No data connection and no remote features (22 TTS)

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
It seems since the last MyPorsche app update (where they added the tire pressure display) my car has lost its data connection. It won't even let me know when its charged - I used to get a notification about that every time in the evening. No remote feature works at all (lock/unlock/condition, etc).

Things i've tried
- rebooted PCM
- waited for car to turn off and on again
- tried to catch it in service while driving around (no luck)
- Sim status shows connected to Verizon with 2-4 bars in random locations
- logged out of system - that was a mistake as I can't log in now
- tried a full reset. The system can't complete that, I assume since it needs data connection to unregister
- enabled/disabled privacy mode to no effect
- SOS light is solid green
- The app shows " updated 1hr ago", but the data it shows is actually from 2 weeks ago

I opened a case with the Porsche connected services. The rep was very helpful and didn't bullshit me around. He said he could try to remove my car from the account but I didn't want to since he shared that he's been getting a lot of calls these past 2 weeks. It seems definitely some issue with their systems. The case is now in Germany and I'm waiting to hear back.

At this point this is just majorly annoying but the car is driving fine.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any suggestions on what else I can try? I'm hesitant to bring to dealer since I don't want to be without my car for a month

Porsche Taycan No data connection and no remote features (22 TTS) IMG_1303.PNG
Porsche Taycan No data connection and no remote features (22 TTS) IMG_1300
Porsche Taycan No data connection and no remote features (22 TTS) IMG_1302

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
1. Could be the LTE module has a fault. Dependent on this for car connectivity.

2. Have you tried using your secondary Porsche ID and key fob - this will force a new login?

3. Can't imagine the updates to the app would lead to a total loss of connectivity. Screenshots shared look to be from My Porsche web site and not the app but should work nonetheless.

4. Disconnecting 12v battery to properly hard reboot everything might be a solution. Guidance in Porsche Good To Know App.

5. May be a software / account screw up due to the recent server migrations.

6. Delete all accounts from PCM and factory reset. Some settings will be lost but easy to reestablish after logging in with your Porsche ID (if you can).

I had this / similar issue last year and by trying some of the above the issue cleared. Pulling the 12v (for less than 5 mins) or PCM fuse may be the quickest thing to do but no guarantee it will resolve your issue.

OP
OP
caslca

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
1. Could be the LTE module has a fault. Dependent on this for car connectivity.

2. Have you tried using your secondary Porsche ID and key fob - this will force a new login?

3. Can't imagine the updates to the app would lead to a total loss of connectivity. Screenshots shared look to be from My Porsche web site and not the app but should work nonetheless.

4. Disconnecting 12v battery to properly hard reboot everything might be a solution. Guidance in Porsche Good To Know App.

5. May be a software / account screw up due to the recent server migrations.

6. Delete all accounts from PCM and factory reset. Some settings will be lost but easy to reestablish after logging in with your Porsche ID (if you can).

I had this / similar issue last year and by trying some of the above the issue cleared. Pulling the 12v (for less than 5 mins) or PCM fuse may be the quickest thing to do but no guarantee it will resolve your issue.
🤦‍♂️The battery - thats what I forgot! I disconnected it for 5min and the car showed LTE right after.

Thanks for the ideas! I appreciate you taking the time to help! I tried some of those already to no avail, but the battery disconnect was the fix.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

@W1NGE If disconnecting 12v battery is described in Porsche Good to Know app, could you share what topic/how to navigate the app to get to it? I have trouble locating info in that app. I see items about charging the 12v battery, but cannot find anything about disconnecting.

Also, is there something about a time limit for disconnecting it? I have read suggestions about this in the forum.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@W1NGE If disconnecting 12v battery is described in Porsche Good to Know app, could you share what topic/how to navigate the app to get to it? I have trouble locating info in that app. I see items about charging the 12v battery, but cannot find anything about disconnecting.

Also, is there something about a time limit for disconnecting it? I have read suggestions about this in the forum.
Recommendation is 5 mins max.

Disconnect one of the battery terminals and then reattach.

If not comfortable doing this take it to your dealer.

Alternative is to pull the PCM fuse but for a complete restart the battery method is the only way.

Search further on the forum as someone may have detailed the steps.

OP
OP
caslca

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag

I posted a quick how-to here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-disconnect-12v-battery.11322/

codybosco

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
It seems since the last MyPorsche app update (where they added the tire pressure display) my car has lost its data connection. It won't even let me know when its charged - I used to get a notification about that every time in the evening. No remote feature works at all (lock/unlock/condition, etc).

Things i've tried
- rebooted PCM
- waited for car to turn off and on again
- tried to catch it in service while driving around (no luck)
- Sim status shows connected to Verizon with 2-4 bars in random locations
- logged out of system - that was a mistake as I can't log in now
- tried a full reset. The system can't complete that, I assume since it needs data connection to unregister
- enabled/disabled privacy mode to no effect
- SOS light is solid green
- The app shows " updated 1hr ago", but the data it shows is actually from 2 weeks ago

I opened a case with the Porsche connected services. The rep was very helpful and didn't bullshit me around. He said he could try to remove my car from the account but I didn't want to since he shared that he's been getting a lot of calls these past 2 weeks. It seems definitely some issue with their systems. The case is now in Germany and I'm waiting to hear back.

At this point this is just majorly annoying but the car is driving fine.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any suggestions on what else I can try? I'm hesitant to bring to dealer since I don't want to be without my car for a month

IMG_1303.PNG
IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg

codybosco

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
yes, I've had similar problems since the upgraded app was installed. Took it to the dealer who said I needed a new Connect component. Installing tomorrow.We'll see if it helps and what new problems will come up

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I get occasional problems that are site specific. At work, and most other places, I can see my car details and charging status on myporsche app. However, at home I can't see any of this, it keeps searching for the car and can't find it. Therefore I can't preheat/cool the car in mornings. Any ideas?
Sponsored