No LTE in garage, cannot preheat car via app :-( (RESOLVED)

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This looks like a good one time cost solution for garage and home for Verizon users. One complaint on the Verizon site from the users is that you cannot limit it to just your own phones, so the extender becomes a nice perk for all the neighbors including data. I wonder if you can confirm if there is a setting that limits what phones can use the extender or if you can see in real time what phones are connected and using the extender.
Yes you can limit it to your own phones, you need to call Verizon to properly add the box to your account so you can manage it from there. This said however, your Taycan is not on your Verizon plan, so it would be excluded from the extender. I am not sure if there is a way to tell which phone is which and manually add it, as I never bothered going down that path. Yes, technically my neighbors can use the LTE extender, but
  1. I limited it to 100Mbps max
  2. I monitor the usage and while I do get occasional other device connecting here and there, the usage is usually rather brief as the move past my house I guess (I did notice phones prefer to jump to non extender towers as soon as they can, even if their signal is weaker).
So bottom line, I decided it's not worth while to try to exclude phones.

PS) All traffic to/from the extender is tunneled via an encrypted channel, so the only traffic you see on your network is the extender talking to some Verizon server.
Sponsored

Last edited: