OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks, really pleased to hear you dont have all the issues others have had. Hopefully the new PCM
has dealt with most of them. I've been driving BMWs for about 30 years so was a bit nervous about moving to a laggy touch screen system. The test drives I've done have been with the older PCM. I'll miss the speed camera alerts and media selection in HUD.

Crazy pricing in Belgium for the 4S! I think I will go for it and cut back on other options. I'm trying to keep to £100k. This is my thoughts so far www.porsche-code.com/PPE8NMB2
Nice configuration! I think I would skip the hud and go for RWS. The HUD is of less importance the Taycan than in the X5. I think I would miss RWS more than HUD. And I really liked the HUD in my past BMWs
Did you look in the Dolomite silver club thread? The silver inlays are brighter than Dolomite. I think that Vesuvius inlays look better.But that is personal.
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Nice configuration! I think I would skip the hud and go for RWS. The HUD is of less importance the Taycan than in the X5. I think I would miss RWS more than HUD. And I really liked the HUD in my past BMWs
Did you look in the Dolomite silver club thread? The silver inlays are brighter than Dolomite. I think that Vesuvius inlays look better.But that is personal.
Thanks will give RWS some thought. I'm sure I'll tweak it numerous times during thd long wait!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Some thought after one month ownership.

First of all : great machine. So nice to drive, the total experience.

The base CT 4 is fast enough for me, happy with my decision. It has enough acceleration. Tried launch control, really easy to use and gives a good push in the back. Would I have wanted a 4S? Maybe yes for 6,5 K £ in the UK but not for 20 K $ / Euro in the rest of the world. And after driving for 4 weeks: I don't have 15 K in options I would have skipped to upgrade to a less optioned 4S.

CT : didn't hit any speed bumps, parking spots, ... for me the additional hight is welcome. Didn't have to put in elevated position. Used the trunk a lot, glad I have the CT.

Range: increasing, now I am at about 420 km for 100% charge, 23,8 kWh/100 km, gradually going down. Preferred ADL drive mode is the normal comfort mode. Range is a bit more bumpy.

Renegerative braking: what a good choice Porsche designed it this way. I like the way it drives. One pedal driving makes the car restless / uncomforatable.

Home charging: I have the 22 kW option and a 22 kW 3 fase Wallbox charger. Works well. Have it on 10 A now (max 32), 10 A is more than enough to charge it over night with my trips. Put it on 32A once before a road trip when forgot to charge 100%. I think I will have some use of the 22 kW charger during holidays / family trips. Only a couple of times a year. It will make a difference being able to return home without charing. On the other hand with a low Soc and preconditioned battery this would probably only take a couple of minutes. Still retuning home without stopping is more comfortabel.

Fast charging: 2x Ionity, 1x Fastned, 1 x Tesla SC. All charged without issues. Fastned worked and connected best. Best infrascture and best looking chargers. Tesla worked well however the SC I used wasn't really suited for the Taycan. The only one that is really usable in Belgium is in Arlon (30 stalls, should be great for holidays), car can be parked between the chargers. For all other Belgian SC the cable is too short. Ionity worked but took 2 minutes to connect and the screen was difficult to read. I think at the end it started charging with plug and charge. By far the cheapest however.

RWS : the car is really easy to park and corners well on highway exits. Can't compare however

HUD: still glad I have it. Turned it off for a while but missed it. For ACC, current speed and speed limits

Sport chrono: glad I have the knob on the wheel. Use it for sport mode. Like the GT steering wheel. Don't use sport plus mode and individual. Maybe configure individual with normal suspension and sport engine controle.

14W seats: perfect for me, comfortable and enough support in corners like I drive. First ordered the 18W, they are supposed to be a bit less comfortable, still liked the look. Switched to 14W and no regrets. At the end you sit in the seats and don't notice them while driving. I think the looks are more a thing on the configurator than IRL.

Massage, nice to have
Seat ventilation: works well, can feel it better than in my X5, heating didn't test yet

Airconditioning: Porsche advises 22° C, and this is ok. I usually had it at 19° C in my past cars but in the Taycan this is to cold. When needed focussed ventilation gives some instant cooling without reducing the temperature.

