Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I took my car into service because I had squeaky drivers seat and apparently it is a common problem. I was told there was also a major software update that would require 2 weeks. My service manager told me it would update almost every module in the car and get it ready for true OTA updates in the future. Apple CarPlay would also work much better and take up the full screen rather than having those 2 bars on the side
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I took my car into service because I had squeaky drivers seat and apparently it is a common problem. I was told there was also a major software update that would require 2 weeks. My service manager told me it would update almost every module in the car and get it ready for true OTA updates in the future. Apple CarPlay would also work much better and take up the full screen rather than having those 2 bars on the side
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/latest-taycan-software-update-findings-and-reviews-thread.11991

Reactions: B61

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Did they say why it would require 2 weeks? Most people are getting it done in a day or two.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Did they say why it would require 2 weeks? Most people are getting it done in a day or two.
Yeah they said because there are many Taycans in front of me and they are currently short on technicians.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My dealer had the car a week. Didn’t start till 3 1/2 days in. Due to cars ahead of mine. Get a loaner.

Deleted member 7736

Yeah they said because there are many Taycans in front of me and they are currently short on technicians.
I don't understand this. Make an appointment and bring the car in when it's your turn. Not sure why they need to have your car sitting there "waiting in line" for an update for weeks when you could be driving it around while they update the cars that are ahead of you in line. My car was in for two days for the SW update. This is just basic scheduling. If your dealer won't/can't do this, find another dealer.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't understand this. Make an appointment and bring the car in when it's your turn. Not sure why they need to have your car sitting there "waiting in line" for an update for weeks when you could be driving it around while they update the cars that are ahead of you in line. My car was in for two days for the SW update. This is just basic scheduling. If your dealer won't/can't do this, find another dealer.
They said its because they keep a queue and you would have to wait much longer if you schedule later. But yeah I havent contacted any other dealers yet.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They said its because they keep a queue and you would have to wait much longer if you schedule later. But yeah I havent contacted any other dealers yet.
sounds like it's time for a different dealer opinion. you're in LA, there's like 10

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Tell them that makes perfect sense.
It's why you drop your kids off at school on Saturday morning, ready for lessons on Monday.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
In August I scheduled my update for Sept 20. On my scheduled day I dropped my car off at 7:30am and it was done by 3pm. Four recalls were done in that visit.

If a dealer quoted you 2 weeks, find another dealer to perform the service.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Mine has been with the dealer for 3 days now, update not loading so I am being told. Got given a Macan S loaner, drove out of the dealer, round the roundabout and back again, called a Taxi………awful thing.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Mine has been with the dealer for 3 days now, update not loading so I am being told. Got given a Macan S loaner, drove out of the dealer, round the roundabout and back again, called a Taxi………awful thing.
I used to like Macans but, after driving my Taycan for 18 months, ICE cars are feeling primitive. My Macan loaner went into the garage and never left until I returned it.

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
My dealer said it would take a maximum of two days. They will sort out a dealer as well.
Sponsored