Need some help picking an exterior color (Neptune Blue or Volcano Grey)

mxnsith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp
Country flag
Hello folks. I have my order in on a CT with an allocation in Jan so I have plenty of time to decide on a final configuration. I realize color is subjective but still looking for opinions.

I can't decide if Volcano Grey is too dark. I saw a Maycan this weekend parked next to me after a round of golf and it looked almost black. I looked up the color through it's VIN as the owner was not around. Is Volcano Grey really that dark or was my research incorrect?

I saw a Taycan Turbo S in Neptune Blue at my local dealership and thought the color was fantastic, but it was indoors so I have not seen it outside.

I will visit the dealer this week in hopes of comparing paint samples side by side but not sure if they have Neptune Blue on had. We shall see.

Total first world problem!

Edit: After visiting our local dealer, looking at paint samples, we went with Mamba Green!
Sponsored

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Volcano Gray is not as dark as it appears on the configurator. It's definitely gray, not near-black. I'd recommend trying to see it live - sounds like you may have done that with the Macan. However if what you saw is almost black, I'd wonder if Volcano Gray on Macan is different color than on Taycan. That wouldn't make sense, but you never know...

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Grey is boring and the Taycan is not a boring car. Get the Neptune car. I have Neptune and it’s amazing. Gets massive complements and shows the cool lines of the Taycan much better.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello folks. I have my order in on a CT with an allocation in Jan so I have plenty of time to decide on a final configuration. I realize color is subjective but still looking for opinions.

I can't decide if Volcano Grey is too dark. I saw a Maycan this weekend parked next to me after a round of golf and it looked almost black. I looked up the color through it's VIN as the owner was not around. Is Volcano Grey really that dark or was my research incorrect?

I saw a Taycan Turbo S in Neptune Blue at my local dealership and thought the color was fantastic, but it was indoors so I have not seen it outside.

I will visit the dealer this week in hopes of comparing paint samples side by side but not sure if they have Neptune Blue on had. We shall see.

Total first world problem!

Edit: After visiting our local dealer, looking at paint samples, we went with Mamba Green!
Volcano is a definite grey as mentioned and looks more agate in colour on the configurator which isn't helpful at all.

Neptune has a hefty price premium if that's a consideration.

Your dealer will have accurate colour samples to look at if no a stock vehicle in either colour.

Personally, I'd go Volcano but I'm biased.

Dazzler123

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4s
Country flag
Here’s mine - in Ice grey metallic. I love the colour. I’ve had a couple of Porsche’s in volcano and I’m a bit over it as a colour. I pushed the boat out a bit with this choice, but I am so glad I did.

Porsche Taycan Need some help picking an exterior color (Neptune Blue or Volcano Grey) 8C0A0B9B-281B-45D7-839A-5B785969E4B1

Porsche Taycan Need some help picking an exterior color (Neptune Blue or Volcano Grey) F0BC750C-0125-47BD-918C-119DED384FDC

Porsche Taycan Need some help picking an exterior color (Neptune Blue or Volcano Grey) 286FACE5-990A-429A-8C02-50ED8F079B60

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I was set on Volcano Grey after ordering mine…and saw it in person and it looked nice, albeit pretty blah for such a cutting edge, paradigm changing Porsche (and current Audi already dark grey)… I hadn’t even considered Neptune, and then saw it in person and something about it really struck me, and it looked great with gloss black mission Es.
I came close to choosing that color, but I worried the flat paint aspect of it wouldn’t be as exciting in the long term as a metallic option (different looks in different lights). In the end once queued in on Ice Grey Metallic, it ticked my boxes and I went for it. I still think Neptune is a fantastic choice and would choose it over Volcano for a Taycan! ??‍♂
Sponsored