Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Less than one week into my 4S and I already know what I am missing: HUD, insulated glass, and variable light control roof.
Could you explain why?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Eli-Z

First Name
Elia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M6 - 550i
Country flag
Less than one week into my 4S and I already know what I am missing: HUD, insulated glass, and variable light control roof.
HUD and insulated glass I can see why one would miss although wondering if missing the "insulated glass" is due to noise or heat?

The variable light control roof is a cool option to have although seems like a hefty price tag for the option. Do you feel that you are missing due to the "cool factor" or use?

SoCal310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Simply prefer quiet and cool cabin. Heat is a problem here in Southern California.

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Base interior is pretty good, but the full leather is a noticeable step up, especially in two tone. I ordered the chalk/black two tone on my car (still waiting to be shipped), since I saw the interior in person on a dealer car and really liked it

Race tex Headliner is nice but expensive, especially since coverage isn't as much with a pano roof. I hate race tex / alcantara wheels, had it on my past Camaro SS 1LE and it gets matted pretty fast and feels gross. Yes, you can try to brush and maintain it, but I wouldn't do it for high hand touch point areas. Leather you can easily just wipe it to clean it

Bottom line is that I'd trade your interior upgrades (race tex headliner + wheel, aluminum pedals, silver trim, crests) in order to get full leather, as I think that will have a bigger impact on how nice the interior is. You'll interact with the upgraded leather touch points far more often than you'll notice aluminum pedals, silver vs black trim (both are still plastic anyways), and crests which you won't see since you're facing forward when entering the car

Separately, would trade thermal/noise glass for rear axle steering. Otherwise think you have a nice build here
I have Alcantara in my 718 Spyder, including on the steering wheel. Easy to clean, use a Woolmix detergent, works really well and I have only needed to do it once in 9000k’s.
Sponsored