OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have it and it comes on or off itself – there is no specific option. I personally think its voodoo – but I keep putting in my next Porsche build. No idea why. I live in Ireland too – our air is good.
Porsche good to know says it can be turned on and of in the AC menu. I dont see that in my car. And I also checked my order form and it disappeared in one of the version I made and I didn’t notice and could not put it back.

Porsche Taycan My Dolomite Silver CT 4 has arrived at the dealer A1D8297A-5A8A-4869-BBFA-3403DE6C6C62
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I have it and it comes on or off itself – there is no specific option. I personally think its voodoo – but I keep putting in my next Porsche build. No idea why. I live in Ireland too – our air is good.
I had to look into how an ionizer works. Allegedly it doesn't filter, all it does is charges any nearby surface so contaminants stick to that surface. It's why ionisers often have a dirt patch around them.

I always thought they filtered inside the ioniser itself, but that is not how they work.

Anyway, I was going to spec it, but now not. Read this:

https://molekule.science/do-ionizer-air-purifiers-remove-odors/

And with that saving, I will spend on something equally pointless, like the Porsche-branded USB cable or that wonderful MY23 'Board Briefcase Leather' we were both admiring the other day.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Some thought after one month ownership.

First of all : great machine. So nice to drive, the total experience.

The base CT 4 is fast enough for me, happy with my decision. It has enough acceleration. Tried launch control, really easy to use and gives a good push in the back. Would I have wanted a 4S? Maybe yes for 6,5 K £ in the UK but not for 20 K $ / Euro in the rest of the world. And after driving for 4 weeks: I don't have 15 K in options I would have skipped to upgrade to a less optioned 4S.

CT : didn't hit any speed bumps, parking spots, ... for me the additional hight is welcome. Didn't have to put in elevated position. Used the trunk a lot, glad I have the CT.

Range: increasing, now I am at about 420 km for 100% charge, 23,8 kWh/100 km, gradually going down. Preferred ADL drive mode is the normal comfort mode. Range is a bit more bumpy.

Renegerative braking: what a good choice Porsche designed it this way. I like the way it drives. One pedal driving makes the car restless / uncomforatable.

Home charging: I have the 22 kW option and a 22 kW 3 fase Wallbox charger. Works well. Have it on 10 A now (max 32), 10 A is more than enough to charge it over night with my trips. Put it on 32A once before a road trip when forgot to charge 100%. I think I will have some use of the 22 kW charger during holidays / family trips. Only a couple of times a year. It will make a difference being able to return home without charing. On the other hand with a low Soc and preconditioned battery this would probably only take a couple of minutes. Still retuning home without stopping is more comfortabel.

Fast charging: 2x Ionity, 1x Fastned, 1 x Tesla SC. All charged without issues. Fastned worked and connected best. Best infrascture and best looking chargers. Tesla worked well however the SC I used wasn't really suited for the Taycan. The only one that is really usable in Belgium is in Arlon (30 stalls, should be great for holidays), car can be parked between the chargers. For all other Belgian SC the cable is too short. Ionity worked but took 2 minutes to connect and the screen was difficult to read. I think at the end it started charging with plug and charge. By far the cheapest however.

RWS : the car is really easy to park and corners well on highway exits. Can't compare however

HUD: still glad I have it. Turned it off for a while but missed it. For ACC, current speed and speed limits

Sport chrono: glad I have the knob on the wheel. Use it for sport mode. Like the GT steering wheel. Don't use sport plus mode and individual. Maybe configure individual with normal suspension and sport engine controle.

14W seats: perfect for me, comfortable and enough support in corners like I drive. First ordered the 18W, they are supposed to be a bit less comfortable, still liked the look. Switched to 14W and no regrets. At the end you sit in the seats and don't notice them while driving. I think the looks are more a thing on the configurator than IRL.

Massage, nice to have
Seat ventilation: works well, can feel it better than in my X5, heating didn't test yet

Airconditioning: Porsche advises 22° C, and this is ok. I usually had it at 19° C in my past cars but in the Taycan this is to cold. When needed focussed ventilation gives some instant cooling without reducing the temperature.