Porsche entry: after a couple of weeks: the automatic unlocking is best for me. With the setting that the car doesn't open when approaching, you have to touch the door handle for it to deploy. This makes it less practical than just opening it with the key because then the handle is out. Kick to open the trunk works well.
I have some issues with locking. Now and then the doors open again. Looks to be primarily on the driver door. The handles an mirrors go in but come out again immediately. When pushing just a bit longer it doesn't happen.

ACC: works well, glad I have it. Installed ALK en PID with FOD. ALK installed immediately, PID took 4 weeks but came through last week. A switched off auto speed correction. Not suitable for Belgium. Too many speed changes in a short time. ALK worked better in my X5, when road sides are not detected, it followed the car in front. Porsche doesn't do this. ALK en ACC seem to be more fluent with PID. I have a 3 months free trial now. Will see how it performs during a longer road trip this summer. Don't think I will buy it. Maybe just by FOD during the holidays.

Surround view: glad I have it. Makes life easier. The rear view camera look good. Active parking support. Has additional surround view options, nice to show but no practical use. With RWS it is easy to park the car, didn't use auto park. It also includes rear traffic allert with out stop and that saved me last week. A bike approached when I backed out of a parking spot, didn't see it, fortunately the car hit the brakes for me.

Tinted, isolated windows: it is really quiet. Can't compare. One thing they have a blueish hue. Look sa bit oily / dirty compared to my past BMW's where it was just dark. The guy who detailed my car said it was normal for Porsche and Range Rover. I don't know is it is the tint or the combination with insulation. Same when parked in the sun , it looks like it has an oil film and not as dark as the glass piece between front an rear window.

Pano roof, no issues with direct sun. Like the look of the dark glas with Dolomite and the black spoiler in the back. For the roof itself, needed it for the bars. Thule Wingbar Edge fit well. Still have to try them while driving and with The Vector M box.

PCM 6: works well. Just had a black screen once while driving but it came back after it rebooted itself. Took less than a minute. Have experienced similar things with Idrive in my BMW. Had some general and map updates without issues.
CarPlay: only turn it on when I want to navigate with Tom Tom or Waze. Otherwise very time I get in the car the radio switches to apple music. I have Apple music and linked it to PCM and this works for me. Phone works good in this mode. Switching to CarPlay is really easy anyway.

Preset buttons: surround view and homelink

Matrix head light. Ordered them, couldn't get them and took PDLS plus. They work well too. Did some driving in the dark and auto dimming worked well. I thought I preferred the design of the Matrix units but you don't really see that anyway. Maybe not so bad they were canceled. I had BMW laser light before and it sometimes gave an awkward situation that the car in front was in the dark en the surrounding was really bright.

Bose: ok, no regrets

Full leather: glad I have it. First optioned basalt Olea, don't miss it, good advise from my SA. Took Dark Silver as an option and that looks good.

4 zone AC: kids like it in the back and the console it the back looks better with the screen.

2+1 seats: used it two times driving to a hockey game. Works but not for longer drives. Back seat is perfect for my 12 and 13 year old.
Proficiat!

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Collected my car today after the Update. I had another CT 4 for loaner for 2 days which had different options. Quite interesting to compare.

Same 20 inch wheels but with Pirelli’s I have Michelin. The Pirellis sealed to make less road noise. My car has a humming sound between 60 - 110 Km/h. Also with the loaner but less pronounced

The leather on the 18w non ventilated seats didn’t look as good as on my 14w ventilated seats. Don’t know why.

Without ventilated seats the central display looks empty.

No noise insulating glass : made a difference. My car is more quite. Absolutely necessary, probably not.

Loaner had 18W I have 14w. 18w clearly more difficult to enter but also better support in corners. Nicer for shorter trips. Longer drive the bolsters started to push on my thighs even when fully opened. Would be Nice to have a 16w seat : 14 w + bolsters for the back only. Still happy with my 14W. My wife also found the 18W uncomfortable.

Loaner doesn’t have HUD: still like the options but like mentioned before I could do without. It is nice to have the ACC setting right in front with the HUD. Quite small on the dashboard

Loaner has matrix I don’t : works really well on dark roads. Better visibility. Ordered them but had to cancel because not available. Would have liked to have them.

