AmpedUp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Is it just me, or are there some new options available in the configurator? I'm in the U.S., and I'm seeing the following, which I don't remember seeing previously:

1) Bespoke Decal Set
2) Dashboard End Trims in Leather (edit: found out from my dealer this will only be available starting with December builds)
3) Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE)

The most substantial new option is #3, unless I have a bad memory and these options have been there all along?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

AmpedUp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of course they don't show anything in the photo!!!

Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE)

Porsche Taycan New Options Added??? detail_CAHY_l_0

Comprises two high-resolution and anti-glare 10.1-inch touchscreen displays (resolution: 1920 ×1080 pixels) mounted on the backrests of the front seats and two wireless Bluetooth® over ear headphones.
Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) displays can be tilted.

Use in the vehicle:
  • Playback of Smart Device app content (e.g. movies) on the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment system via Apple® AirPlay, GOOGLE® Chromecast, screen mirroring, (e.g. Samsung® Smart View or Apple® Screen Mirroring)
  • Requirements: Smart Device with at least iOS 12®or Android® 9.0 operating system. Wi-Fi connection between Smart Device and Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment. App compatibility with one of the above functions.
  • Playback of Netflix content via integrated Netflix app
  • Playback of content (e.g. movies) via HDMI-In interface (HDMI cable not included)
  • Sound output via Bluetooth® headphones or audio jack (3.5mm)
  • Charge electronic devices via USB type C interface
  • Over the Air updates for system optimizations
Note: availability of services and features may vary in certain countries. An Internet/Wi-Fi connection can be established either by means of the Connect Plus module or by using a smartphone/tablet computer as a mobile hotspot (tethering). Depending on the smartphone manufacturer, not all functions are available via hotspot (tethering). Some apps restrict the wireless transmission of content. Playback and transmission of DRM-protected (Digital Rights Management) content partly requires a subscription to a paid streaming service. No playback of iTunes content.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Of course they don't show anything in the photo!!!

Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE)

detail_CAHY_l_0.jpg

Comprises two high-resolution and anti-glare 10.1-inch touchscreen displays (resolution: 1920 ×1080 pixels) mounted on the backrests of the front seats and two wireless Bluetooth® over ear headphones.
Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) displays can be tilted.

Use in the vehicle:
  • Playback of Smart Device app content (e.g. movies) on the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment system via Apple® AirPlay, GOOGLE® Chromecast, screen mirroring, (e.g. Samsung® Smart View or Apple® Screen Mirroring)
  • Requirements: Smart Device with at least iOS 12®or Android® 9.0 operating system. Wi-Fi connection between Smart Device and Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment. App compatibility with one of the above functions.
  • Playback of Netflix content via integrated Netflix app
  • Playback of content (e.g. movies) via HDMI-In interface (HDMI cable not included)
  • Sound output via Bluetooth® headphones or audio jack (3.5mm)
  • Charge electronic devices via USB type C interface
  • Over the Air updates for system optimizations
Note: availability of services and features may vary in certain countries. An Internet/Wi-Fi connection can be established either by means of the Connect Plus module or by using a smartphone/tablet computer as a mobile hotspot (tethering). Depending on the smartphone manufacturer, not all functions are available via hotspot (tethering). Some apps restrict the wireless transmission of content. Playback and transmission of DRM-protected (Digital Rights Management) content partly requires a subscription to a paid streaming service. No playback of iTunes content.
the screens were added I think beginning of this month !

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Is it just me, or are there some new options available in the configurator? I'm in the U.S., and I'm seeing the following, which I don't remember seeing previously:

1) Bespoke Decal Set
2) Dashboard End Trims in Leather

The most substantial new option is #3, unless I have a bad memory and these options have been there all along?
Yes! I see those, and have for a couple of weeks (maybe?)... also a PPF (protective car film) option... I'm in US.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag

1) Bespoke Decal Set

As of last week, also rear windshield wiper in gloss black (at least for CT) and front protection film

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Is the protection film - front($2760) worth it?
I’m planning to do a front ppf so wondering if anyone can share some insight. Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

1) Bespoke Decal Set

Decals appeared on UK configurator a few weeks ago (they look awful).

PRSE is an option on other Porsche vehicles for some years - look at the Panamera to see pictures etc.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Is the protection film - front($2760) worth it?
I’m planning to do a front ppf so wondering if anyone can share some insight. Thanks!
For a full front that's just over going rate in my area. I've had terrible luck with Audi's factory PPF.

For reference, our Model Y Perf is getting full front and rockers done for $2000 otd in the DC area.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
1) Bespoke Decal Set
1) Is not "new". It came with the introduction of MY22 begin of July 21.
2) Yes, that's a new one
3) New as well. Here is a picture shown in the german configurator.
Porsche Taycan New Options Added??? RSE

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
For a full front that's just over going rate in my area. I've had terrible luck with Audi's factory PPF.

For reference, our Model Y Perf is getting full front and rockers done for $2000 otd in the DC area.
From what I understand factory installation have visible cut edges I.e. if you want a higher quality wrapped edge look which I highly recommend I’d go local with Xpel or equivalent. Also advancements in PPF materials likely out pace what the factory is offering although cannot confirm what they are using. Invariably cheaper to do locally as you mention.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
From what I understand factory installation have visible cut edges I.e. if you want a higher quality wrapped edge look which I highly recommend I’d go local with Xpel or equivalent. Also advancements in PPF materials likely out pace what the factory is offering although cannot confirm what they are using. Invariably cheaper to do locally as you mention.
Agreed. Go with a Xpel installer that will install with bulk film and not utilize pre-cut or plotter cut pieces. It will look WAY better and not have any edges.

OP
OP

AmpedUp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Taycan New Options Added??? 1632238182669

Here is a photo of the screens @amelen referenced installed in the Panamera model.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
the screens were added I think beginning of this month !
Yes! Really recently! So recently that they took the picture to show them, before actually installing them! Lol
Sponsored