zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Love my chalk/black interior with neodyme trim!

085F48C4-0BC9-42F5-877E-C586773B627D.jpeg

3FE9C151-F38F-475A-BA00-5773AAB71DEB.jpeg

10481D05-FDD2-4767-BE4F-1D304A97CD03.jpeg
hi, May I ask what’s the car mount you are using with the magsafe attachment for charging? What’s the brand and where did you get it? Thx.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
hi, May I ask what’s the car mount you are using with the magsafe attachment for charging? What’s the brand and where did you get it? Thx.
Got it here: https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/dashboard-mounts/porsche-taycan/2022
That’s the base and then you choose your preferred holder, obviously I chose the MagSafe option.
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/iphone-holder-with-device-support-for-magsafe-charger (I have an iPhone 12 plus). I’m very happy with the base and the holder. Very easy and convenient.

Cluon80

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz GLE
Country flag
I'm like you. I first went for the 4S but ended up adding $40K of options. Then switched to the GTS and had to add only $20K of options to keep the car similar. So, went for the GTS instead.

I had to spec the interior to to leather because i read reviews that the Racetex isn't that comfortable in summer (seats get hot and clumpy - sweaty legs if you're in shorts) and on the steering wheel after a few years (sweaty hands will wear 'em out more than leather).

I was abit worried about the ride quality but just told myself i need to be ready for a stiffer ride vs a 4S. Recent GTS reviews seem to think they are ok...

here's my build. deciding between Frozen Blue or Gentian Blue now.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I test drove a CT 4S. I was really looking for a comfortable quiet car with a good turn of speed when I wanted. It filled the bill perfectly. I had been considering a Bentley before.
The GTS with less suspension travel and more sporty suspension setting will surely suit plenty of customers but it wasn't what I want at all.

I don't like the plastic wheel-arch trim but other than that the 4S CT is a perfect ride/handling compromise for Oxfordshire roads in "normal" and then has two more sporty settings :).
It is very wide, which did give me pause for thought over the wisdom of a car this big around here but definitely 4S for me, I wouldn't choose the GTS even if it were cheaper than the 4S.

Colour is extremely personal, but I would say when I had a black car it looked like I was neglecting it the day after it was washed during winter.
Silver is the best for not showing road dirt too badly IME.

I am bored by the plethora of monochrome "colours" on the road these days and the ubiquitous black interiors.
I do like the black/chalk beige since it has the least black of all the two tone interiors - the others are basically black interiors with coloured seat facings and the odd strip of colour.

My choice is Mamba/Blackberry, since it is definitely a colour and there is almost no black anywhere inside :)
Totally agree re rationale here - and whilst I will be going to some degree towards a GTS look in painting my fenders the body color and adding a CETE system to have total control of ride height (both rel. cheap upgrades imo), I actually really like having the extra optional ride height and gravel mode options in the CT - clear differentiator to the GTS. Nothing wrong with either choice of course but depends on buyer's expectations and needs.

In regards color, indeed very personal - I'm into the grey and the Bordeaux red def takes the edge off of surrounding black elements for me :)

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s spec vs GTS IMG_4697

Apologies for crappy sun drenched pic - edited the hue slightly here a little to better represent the true color when inside - many pics over expose the red and make it far too bright compared to reality - still not perfect but closer:
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s spec vs GTS IMG_4670

OP
OP

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
I'm like you. I first went for the 4S but ended up adding $40K of options. Then switched to the GTS and had to add only $20K of options to keep the car similar. So, went for the GTS instead.

I had to spec the interior to to leather because i read reviews that the Racetex isn't that comfortable in summer (seats get hot and clumpy - sweaty legs if you're in shorts) and on the steering wheel after a few years (sweaty hands will wear 'em out more than leather).

I was abit worried about the ride quality but just told myself i need to be ready for a stiffer ride vs a 4S. Recent GTS reviews seem to think they are ok...

here's my build. deciding between Frozen Blue or Gentian Blue now.
I was planning on getting racetex steering wheel regardless of 4s or gts; is it quite common for it to wear out faster than leather?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
My choice is Mamba/Blackberry, since it is definitely a colour and there is almost no black anywhere inside :)

that’s the same as what my 4 year old son wants us to get so he can call it Hulk

told him I certainly won’t be smashing it!!!?

that will look nice btw

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
is delivery date roughly the same? I was in the same situation, and both models have similar (estimated) delivery. I pulled the trigger and went with GTS.
Another reason I went GTS is that for CT I was quoted August/September but for GTS April. This was due to my local dealer having many orders in for CT, but I was no 4 for GTS.
We'll see how accurate the estimates are...
Sponsored