My first post (and Porsche!)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Funnily enough that was my exact reason for choosing volcano in the first place - i have clients that I know will take offense to me driving a Porsche so was trying to tone it down.

In the end I decided that I'd either park further away out of sight, take the wife's Mini to meetings where I can't hide the car or just shrug it off and if they don't buy from us then someone else will
The Porsche could get you bigger clients, not least as a great conversation starter...

I get your reservations though. I know if some of my clients found I was driving a Porsche (well, next year when it happens), they might be questioning if I overcharge them 😂 (my prices are very fair, no really).
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
i don’t understand your concerns (regarding your customers)…Porsche is Porsche…no matter what colour, it’s a Porsche.
A grey, white, black car doesn't provoke a closer look. From the corner of their eye, you've turned up in probably another mid-series beemer, audi or merc which is ok. A bold and brash colour makes them look slightly closer and realise you drive a 100k car.

In my case, that makes it difficult to befriend the client who's typically older than me, been trying to grow their business longer than me, also an owner/manager but driving a Golf or an Astra and trying spend as little as possible because it ultimately comes out their pocket so has their heckles up

(not being rude about them - that's just our typical demographic and exactly what we aim for)

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Haha or they are your typical Porsche demographic: a 50-something, wealthy married gent where either he (or his wife more likely 😉) doesn't want to go too "out there" with the colour.
not overly sure about the first bold point (if my kids keeping going at the rate they are) but the second bold point definitely. Senior Domestic Management influenced (aka chose) the Volcano Grey but on reflection I want something very different to my black 911 so I am very taken with the Mamba Green.

I’ll report back after our visit to look at the mamba Taycan tomorrow and whether I’ve grown a pair to allow me to override her 😬

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I’ll report back after our visit to look at the mamba Taycan tomorrow and whether I’ve grown a pair to allow me to override her 😬
If you manage it then we need a how-to thread on here please :CWL::giggle:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
A grey, white, black car doesn't provoke a closer look. From the corner of their eye, you've turned up in probably another mid-series beemer, audi or merc which is ok.
Good luck with that- something tells me that you may have followed a similar governance process to myself and others here, to confirm that the Taycan is the most sensible/practical choice for your needs 😁

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Haha or they are your typical Porsche demographic: a 50-something, wealthy married gent where either he (or his wife more likely 😉) doesn't want to go too "out there" with the colour.
I'm afraid I'm the doubly-annoyingly lucky git who not only (1) got their car but also (2) unwittingly chose the colour that my wife says is her favourite ever- if I didn't like it so much myself I'd likely have changed it as a statement of asserting my independence 😁 .

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I welcome every new Taycan that has a colour not on the grey scale- in my first 1600 miles I've encountered more than 10 Taycans on the roads, the majority black, the rest white/crayon/ice grey...but not a single one in what I would describe as a colour (and apparently none even in Volcano, which surprises me). I have a theory that many are owned by small businessmen who don't want to be appear too flamboyant.
Every Porsche (all models) I see is Baileys Cream. I have 3 within 300m of my house. It's the new silver.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Every Porsche (all models) I see is Baileys Cream. I have 3 within 300m of my house. It's the new silver.
That might be why Crayon is going PTS only next year.

As one of their flagship colours, they didn't want it to turn into the new Nardo Grey.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Welcome. I picked up my tedious Crayon Grey RWD saloon last week after an almost eternal 14 month wait. Whatever colour floats your boat its a great car and worth the wait.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
A grey, white, black car doesn't provoke a closer look. From the corner of their eye, you've turned up in probably another mid-series beemer, audi or merc which is ok. A bold and brash colour makes them look slightly closer and realise you drive a 100k car.
The lines of Taycan are so different that i’d take a closer look no matter of colour.
i’m seeing black and gentian blue on my daily route, and i recognize them because of front lights….

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Now, when yoummentioned Baileys cream…that reminds me on my coffe-beige :giggle:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
i don’t understand your concerns (regarding your customers)…Porsche is Porsche…no matter what colour, it’s a Porsche.
......and right on queue, I turn up at a clients today in my 'under the radar' Ice Grey Taycan, only for him to say 'your fees must be too high to pay for that shiny new Porsche'

I may as well have gone for red or green. 🤣

I then launched into the low cost of owning and running an EV and finished with........

'for someone like me, the bottom line is you can't really afford not to have one'

😆

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am on the fence with Crayon to be honest, it looks amazing in the photos but I don't know if I could live with having such a lovely car with a subdued colour choice... Not a criticism of those who choose black/grey/white/beige for the Taycan, but just my opinion.

Also, I'm in my early 30s so maybe I'm still allowed to be a bit loud with my colour choices? My colleagues would say that of my "fashion" choices haha 😅
Sponsored