I have 3D surround, loaner surround view. Makes a diffenrce. 3D looks better. Really worth it? I do like the reversing assistant however.

I have RWS loaner not. The steering in my car is lighter. Roundabouts easier. Parking at my work, not as much difference as I would have expected. Difficult one. Is it really worth it. Quite expensive option. Didn’t test I tight parking garage however.

Color: gentian blue with silver window , silver bars, silver CT inlays. Not my thing. Like mine better

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have RWS loaner not. The steering in my car is lighter. Roundabouts easier. Parking at my work, not as much difference as I would have expected. Difficult one. Is it really worth it. Quite expensive option. Didn’t test I tight parking garage however.
Do you know if the loaner had Power Steering Plus? If not, might explain why it didn’t feel as light to steer.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Do you know if the loaner had Power Steering Plus? If not, might explain why it didn’t feel as light to steer.
I don’t and was know thinking that could also explain the difference. Just had a drive. My wife picked my Taycan this afternoon. It I do prefer mine compared to the loaner. The differnce in drive feel is very obvious. Roundabouts, turning at low speed is much easier.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
And something else I really missed on the loaner is porsch entry / comfort acces. It optional in Belgium, I have and really happy I do. I was not used anymore to look for the key in my pocket. After driving both the same day, RWS is worth it. So I you don’t want to spend money on RWS, don’t test drive one with the option.

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have PSP but not RAS and the steering honestly feels spot on. Don’t miss RAS at all, but also have never tried it. Could also be the fact that I’m coming from a car with a bigger turning radius than the Taycan.

As for the comfort access, I might try it through FoD one of these days.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I don’t and was know thinking that could also explain the difference. Just had a drive. My wife picked my Taycan this afternoon. It I do prefer mine compared to the loaner. The differnce in drive feel is very obvious. Roundabouts, turning at low speed is much easier.
I have PSP but not RAS and the steering honestly feels spot on. Don’t miss RAS at all, but also have never tried it. Could also be the fact that I’m coming from a car with a bigger turning radius than the Taycan.

As for the comfort access, I might try it through FoD one of these days.
Yes I don’t think you will miss it. I liked the driving too but it was different. It would have been nice to know if the loaner had PSP. I think it didn’t.

Driving both the same day, I do prefer mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I installed the trial version of PiD and ALK in may. ALK activated immediately, PiD after a month. Both showed to be activated on the My Porsche website. However were active in my car and still are. So I have been driving around for 6 months with free PID and ALK.

same for the 7 Gb data. Ordered for a month in July to try during holidays. Cancelled immediately after ordering to be sure. Got the mail clnfirming it was cancelled. However I still get 7 Gb data each months. On the site it says it is active. But it is not billed to my creditcard. Don’t know what they will do when they find out.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Maybe this one is subjective. I found the loaner to be more brisk while driving. First thought they gave me a 4S because it had the silver window trim but it wasn’t.

Had the same feeling driving my own car after the uPdate. I felt faster when accelerating from stop. Large bias, placebo effect?

For economy: it shows 340 km range on 85% charge (around 400 km for 100%). Not bad considering the outside temp is around 10 degrees

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I don’t have sport sound my self. Had it now for 2 days. Really not my thing. The electric engine sound itself is enough for my. I found the sport sound, fake, loud and disturbing. All personal off course.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don’t have sport sound my self. Had it now for 2 days. Really not my thing. The electric engine sound itself is enough for my. I found the sport sound, fake, loud and disturbing. All personal off course.
That’s strange.
You said that you don’t have sports sound … in next sentence, you have it…just as FOD?
Afaik, sports sound requires additional outside speakers.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That’s strange.
You said that you don’t have sports sound … in next sentence, you have it…just as FOD?
Afaik, sports sound requires additional outside speakers.
Sorry posting on differents threads at the same time. I had a loaner for 2 days that had the option. I don’t have it on mine. I tried it a couple of times those 2 days but personally didn’t like it.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Understood.
btw: i prefer silence, but i found sports sound useful when i wanted to be heard by animals, pedestrians, runners….especially during the night.
Sponsored