bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone with this new icon on the PCM? Lower left corner. It looks like auto parking? Direct charging is no on the screen as an option (wasn't selectable on DC charging). Main screen on a spinning circle for while - updating I guest.
Porsche Taycan New car firmware? 9DF83B6E-FA7B-48E6-93E1-816FEE111B88
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Anyone with this new icon on the PCM? Lower left corner. It looks like auto parking? Direct charging is no on the screen as an option (wasn't selectable on DC charging). Main screen on a spinning circle for while - updating I guest.
9DF83B6E-FA7B-48E6-93E1-816FEE111B88.jpeg
Andy, upon reading your message I went to my car and saw the same center consul as your image and spinning icon on the the upper middle display. Went in the house to get my phone/camera to document also grabbed my car keys. When I returned to the car, 30 seconds the radio was on without me or the key. I started the vehicle and all screens returned to normal. I checked the databases and information pages all stating that my vehicle is current with all updates. Not certain what was going on. The car was not plugged in to charge.

Porsche Taycan New car firmware? 3C8729B0-FD6E-484B-983A-D10CBD4B01C0

Last edited:
OP
OP
bosch88

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My screen went back to the same (no active parking assist icon)... after I started the car after charging.. I guess it was either a bug when they are updating the OTA firmware... or loading some future FOD items in the background to be offered later???.. too bad, I was all excited to try out the active parking assist....

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I managed to record a video showing the same icon but as soon as I started the car it disappeared. My main screen loaded immediately, so no spinner. i dont think i have ever seen this icon in the lower left.

i have a June 2020 Taycan Turbo with the 3D surround view and comfort access as standard options. Not sure if that means anything.

Anyway, it disappeared after i switched on the car.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Same here - when turning on the car, the icon changes back
(MY2021 - Production date 26.nov.2020)
Porsche Taycan New car firmware? 8CF1E45A-A8D2-462E-9577-629ADAE04C7D

Porsche Taycan New car firmware? 6EF395C8-F07B-4DD3-BF8C-AD6060938AD3

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that icon before or knows what it stands for? I am not familiar with it, but that is also not the place I look first when I get in the car.

OP
OP
bosch88

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Active parking assist. There is a video (YouTube) of a Taycan self parking. That’s the icon.

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Will the park assist be a FoD? If so, any necessary configuration items?

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Active parking assist. There is a video (YouTube) of a Taycan self parking. That’s the icon.

Unless you are totally useless at parking, I think the number of key clicks required and the general time it takes for the car to auto-park, would have resulted in me taking over the whole procedure...

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless you are totally useless at parking, I think the number of key clicks required and the general time it takes for the car to auto-park, would have resulted in me taking over the whole procedure...
i agree with you but then again my wife’s parallel parking skills can great benefit from this. She seems pretty excited about no more rim scratches.

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Well, our Taycan doesn't have a backup camera or 360-degree function so we don't have that camera icon in the down left corner. In our car, it's always this (see below) icon. Also when driving, starting, without the car turned on and so on...
So maybe your cars only had a bug showing the wrong icon.
Porsche Taycan New car firmware? Schermafbeelding 2020-12-28 om 16.21.33

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well, our Taycan doesn't have a backup camera or 360-degree function so we don't have that camera icon in the down left corner. In our car, it's always this (see below) icon. Also when driving, starting, without the car turned on and so on...
So maybe your cars only had a bug showing the wrong icon.
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-28 om 16.21.33.png
Think it can be steering wheel lock activated?

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Think it can be steering wheel lock activated?
Don't think so. If you tap on it, the parking assist (visual sensors and beeps) turn on and show on the screen. So it (de)activates the parking assist.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Very strange. I had a similar thing happen a couple of minutes ago. My car was off and closed in the garage and I needed to drop a fresh insurance ID card in the glove compartment. I unlocked the car and opened the passenger door but did not press the On/Off button on the dash since the car did not need to be activated. Twenty seconds later - while I was sorting the paperwork in the glove compartment - the car radio (SiriusXM actually) all of a sudden started to play and the lower central screen woke up with the SteeringWheel+P icon in the lower left hand corner where the SurroundView/Parking icon usually is. I never saw or at least noticed it before. Pressing that SteeringWheel+P icon changed it into the usual SurroundView/Parking one. The radio kept on playing without the main display in front of the driver waking up. It continued to show the "Taycan" lettering. Attempts to shut off the radio and the displays by pressing the On/Off button failed to shut down either the radio or the displays. I had to get out of the car and close it with the keyfob to get everything shut off. Bizarre.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Frank,
Just like my experience from earlier in this thread.
You may want to get in your car and start it. When I got in my car this morning the car ran an update for about 2 minutes on the glare shield center display.
Sponsored