Porsche entry: after a couple of weeks: the automatic unlocking is best for me. With the setting that the car doesn't open when approaching, you have to touch the door handle for it to deploy. This makes it less practical than just opening it with the key because then the handle is out. Kick to open the trunk works well.
I have some issues with locking. Now and then the doors open again. Looks to be primarily on the driver door. The handles an mirrors go in but come out again immediately. When pushing just a bit longer it doesn't happen.

ACC: works well, glad I have it. Installed ALK en PID with FOD. ALK installed immediately, PID took 4 weeks but came through last week. A switched off auto speed correction. Not suitable for Belgium. Too many speed changes in a short time. ALK worked better in my X5, when road sides are not detected, it followed the car in front. Porsche doesn't do this. ALK en ACC seem to be more fluent with PID. I have a 3 months free trial now. Will see how it performs during a longer road trip this summer. Don't think I will buy it. Maybe just by FOD during the holidays.

Surround view: glad I have it. Makes life easier. The rear view camera look good. Active parking support. Has additional surround view options, nice to show but no practical use. With RWS it is easy to park the car, didn't use auto park. It also includes rear traffic allert with out stop and that saved me last week. A bike approached when I backed out of a parking spot, didn't see it, fortunately the car hit the brakes for me.

Tinted, isolated windows: it is really quiet. Can't compare. One thing they have a blueish hue. Look sa bit oily / dirty compared to my past BMW's where it was just dark. The guy who detailed my car said it was normal for Porsche and Range Rover. I don't know is it is the tint or the combination with insulation. Same when parked in the sun , it looks like it has an oil film and not as dark as the glass piece between front an rear window.

Pano roof, no issues with direct sun. Like the look of the dark glas with Dolomite and the black spoiler in the back. For the roof itself, needed it for the bars. Thule Wingbar Edge fit well. Still have to try them while driving and with The Vector M box.

PCM 6: works well. Just had a black screen once while driving but it came back after it rebooted itself. Took less than a minute. Have experienced similar things with Idrive in my BMW. Had some general and map updates without issues.
CarPlay: only turn it on when I want to navigate with Tom Tom or Waze. Otherwise very time I get in the car the radio switches to apple music. I have Apple music and linked it to PCM and this works for me. Phone works good in this mode. Switching to CarPlay is really easy anyway.

Preset buttons: surround view and homelink

Matrix head light. Ordered them, couldn't get them and took PDLS plus. They work well too. Did some driving in the dark and auto dimming worked well. I thought I preferred the design of the Matrix units but you don't really see that anyway. Maybe not so bad they were canceled. I had BMW laser light before and it sometimes gave an awkward situation that the car in front was in the dark en the surrounding was really bright.

Bose: ok, no regrets

Full leather: glad I have it. First optioned basalt Olea, don't miss it, good advise from my SA. Took Dark Silver as an option and that looks good.

4 zone AC: kids like it in the back and the console it the back looks better with the screen.

2+1 seats: used it two times driving to a hockey game. Works but not for longer drives. Back seat is perfect for my 12 and 13 year old.

Last edited:

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Had an issue once that the car didn’t want to charge. Thougt it was because of the elevated suspension. At the end it was because I set a destination when parking the car and it didn’t want to charge because I could reach my destination with my current SoC. Still a design flaw because I couldn’t even override this because the direct charge button didn’t show in PCM.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Had an issue once that the car didn’t want to charge. Thougt it was because of the elevated suspension. At the end it was because I set a destination when parking the car and it didn’t want to charge because I could reach my destination with my current SoC. Still a design flaw because I couldn’t even override this because the direct charge button didn’t show in PCM.
Thats a new one! Interesting - cuold it be overridden by simply canceling the trip in Nav and/or deselecting the destination?

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thats a new one! Interesting - cuold it be overridden by simply canceling the trip in Nav and/or deselecting the destination?
Yes that is the way to solve it. Easy once your know.
Car was plugged in and gave a notice chariging complete with battery at 70 % SoC. And the button for direct charge wasn’t displayed.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Some comments after the first drives

I am really happy with my configuration and no regrets yet.

Like the look of Dolomite with contrast of the black of the wheels, window trim, panoramic roof, bars. Glad I had the wheel arches painted.

The CT4 is more than fast enough for my drive style. I don’t think the 4S would be worth the 19.000 extra for me.

I really like the way it drives. Much better than the X5 and 640d GT I had before. First Porsche great experience.

I have rear wheel steering. Like it. Turns really well. Can’t compare how it would drive without but didn’t have any problems in the underground parking. Surround view is good to have. It’s a big car.

Charging. Tried IONITY fast charging just to see if everything works. Quick connection without problems. Charging speed 100 kw but I was at 75% SOC. Had a problem with my Wallbox not wanting to charge, the car was in lift. Don’t know if that was the problem but it was charging when I set it back to normal level. Will have to try again.

Set a charger timer for 85% at 7h30 and it worked well with the Wallbox.

It’s very comfortable to drive. Very silent with the acoustic windows.

PCM 6 with colored incons works wel and is responsive. No problems with wireless CarPlay. Sometimes a little longer to connect. Didn’t have the alarm problem. I hope I have the improved sensors.

When I get in my car it connects to CarPlay and the radio switches off. This is kind of annoying. I use voice control to turn the radio back on.

I don’t have any problems with the touch screens and I am not missing the physical buttons. The touch pad function can be useful for some indications.

Homelink. Worked after the first try. Programmed it to the preset button on the dash.

HUD: I like it but like mentioned in other posts the dashboard is really close. It is of less importance than in my X5. Still glad I have it and like the design. Wouldn’t consider it essential however.

Bose: like the sound. Some playing with settings was needed.

14W seats: they are comfortable a bit firm and offer good support. I am tall and like the leg extension. Lumbar support is nice to have too. Ventilation works well, can feel it blowing air (I have read it sucks air like BMW but it feels different anyway). Used massage a couple of times and it’s nice. First wanted 18W. Dealer advised against it (less comfort)and I am happy with my decision.

Full black leather. Like the look. First ordered black Olea. Dealer said it was hard to see the difference with black. Don’t regret it.

4+1 seats: good to have for occasional drives. Had my 12 year old daughter and 2 of her friends in the back. OK for 1/2 hour but not for holidays.

ACC: works well. The control handle has some getting used to. Flashed the head lamps a couple of times in stead of decreasing speed. Might have offended the driver if front.

Ordered 3 months trial ALK and PID as FOD. ALK was installed immediately and works. Still waiting for PID.

Couldn’t figure out how to turn the ionizer on. The symbol wasn’t showing on my dash. Found out this option disappeared from my configuration during the many changes I made. So I don’t have it. Probably the least important option to forget.

I ordered the Thule roofbars. They look nice. Have to try with my Thule Vector M box but I don’t think it will be a problem. The box is gloss black. Should look good.

So really happy first Porsche owner. And this forum is a great resource for info about charging, driving etc. Helped me a lot.
Good to hear this feedback. Like you I'll be moving to a CT from a G05. How are you find the PCM vs i- drive 7 now you've had it another month? I'm torn between the 4 and 4S.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Good to hear this feedback. Like you I'll be moving to a CT from a G05. How are you find the PCM vs i- drive 7 now you've had it another month? I'm torn between the 4 and 4S.
My last 6 cars were BMW’s so I was really used to Idrive. It works well. My experience with PCM is neutral. It works. But not better than Idrive. Don’t have all the issues reported here. Only real thing is that when connected in CarPlay mode the radio switches to Apple Music when turning on the car. The rest is quite straight forward for me. Possibly the new PCM 6 also makes a difference. Don’t find it laggy. It works. Fortunately not the deal breaker I was afraid of getting after reading all posts on this forum.

HUD is a bit less fancy than Idrive but it still does the trick. Calculating a long trip takes some time but that might also have to do with defining all charging stops.

If I was living in the UK I probably would have gone for the 4S. The 4 is fine. Really powerful enough. No regrets. But for 6.5 K £ I would probably have left out 4 zone airco, active parking support and Porsche Entry, possibly massage seats and gone for the 4S. In Belgium the difference is 19 k euro and that is just to much for the differnce it makes and the times I am really able to use it. Even by leaving those options out it would still be a 15 K difference.

Stil dont understand how Porsche decided on this price in the UK.

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
My last 6 cars were BMW’s so I was really used to Idrive. It works well. My experience with PCM is neutral. It works. But not better than Idrive. Don’t have all the issues reported here. Only real thing is that when connected in CarPlay mode the radio switches to Apple Music when turning on the car. The rest is quite straight forward for me. Possibly the new PCM 6 also makes a difference. Don’t find it laggy. It works. Fortunately not the deal breaker I was afraid of getting after reading all posts on this forum.

