral colors (white, gray, chalk/crayon). It's hard to make wheels turn heads, but Mission E's do exactly that.
Saw a cherry Taycan with cherry E-rims a while back. It was horrible! How to ruin a car's look.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I have the dark brushed silver mission e on my turbo S which look great. I’d only do the color match with while chalk or ice grey personally. Parked next to a gts with the rs wheels in black the other day and I was not a fan as the wheel design gets kind of lost. The owner even said to me “I should have gone with the mission e”.

Porsche Taycan Mission E v RS 21” 2EEA28EF-E5A8-4D0E-8528-82F7461485B6

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
Thanks! Looks sweet! I’m guessing you love it? Any regrets? Compliments from strangers galore I’m assuming?
Thanks! No regrets, though back when I ordered PTS was not available. So if I were to order again, I might have gone with something more colorful.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Anyone seen Mission Es with Gentian blue painted on the wheel?

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What great timing on this question! I LITERALLY was reading another thread just seconds ago and was thinking of posting the exact same. I’ve finally decided on ext color being Ice Grey on a GTS and the last option I’m struggling with is the mission E’s in the silver or all black 21” Spyders. It’s been written on other threads that the silver lip of the mission E’s very closely match the Ice Grey. The all black look is classic and sharp but the mission E’s make the car very unique to others and also give tribute to the original mission E concept car. Tough choice for me so I’ll definitely be interested to follow this thread to see opinions.
Thanks for posting Simon!
I ordered a GTS too and did think about this as well. Ultimately, I decided to go with the all black RS Spyders because they are unique to the GTS. The Mission E's are indeed different, "but then why get a GTS?" was my thinking.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I ordered a GTS too and did think about this as well. Ultimately, I decided to go with the all black RS Spyders because they are unique to the GTS. The Mission E's are indeed different, "but then why get a GTS?" was my thinking.
That’s a good point… food for thought. 🧐. You’re not making this easier for me. Lol

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That’s a good point… food for thought. 🧐. You’re not making this easier for me. Lol
I know it's a really hard decision because the Mission E wheels are soon nice, but when you see the car on the road with the black Spyders, you know it's a GTS.

seea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Singer Classic 911, Carrera GT, F430, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Never understood why it wasn't possible to spec Mission E wheels without PCCB &/or PSCBs?

P0R5HE_UK

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo - Genti Blue (Sold), GTS - Ice Grey (Q1 23)
Country flag
Never understood why it wasn't possible to spec Mission E wheels without PCCB &/or PSCBs?
Because mission E's expose the disc completely. The discs are prone to rusting which doesn't happen with PCSBs or PCCBs. Porsche standard discs seem to me to rust very easily. Possibly due to higher carbon content or some other material issue.
I've just confirmed GTS spec with PCSB, black gloss mission Es and black gloss calipers

P0R5HE_UK

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo - Genti Blue (Sold), GTS - Ice Grey (Q1 23)
Country flag
Here's another thought. With the Turbo or some custom options, you get colour coded lower side strips and lower front wings. In that case, colour matched mission E's probably look very good. Although, I am with other posters here. I would only do that with light colours such as Ice Grey / White. With the GTS, black trim is a key theme. Therefore, all black mission E's for me on the GTS. I've gone for black calipers but I can see some will like white or yellow, of course, if you want to flag you PCCBs!!
Sponsored