MY 2025 lease details & programs

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
News is not good on that front - figures are out and ironically in the latest reviews of the new Taycan (see Autocar).

In 3 -4 (4 more likely) - Gen 3 will be out so we wary of that!

EV residuals are 'pants' - it's the new strapline...

Latest J2 / Gen 2 Taycan review:

" Residual values on the car are a far cry from what they once were, though, having taken some serious blows over the past couple of years with so many second-hand examples flooding onto the market and depressing prices. That’s likely to make personal finance deals pricier than some will be expecting. For those buying with cash, CAP now expects an entry-level, 89kWh Taycan saloon to retain 45% of its original showroom price after three years and 18,000 miles of use, and a Turbo S to retain 43%. "

For a Porsche (any) these are horrendous numbers and many private buyers will not be taken for a ride 2nd time around (I'm seriously contemplating a step back to ICE and get that 911 I've been promising myself since I was out of diapers until such times as the only choice is electric (and therefore pricing stability)).

All this from a car which in the real world may reach 300 miles (non-WLTP) if that's an issue (folks in nice ambients are already experiencing that with Gen 1 and I guess will now expect 340 - 350). Gen 2 is not a step change IMHO.
agree it is not looking good but I've pressed on, order was confirmed this week, life is too short! I run it through my business so get some healthy tax advantages and would rather be driving a highly depreciating Taycan than a highly depreciating BMW/AUDI/Merc EV.
Sponsored

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think we need to wait and see what the official numbers are. Company direct-lease residuals often don’t directly reflect reality because they want to sell cars. In other words, I’m guessing Porsche will stimulate sales by propping up leases with artificially high residuals likely in-line with the current ones.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
agree it is not looking good but I've pressed on, order was confirmed this week, life is too short! I run it through my business so get some healthy tax advantages and would rather be driving a highly depreciating Taycan than a highly depreciating BMW/AUDI/Merc EV.
Afraid to say an i5M60 on 2 year lease including 1/2 vat on top is £21k. Bet you the 25 Taycan is over double that

I love my Taycan, I don’t love the fact it’s taken a year of updates and new heater to get it to were I’m happy, while the brother was running around in an i4M50 with zero issues

And don’t even start me on a 3 year £71k PCP deal

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I think we need to wait and see what the official numbers are. Company direct-lease residuals often don’t directly reflect reality because they want to sell cars. In other words, I’m guessing Porsche will stimulate sales by propping up leases with artificially high residuals likely in-line with the current ones.
The Taycan depreciation curve is comparable to a Panamera.
Porsche will give discounts before it artificially increases RV. Its better corporate governance
Its just like they did the J1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Examples are posted on the Porsche website. Not pretty reading and the discussion above accurately reflects the sub 50% residuals.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Afraid to say an i5M60 on 2 year lease including 1/2 vat on top is £21k. Bet you the 25 Taycan is over double that

I love my Taycan, I don’t love the fact it’s taken a year of updates and new heater to get it to were I’m happy, while the brother was running around in an i4M50 with zero issues

And don’t even start me on a 3 year £71k PCP deal
that’s a knock out deal on the bmw, where did you find it? Their own online finance shows c. £45k leasing cost over 24 months, 8k miles PA (the minimum).

I agree reliability and customer service is awful at Porsche, I was off the road the 9 weeks due to a warranty fail and parts not available and got zero compensation. My brother’s Audi etron GT was off the road for 8 weeks and Audi cut him a £3.5k cheque and 2x new rear tyres, after minimal complaining.

Sometimes I wonder why I’ve bought another Porsche but I cannot see past the handling and performance.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that’s a knock out deal on the bmw, where did you find it? Their own online finance shows c. £45k leasing cost over 24 months, 8k miles PA (the minimum).

I agree reliability and customer service is awful at Porsche, I was off the road the 9 weeks due to a warranty fail and parts not available and got zero compensation. My brother’s Audi etron GT was off the road for 8 weeks and Audi cut him a £3.5k cheque and 2x new rear tyres, after minimal complaining.

Sometimes I wonder why I’ve bought another Porsche but I cannot see past the handling and performance.
leasing.com but my local BMW dealer had an extra £5k for having car in stock in March, it’s the brother replacing the i4, he wants the iX3 when it come out hence the 2 year deal

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get on well with the guys but it was sold to Syntners? And man has it gone downhill from being a family owned multi manufacturer dealership to a numbers game

I can’t see me in another Porsche unless 911 weekender
Sponsored