HUD is a bit less fancy than Idrive but it still does the trick. Calculating a long trip takes some time but that might also have to do with defining all charging stops.

If I was living in the UK I probably would have gone for the 4S. The 4 is fine. Really powerful enough. No regrets. But for 6.5 K £ I would probably have left out 4 zone airco, active parking support and Porsche Entry, possibly massage seats and gone for the 4S. In Belgium the difference is 19 k euro and that is just to much for the differnce it makes and the times I am really able to use it. Even by leaving those options out it would still be a 15 K difference.

Stil dont understand how Porsche decided on this price in the UK.
Thanks, really pleased to hear you dont have all the issues others have had. Hopefully the new PCM
has dealt with most of them. I've been driving BMWs for about 30 years so was a bit nervous about moving to a laggy touch screen system. The test drives I've done have been with the older PCM. I'll miss the speed camera alerts and media selection in HUD.

Crazy pricing in Belgium for the 4S! I think I will go for it and cut back on other options. I'm trying to keep to £100k. This is my thoughts so far www.porsche-code.com/PPE8NMB2

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
And the Taycan is so more fun and refined to drive. I had RWS on my X5 too but cornering in the Taycan is way better And parking too. Although size is +/- the same for both cars.

Just a bit more difficult to get in and out. On paper 0-100 in the Taycan is half a second faster than the X5 45e, IRL it is a complete different feeling. Feels faster and more sporty. Especially electric accelerations at speed are so effortless compared to the 6 in line (beautiful sound btw).

And from that point of view you don’t need the 4S. Just don’t take one for a testdrive if you have decided itgoing to be a 4 CT. I made that mistake years ago. I was going for a used f11 520d and the dealer gave me a 525d to test which at that time was still a straight six. Couldn’t go back to 4 cylinders since.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks, really pleased to hear you dont have all the issues others have had. Hopefully the new PCM
has dealt with most of them. I've been driving BMWs for about 30 years so was a bit nervous about moving to a laggy touch screen system. The test drives I've done have been with the older PCM. I'll miss the speed camera alerts and media selection in HUD.

Crazy pricing in Belgium for the 4S! I think I will go for it and cut back on other options. I'm trying to keep to £100k. This is my thoughts so far www.porsche-code.com/PPE8NMB2
You can have media selection / playlist in the right tube on the dashboard like it is on the X5 HUD. It does the trick too. I use Apple Music on PCM and not through CarPlay. Don’t know if it makes a difference. You can scroll through the list with the wheel and select like in the BMW in the HUD. The dash is more in front of tour face anyway.

in fact you can consider your self really lucky in the UK. I think in the rest of the world the price difference is around 20k.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
And the Taycan is so more fun and refined to drive. I had RWS on my X5 too but cornering in the Taycan is way better And parking too. Although size is +/- the same for both cars.

Just a bit more difficult to get in and out. On paper 0-100 in the Taycan is half a second faster than the X5 45e, IRL it is a complete different feeling. Feels faster and more sporty. Especially electric accelerations at speed are so effortless compared to the 6 in line (beautiful sound btw).

And from that point of view you don’t need the 4S. Just don’t take one for a testdrive if you have decided itgoing to be a 4 CT. I made that mistake years ago. I was going for a used f11 520d and the dealer gave me a 525d to test which at that time was still a straight six. Couldn’t go back to 4 cylinders since.
Haha good advice but I test drove the saloon GTS on Friday so the 4S is looking favourite lol

The BMW straight six have always been superb. We have a four cylinder 220i convertible and whilst my wife loves it I wished we had got the straight 6.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
You can have media selection / playlist in the right tube on the dashboard like it is on the X5 HUD. It does the trick too. I use Apple Music on PCM and not through CarPlay. Don’t know if it makes a difference. You can scroll through the list with the wheel and select like in the BMW in the HUD. The dash is more in front of tour face anyway.

in fact you can consider your self really lucky in the UK. I think in the rest of the world the price difference is around 20k.
Ah that is good to know!

Let me know what you think of my spec when you have a spare minute, anything essential I have missed or anything I could do without, bear in mind I'm trying to stay around £100k though
Sponsored