My Taycan 4S Spec

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all

New member in NorCal here, current Tesla Model S owner. Just put down a deposit last week on the following spec and would love your feedback. I've ranked my options in order of importance & listed some at the end which I did not include. I've prioritized features over looks. I could have done a few upgrades which would make the car look nicer but it just felt a bit over indulgent (to me) of paying tens of thousands for things that look nice.

Taycan 4S
Limestine beige standard interior (paying 4k for leather throughout the cabin seemed excessive to me)
Volcano grey - wondering if I should change this to black or even white
Standard aero S wheels - the 21" wheels look great but range is more important to me & also, paying 8k for the wheels and painted calipers doesnt seem like great value). Saw someone had wrapped the wheel partially in black and it looked great, so I would probably do something like this

Must have options :
Premium Package
Performance Battery

Desirable:
Adaptive cruise control
Folding mirrors
High gloss black window trim

Nice to have:
Porsche electric sports sound
Power charge port cover
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger - I did read that there are very few of these but since this infrastructure is changing & will probably improve resale, thought it was worthwhile

Considered but did not order:
Under door puddle light projectors - looks pretty cool but maybe not worth paying for
Massage seats
Mobile charger connect
Active lane keep
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have standard limestone beige. I think it’s fine.

There are 20” wheel options that look better than the 19” and aren’t near as expensive as the 21”. But if you like the 19”, keep them.

Massage seats are worth it if you like massages. I’m not a massage person so I never turn them on. My wife has them on all of the time.

Mobile Charger Connect is a waste of money in US. The car comes with a 9.6kW EVSE standard already (Mobile Charger Plus). You’re basically just paying more for WiFi, different interface, and an optionally slightly longer vehicle cable (25’ vs 14.75’). But for the cost, you can just get a better 3rd party EVSE. You may already have everything you need coming from a Tesla anyway.

Not on your list:

Wheel center caps come in monochrome standard. If you want color Porsche crests, that’s an option. I think the colored crests look nicer.

Porsche crests on the head rests is an inexpensive option that adds to the car. And you can see them really well on the beige.

The door sills are a silvery aluminum color. Brushed black aluminum is a free option that many people prefer.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have standard limestone beige. I think it’s fine.

There are 20” wheel options that look better than the 19” and aren’t near as expensive as the 21”. But if you like the 19”, keep them.

Massage seats are worth it if you like massages. I’m not a massage person so I never turn them on. My wife has them on all of the time.

Mobile Charger Connect is a waste of money in US. The car comes with a 9.6kW EVSE standard already (Mobile Charger Plus). You’re basically just paying more for WiFi, different interface, and an optionally slightly longer vehicle cable (25’ vs 14.75’). But for the cost, you can just get a better 3rd party EVSE. You may already have everything you need coming from a Tesla anyway.

Not on your list:

Wheel center caps come in monochrome standard. If you want color Porsche crests, that’s an option. I think the colored crests look nicer.

Porsche crests on the head rests is an inexpensive option that adds to the car. And you can see them really well on the beige.

The door sills are a silvery aluminum color. Brushed black aluminum is a free option that many people prefer.
Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the 20" wheels at the dealership and they are definitely nicer. I think I can get a nice effect with the partial black wrap but I am still on the fence.

In regards to Mobile Connect, the only reason I was considering it (and I have not even looked into it in detail) is perhaps more flexibility with charging schedules. The setup to charge to take advantage of reduced charging at midnight seems a little convoluted.

I think your three suggested options are great & I will likely add these in!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
FYI

Colored wheel caps:
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec E9405C95-F7D4-485D-B547-2A420DEFCCAD

Door sill when NOT in black (I missed It):
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec 7321972F-EC06-4F34-8E8A-510247F52B43

Headrest crests beige:
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec CD06EEE4-312A-41F5-B916-26273FEAC373

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all

New member in NorCal here, current Tesla Model S owner. Just put down a deposit last week on the following spec and would love your feedback. I've ranked my options in order of importance & listed some at the end which I did not include. I've prioritized features over looks. I could have done a few upgrades which would make the car look nicer but it just felt a bit over indulgent (to me) of paying tens of thousands for things that look nice.

