W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm struggling to understand. What is a PMCC and don't have a pool.

I'm trying to work out what I ask the installer for.
PMCC is Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (22kW)

PMC+ is Porsche Mobile Charger Plus.

Both are EVSEs.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Depending on the actual supply you may not get precisely 11kW - this is why the PMC+ is rated at 9.6kW and I would guess other branded EVSEs will provide the same. To get 9.6kW you still need 3 phase.
The PMC+ is rated at 11 kW here in France, but requires 3 phase.

The 9.6 rating I think is gor the US??

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm struggling to understand. What is a PMCC and don't have a pool.

I'm trying to work out what I ask the installer for.
What you will need is the upgrade that you discuss with Enedis to get three phase into your property.

The installer for the cable you need to ask is to provide a suitable cable and safety devices for an installation of an EVSE with up to 11 kW power. And if you chose one of the installers from the link I sent, they will be able to quote the cable and all as well.

If you then choose to have that done with a socket and plug for the EVSE like the Porsche Mobile Charger + or any other fixed EVSE hardwired is your choice.

I only mentioned the pool pumps since they can run 24/7 in summertime and draw a lot of power.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep could be but I didn't want to overstate.

Either way it's a perfect choice to start the EV adventure.
Yes absolutely a perfect start. No need yo pay anything extra. Having said that I still use our Tesla Wall Connector much more than the Porsche supplied PMCC. I find it much easier to use and better cable length.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
OK thanks I think I'm understanding. So am I correct in saying I could have just a 3 Phase plug installed and use the PMCC. Is this an accessories and is the spec on the Porsche website?

Thanks four your help and sorry for being dumb

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK thanks I think I'm understanding. So am I correct in saying I could have just a 3 Phase plug installed and use the PMCC. Is this an accessories and is the spec on the Porsche website?

Check what the spec of your car says. It looks like the PMCC is included in the price here in France. Just make sure you tick the option for the free cables for it. It needs to be a plug for 3 phase and rated at 16 amps at least. Standard CEE plug.

Your Sales advisor or the Porsche Guru at the dealer must be able to guide you. If you miss a cable that is free and want to buy it later, it can be costly. These cables are not cheap from Porsche

Below is a photo of the Porsche France configurator.
Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 79E7374E-E580-42D9-83C4-D241ED16BB2B

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

You aren't being dumb at all.

To be clear on EVSE - have you specified the PMCC or will you take the standard one (PMC+)?

PMC+.on your 3 phase will give you up to 11kW (perfect).

As mentioned also.ensure you have the correctly rated cables for your setup.

Your dealer shop be able to advise once you confirm to them what your electrical supply will be ie 3 phase.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
The PMC+ is rated at 11 kW here in France, but requires 3 phase.

The 9.6 rating I think is gor the US??
9.6 kW is max for all "mobile" EVSE's in North America.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You aren't being dumb at all.

To be clear on EVSE - have you specified the PMCC or will you take the standard one (PMC+)?

PMC+.on your 3 phase will give you up to 11kW (perfect).

As mentioned also.ensure you have the correctly rated cables for your setup.

Your dealer shop be able to advise once you confirm to them what your electrical supply will be ie 3 phase.
seems the PMCC is the standard spec here in France! Together with a 32 amp plug so will be good for 22 kW!

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Check what the spec of your car says. It looks like the PMCC is included in the price here in France. Just make sure you tick the option for the free cables for it. It needs to be a plug for 3 phase and rated at 16 amps at least. Standard CEE plug.

Your Sales advisor or the Porsche Guru at the dealer must be able to guide you. If you miss a cable that is free and want to buy it later, it can be costly. These cables are not cheap from Porsche

Below is a photo of the Porsche France configurator.
79E7374E-E580-42D9-83C4-D241ED16BB2B.png
Thanks will check the configurator. I've been using the UK and France.
seems the PMCC is the standard spec here in France! Together with a 32 amp plug so will be good for 22 kW!
So just to clarify, is the PMCC 22kw come with a 3 phase plug. Does anyone have a picture of one?

Thanks

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

So just to clarify, is the PMCC 22kw come with a 3 phase plug. Does anyone have a picture of one?

Thanks
Here you go!
The plug that was installed
Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers A719AFB5-F371-422F-9876-A67B6EFB2605

The EVSE installed

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers B671FA33-F1E7-40F0-8894-003E9D710BB4

The plug that was supplies 3phase plus neutral and earth protection
Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers FC973E79-BD86-45E1-949C-B03318A76BA2
Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 8618B5AF-3B9F-4AB3-9B4D-6E257802CBA5

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Thanks
Got to the configurator and check the standard features tab for the car it will be something like:

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664435038448

Check the line 'Supply cable for industrial electrical outlet...'. In the example above the supply cable is only rated for single phase and so you will need the following option (note that this substitutes the 230V, 32A cable you get by default).

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664435152217

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664435321908

On the UK configurator the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) is not currently listed (this is another problem as it is not clear if this is due to supply issues or other issues).

If you can get a PMCC (and that is an 'if' at the moment) then remember that you will not be able to take full advantage of it unless you also upgrade the onboard AC charger to 22kW (perhaps you have?) and therefore your charging power will be limited to 11kW at home and at public chargers.

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664435493527

To add both the PMCC (if available) and 22kW On-board AC charger is ridiculously expensive (there are plenty of cheaper alternatives) but perhaps that's not a concern.

The above picture is the PMCC somewhat randomly shown in this picture as it isn't a charger and as we've explained earlier the charger is physically in the car (for both AC and DC charging). These accompanying text is however correct.

The standard Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+) is the sensible / cheapest option to get started with. In otherwords, if you don't upgrade the on-board AC charger to 22kW then the max AC power the car can take both at home and at public charging locations is 11kW.

Note also the standard length of the EVSE to vehicle cable - default is 4.5m and the option for a longer one is 7.5m. Again, take care here as it looks like the configurator doesn't list the longer one for the PMCC presumably as the PMCC is not currently / longer available.

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664435875895

Can you clarify your overall requirement(s) and use cases so that we can filter out some of the 'noise' on the advice given if needed?

PMC+

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664436217174

PMCC

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664436280742

Same basic lozenge shape, PMCC has the touch panel, much heavier, taller, WiFI (incl hotspot), up to 22kW.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here you go!
The plug that was installed
A719AFB5-F371-422F-9876-A67B6EFB2605.jpeg

The EVSE installed

B671FA33-F1E7-40F0-8894-003E9D710BB4.jpeg

The plug that was supplies 3phase plus neutral and earth protection
FC973E79-BD86-45E1-949C-B03318A76BA2.jpeg
8618B5AF-3B9F-4AB3-9B4D-6E257802CBA5.jpeg
Ah, ok - didn't realise PMCC is standard for France!

Is the on-board AC charger the basic 11kW or is it also 22kW?

If so then this is a no brainer assuming 3 phase is installed!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ah, ok - didn't realise PMCC is standard for France!

Is the on-board AC charger the basic 11kW or is it also 22kW?

If so then this is a no brainer assuming 3 phase is installed!
My French is pretty weak but forget the PMC+ as PMCC and the correct industrial supply cable is standard equipment.

The only decision then beyond installing 3 phase is whether to upgrade the on-board AC charger to take 22kW - if so then you have a fantastic home setup and a great solution for faster public AC charging if DC isn't available.

Ensure your Electrician installs the Red industrial receptacle as pictured above and you'll be sorted.

Porsche Taycan Newbie question on home chargers 1664436789114

Looks like they thought this through properly in France!
Sponsored