DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It definitely get noticed. No blending in, in this colour. Yes that the free option Grey interior, must say we were so pleased we chose that colour over the Black, it lightens up the interior so much. Only additional thing I’d go for next time is the extended leather for the dash.
Sponsored

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
It definitely get noticed. No blending in, in this colour. Yes that the free option Grey interior, must say we were so pleased we chose that colour over the Black, it lightens up the interior so much. Only additional thing I’d go for next time is the extended leather for the dash.
Looks very cool. I have gone for the standard interior too. I originay ordered slate grey, but then changed to black, but have white exterior, so I wanted the contrast. Looking forward to how it all looks on Friday. Have fun with your new car...!

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Big day tomorrow @MarkR , enjoy! Looking forward to the pics.

My car is in the UK now, thankfully.
Thanks @gramorris. Looking forward to it. Heading down with the family to collect it, got about an hour or so to drive back, so this will give me a chance to see how it drives. Glad to hear yours had made it now. Hopefully you will get it in time for Christmas.🤞

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Hi @Matt W and @senwar how are you finding your respective new cars? Hopefully making the most of that new car feel!
Very impressed. Love the drive and the feel and it just looks so good.

not had a long drive yet (most 30 miles) but heading on a 150 mile round trip Saturday and looking forward to it.

Didn’t enjoy scraping an alloy after only 8 days, but had it repaired today. Haven’t checked it yet and also nervous that pulling over for a bus some twigs/branches caught the wheel so darent look lol. Range could be better but getting it this time of year was to be expected. Also found myself really nervous driving at times but I live in a rural village with thin lanes!

But overall really like it.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you! Enjoy.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Very impressed. Love the drive and the feel and it just looks so good.

not had a long drive yet (most 30 miles) but heading on a 150 mile round trip Saturday and looking forward to it.

Didn’t enjoy scraping an alloy after only 8 days, but had it repaired today. Haven’t checked it yet and also nervous that pulling over for a bus some twigs/branches caught the wheel so darent look lol. Range could be better but getting it this time of year was to be expected. Also found myself really nervous driving at times but I live in a rural village with thin lanes!

But overall really like it.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you! Enjoy.
I have to say, they are still a head turning car. Looking forward to seeing my new one. I bet your heart sank when you kerbed it, but I understand that the repairs that the workshops do is really good. I hope this is the case for you. Enjoy the long trip at the weekend. I am planning one soon too, so will be giving mine a proper run. 👍

Last edited:

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Amazing thanks, I find the pictures never really do them justice and they look better in person. I did not realise how many comments I’d get and enjoy every drive. A couple of pointers over what others have said.

1) Check to see if you have a charging case/bag. I did not get one and was told the cases are not provided anymore as you get (in a ct anyway) a polystyrene mould in the bottom section of the boot to hold it in place. The cases are. £100 to buy on eBay, and I’ve seen other people with cases before and after collection of mine.
2)Regen braking kicks in around 800 miles and does help improve range. I’m now seeing 225 miles full charge (extrapolated) on 21 wheels. This is driving conservatively with the odd ‘sport’.
3) Not sure what headlights you have, Ive got the pdls+ and they amazing, the auto function is so good. God knows what the top spec ones are like.
4) I have compared Porsche directions to gmaps (via CarPlay). Personally I think gmaps is better generally. I don’t charge outside of home much so not a problem with pre conditioning battery for stops.
5)Charging.. lots of discussion on this. Everyone with different chargers and needs. Personally I’m on the OI tariff and have all car profiles/timers off and use my Zappi to control the charging now and it has worked perfectly for the last week. The Porsche system is clearly very clever, but i cant help think overly complicated.
6)Porsche Connect - has a lot of down time. If your car won’t connect remotely, don’t assume it’s the car. People always post if it’s down which is really handy.
7) Check manuals in glove box, locking wheel nut in frunk.
8) Have a copy of your options (especially if you have a load of them) to hand so you can tick them all off. I forgot to do this, but they were all on the car.

Have a great day collecting, pics later..

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Amazing thanks, I find the pictures never really do them justice and they look better in person. I did not realise how many comments I’d get and enjoy every drive. A couple of pointers over what others have said.

1) Check to see if you have a charging case/bag. I did not get one and was told the cases are not provided anymore as you get (in a ct anyway) a polystyrene mould in the bottom section of the boot to hold it in place. The cases are. £100 to buy on eBay, and I’ve seen other people with cases before and after collection of mine.
2)Regen braking kicks in around 800 miles and does help improve range. I’m now seeing 225 miles full charge (extrapolated) on 21 wheels. This is driving conservatively with the odd ‘sport’.
3) Not sure what headlights you have, Ive got the pdls+ and they amazing, the auto function is so good. God knows what the top spec ones are like.
4) I have compared Porsche directions to gmaps (via CarPlay). Personally I think gmaps is better generally. I don’t charge outside of home much so not a problem with pre conditioning battery for stops.
5)Charging.. lots of discussion on this. Everyone with different chargers and needs. Personally I’m on the OI tariff and have all car profiles/timers off and use my Zappi to control the charging now and it has worked perfectly for the last week. The Porsche system is clearly very clever, but i cant help think overly complicated.
6)Porsche Connect - has a lot of down time. If your car won’t connect remotely, don’t assume it’s the car. People always post if it’s down which is really handy.
7) Check manuals in glove box, locking wheel nut in frunk.
8) Have a copy of your options (especially if you have a load of them) to hand so you can tick them all off. I forgot to do this, but they were all on the car.

Have a great day collecting, pics later..
Thanks for your feedback and pointers Matt, really helpful. Really pleased to hear you are enjoying it. Roll on this afternoon for when I collect mine. Will post some pics once I have it.👍

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
enjoy the collection @MarkR.. the sun is shining in south London for you!

as Matt says, the pictures don't do it justice!
Thanks Jin. Can't wait...! I hope the weather stays nice. I am collecting at about 4.30pm, so it will be dark, but I am looking forward to seeing it in the daylight tomorrow...👍

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thanks Jin. Can't wait...! I hope the weather stays nice. I am collecting at about 4.30pm, so it will be dark, but I am looking forward to seeing it in the daylight tomorrow...👍
I can't remember Mark, are you picking up from South London?

- Edit, it's East London. I was gonna ask you to keep an eye out for a transporter as my car's come back online today :CWL:

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great to see some of the long-time waiters getting in their cars!

Pictures are looking FAB!!!!

My car is currently stuck at Grimsby and has been for over a week, not sure why but dealer (Wilmslow) expects it in on Monday and then the lease firm want them to keep it 2 weeks before its delivered, again not sure why and will try to chase along.

So looking at end of month delivery - all in all c.12 months from order to delivery (fingers crossed!)