New Owner 4S Experience

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I can switch off parking assist to mute the warning with the hyptic touch button on the lower screen... I have never gotten a warning for collision warning... I've even set it to early... there is an off selection for my car...
Yes, I played with that some time ago, but next time I drove the car the collision warning is back on. Cannot get rid off it for good!

I know, everybody thinks, I am a crazy driver, and yes, I admit I like to drive a little bit faster than most people, and sometimes I am a bit too much in a rush.

But then I don't live in a desert, I live in a very dense mega city with people and electric bikes sharing tight spaces, there is no way to keep lots of distance all the time. Then the beeping in the car gets crazy, with ParkAssist and collision warnings begging for attention...

Porsche never test their cars in such situations...

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Incidentally, I drove the car more spiritedly today.

I am currently failing to find words to adequately describe how the car handles.

I don't know it it's the fact it 2.2 tonnes or the PDCC but the car is an oxymoron.

The car feels like a tank or a sumo wrestler who is just planted where it sits and nothing will disturb its poise.

The car is bloody huge ... doesn't even fit in the width of a parking space!

But somehow the car feels like Osmium and Hydrogen both at the same time.

You can feel a solidity that is hard to explain ... like the Batmobile ... but also effortlessly nimble.

Honestly it gives concurrently contradictory sensations .... but in the best possible way.

I am not qualified to have an opinion on vehicle dynamics .... but compared to anything I have ever driven before, the handling is just divine.

... and yes, the RWS is fantastic too.

PDCC shows itself as doing stuff in some of the instrument views .... I have yet to see if PTV+ is doing anything to the ride.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag

I am currently failing to find words to adequately describe how the car handles.

I don't know it it's the fact it 2.2 tonnes or the PDCC but the car is an oxymoron.

The car feels like a tank or a sumo wrestler who is just planted where it sits and nothing will disturb its poise.

You can feel a solidity that is hard to explain ... like the Batmobile ... but also effortlessly nimble.

Honestly it gives concurrently contradictory sensations .... but in the best possible way.

I am not qualified to have an opinion on vehicle dynamics .... but compared to anything I have ever driven before, the handling is just divine.

PDCC shows itself as doing stuff in some of the instrument views .... I have yet to see if PTV+ is doing anything to the ride.
PTV+ is the same as any other limited-slip differential. In normal weather, you can only notice it if you're making a very tight turn - it'll push more power to the outside wheel. It's also quite useful in snow.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
PTV+ is the same as any other limited-slip differential. In normal weather, you can only notice it if you're making a very tight turn - it'll push more power to the outside wheel. It's also quite useful in snow.
PTV+ brakes the inside rear wheel in a curve to neutralize the steering and increases rear brake wear, but the handling improvement is worth it.
Always a Porsche check box for me.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Take it to a track and you will feel the 2+ ton weight in every corner. But for everyday spirited driving, the low center of gravity afforded by the position and design of the battery pack and drive motors, PTV+, RWS, and PDCC all collaborate in a symphony to enable this contradictory handling. It's an awesome driving machine. There is no substitute.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
So if you're sitting in that car does it have 483 horsepower instead of 482? How do you hold the steering wheel without fingers? How is there enough headroom for a horn since the moonroof doesn't open?

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
So if you're sitting in that car does it have 483 horsepower instead of 482? How do you hold the steering wheel without fingers? How is there enough headroom for a horn since the moonroof doesn't open?
Selling the car?! ... I think not!

I thought I was adding 1hp to 483 not 482?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought I was adding 1hp to 483 not 482?
The Porsche website says 482 but coincidentally I was just reading an Autocar review which said 483 ... but brake hp. So I guess there is a 1 hp diff between the two although I don't really know what that means for an electric motor.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You described PTV, which isn't exactly the same feature. PTV+ is a mechanical limited-slip differential, not just brake-based torque vectoring. The "plus" part is actually quite significant.
Actually the "plus" means it's an electronic LSD. The non-plus also includes an LSD, but mechanical, for manual transmissions.

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Update:

I think figured out the Frunk comfort access... It seems that you need to actually swipe quite slowly. Fast swipes don’t work. I think you swipe along the bumper from underneath the badge towards the headlight. I’m swiping left. I had quite a lot of success when doing it slower than feels normal.

i have a new irritation now though... Not only does the PCM not remember my Traffic Sign alert settings between shutdowns, it seems that also the last view in the HUD is also forgotten (even though the instrument cluster seems to be able to remember what each section is set to).

I’m wondering how this sort of rubbish passes quality control.

I have tried the “Two Finger Salute” to reset the PCM and it’s pretty spontaneous, though the actual restart is long and progressive.

Other than that, I’m enjoying InnoDrive (without automatic adoption of speed limits) ... The assisted steering is occasionally freaky and fun ... but often fails mid manoeuvre, rendering it quite useless. It seems to like to drive close to the driver’s side, so I’m constantly fighting with it. That said, I’m inclined to leave it on, just in case I get distracted and it happens to be working and saves me... though current experience makes me doubtful.

On the whole I like InnoDrive, but the active lane keeping is verging on useless.

360 camera is both great and useless at the same time, so much promise but rendered impotent by some ridiculous implementation decisions. I’d rather have it, but it’s frustrating as hell to use.

The car drives like nothing I have ever driven before, but everyone knows that already.

Options that I was almost talked out of, PDCC and massage seats, I love.

I’m grateful to all those who advised, you are buying a Porsche, get all the drive quality options. I wish I’d had the money for a Turbo S now... somehow 0-60 in 3.8s has become meh.

I was nonplused when I took delivery... I have had it a week and I’m so glad I got this car now. Looks gorgeous, drives amazing, electric is so refreshing.

Instant on, pre-warm ... even without, the car interior warms up super quick. The thing is a damn joy.

I wish the thing wasn’t so bloody wide and long, harder to park than my BMW X3!

And please, for the love of God, Porsche get your bloody act together and fix this stupid PCM and Connect issues, it really doesn’t do you or the car justice and really tarnishes what should be an impeccable shine.
Sponsored