New here and about to order...

Switz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Country flag
£705 for a 4S over 4 years at 10k miles! Fully maintained & ensured?
Sounds superb!
It's over 2yrs - they never do more than that for some reason. Fully maintained, tyres, servicing, insured for my wife and I. No deposit. Just a long wait I guess for delivery.

Switz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Country flag
I have spent a few weeks now researching schemes for work and doing some due-diligence and so i'm in a much better position now on EV SS schemes than I was before!

In a nutshell there are many personal factors that influence the pricing through a SS scheme, to name a few:
- Salary tax band
- DOB and post code (for the built-in insurance)
- Employer setup - by this I mean whether the employer opts to put money into the scheme to make it cheaper for employees. Employers (mostly) can claim back VAT on payments and choose to pass it on, they also can choose to pass on NI contributions as well - both make it cheaper for the employee.
*Edit* - Also pension, this one is not clear to me yet, but I believe if someone's pension is not salary sacrifice also, as the Car SS Scheme reduces your gross salary then your pension contributions would reduce also. Means net take home would be less but your pension pot suffers.

£675 on one for 10k mpa over 2yrs suggests to me that you earn over £100k, live in a insurance friendly area and your employer is putting both claimed VAT and NI savings back into scheme to benefit employees. Basically that is dirt cheap!

Zenith wouldn't meet with us as they said we would need a min of 3k employees, but I have met with Tusker, Octopus, LoveElectric, ElectricCarScheme and WeeVee to assess them.

From what I have seen the equivalent best quote compared to yours is around £950 for 10k mpa over 24 months. But as I said it's dependant on the above factors, hence the dirt cheap comment.

Good point re pension - mine is as you say - taken as SS therefore no impact. Think its known as a 'smart' pension. But if you have a DC pension then this could have an impact.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
It's over 2yrs - they never do more than that for some reason. Fully maintained, tyres, servicing, insured for my wife and I. No deposit. Just a long wait I guess for delivery.
Superb,

I’m not a million miles from that over 4 years once I consider the net cost due SS, so great deal.

The wait is a killer, but I keep being told worth it!!
??

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Good point re pension - mine is as you say - taken as SS therefore no impact. Think its known as a 'smart' pension. But if you have a DC pension then this could have an impact.
Yeah i'm meeting with pension guru Monday to find out - it's not clear yet on the impact for the 3 x different pension options we run so need to find out.

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Interestingly I see the 4S Sport Turismo is now configurable....

Am I right that the only differences are the cosmetic ones, ride height and also performance battery an option on the ST?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interestingly I see the 4S Sport Turismo is now configurable....

Am I right that the only differences are the cosmetic ones, ride height and also performance battery an option on the ST?
Yes - same physical car (better looking IMHO). You will need the PB+ (no clue why it isn't standard given it is on the CT).

Note that you won't get the 'Gravel' mode for soft-roading.

What to do is to print off the standard spec from the Configurator of both the CT and ST model you are interested in to compare specs before adding but you should see they are identical apart from what has been mentioned here.
Sponsored