Taycan 4S
Limestine beige standard interior (paying 4k for leather throughout the cabin seemed excessive to me)
Volcano grey - wondering if I should change this to black or even white
Standard aero S wheels - the 21" wheels look great but range is more important to me & also, paying 8k for the wheels and painted calipers doesnt seem like great value). Saw someone had wrapped the wheel partially in black and it looked great, so I would probably do something like this

Must have options :
Premium Package
Performance Battery

Desirable:
Adaptive cruise control
Folding mirrors
High gloss black window trim

Nice to have:
Porsche electric sports sound
Power charge port cover
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger - I did read that there are very few of these but since this infrastructure is changing & will probably improve resale, thought it was worthwhile

Considered but did not order:
Under door puddle light projectors - looks pretty cool but maybe not worth paying for
Massage seats
Mobile charger connect
Active lane keep
Welcome to the forum! You'll find the info you glean here to be invaluable.

I was literally in your shoes last December when I ordered my Taycan 4S and like you I was transitioning from a Tesla Model S.

I thought long and hard about my configuration and went like this:

Cherry Metallic
Standard Interior in Black/ Limestone Beige
20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Night Vision Assist
Interior Accents in Neodyme
Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh)
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger
Head-Up Display
Mobile Charger Connect
Ionizer
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Storage Package
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass

Premium Package: (required, IMHO)
LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Surround View
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Performance Package: (required IMHO)
Rear Axle Steering
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)

-------------

After eight long months, a gestation period nearly equal to that of an elephant, my Taycan finally arrived at the the dealer just over a week ago. I'll be picking it up tomorrow after the service department performs some required software upgrades, so I can't speak with any experience to my choice of options. That said, it's a Porsche--a performance sports car, so I was committed to maximizing the sportiness of the car.

I agree with some on the forum who say not to get the Mobile Charger Connect. It is a waste of money and as a Tesla owner you can use your existing Tesla wall charger with this adapter, which is also handy should you take any road trips and need to use a Tesla Destination Charger. To be clear, this is not compatible with Tesla Superchargers:

http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=160

Here's a few pics:

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec 9E1F7CEB-CD91-48E1-BDB6-B57792ADD341

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec 56B1754B-BF9B-4075-8E56-E6EE97C37779

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S Spec 15EA4863-E096-4FFB-BC44-9E8BA575F9AA

Last edited:

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! You'll find the info you glean here to be invaluable.

I was literally in your shoes last December when I ordered my Taycan 4S and like you I was transitioning from a Tesla Model S.

I thought long and hard about my configuration and went like this:

Cherry Metallic
Standard Interior in Black/ Limestone Beige
20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
Night Vision Assist
Interior Accents in Neodyme
Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh)
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger
Head-Up Display
Mobile Charger Connect
Ionizer
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Storage Package
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass

Premium Package: (required, IMHO)
LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Surround View
BOSE® Surround Sound System

Performance Package: (required IMHO)
Rear Axle Steering
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)

-------------

After eight long months, a gestation period nearly equal to that of an elephant, my Taycan finally arrived at the the dealer just over a week ago. I'll be picking it up tomorrow after the service department performs some required software upgrades, so I can't speak with any experience to my choice of options. That said, it's a Porsche--a performance sports car, so I was committed to maximizing the sportiness of the car.

I agree with some on the forum who say not to get the Mobile Charger Connect. It is a waste of money and as a Tesla owner you can use your existing Tesla wall charger with this adapter, which is also handy should you take any road trips and need to use a Tesla Destination Charger. To be clear, this is not compatible with Tesla Superchargers:

http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=160

Here's a few pics:

9E1F7CEB-CD91-48E1-BDB6-B57792ADD341.jpeg

56B1754B-BF9B-4075-8E56-E6EE97C37779.jpeg

15EA4863-E096-4FFB-BC44-9E8BA575F9AA.jpeg
Beautiful car! I didn't realize initially that the car comes with leather seats and front heated seats as standard so I was initially planning to order leather and front/rear heated seats. I rarely have anyone in the back of my car so have a low priority on spending any money on comfort for rear passengers. Was the same with the Tesla and, as you know, the Taycan is comparatively smaller at the back so even less chance of passengers :)

Thank you for posting your spec, very helpful.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Based on some further browsing, the things I am missing that I am now considering adding (I’ve already added the 3 suggestions above):

- Rear wheel steering
- Sports chrono package
- neodyne or dark silver interior highlights
- puddle lights

An extra 4K roughly before taxes. Would love to hear what others think.

Seems like a lot of people love the rear wheel steer. I live out in the burbs so don’t need to do a ton of tight city driving.

This is my first Porsche so I’m not familiar with sports chrono and my sales rep said it’s not essential though it seems to be very popular in this forum.

The other two are obviously aesthetics and fairly low cost compared to other aesthetic options.
Sponsored