OEM Trunk Liner Vs Weathertech ?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
So guys, we're talking about the Weathertech product for about $250....yeah?

https://www.weathertech.com/porsche/2021/taycan/cargo-liner/
They have a trim-to-fit one for $50? I get the lip is an important feature (and thus the diff in price), but it would depend on what one is carrying/trying to defend against. I have the genuine OEM liner for my Macan, and the lip bends easily - with rear seats folded, it would not contain much. I keep a brush and a bath rug in the trunk when going skiing - any snow/water that escapes brushing is caught in/by the bath rug.
Sponsored

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
They have a trim-to-fit one for $50? I get the lip is an important feature (and thus the diff in price), but it would depend on what one is carrying/trying to defend against. I have the genuine OEM liner for my Macan, and the lip bends easily - with rear seats folded, it would not contain much. I keep a brush and a bath rug in the trunk when going skiing - any snow/water that escapes brushing is caught in/by the bath rug.
I don't think it's a trim to fit, it appears to come ready to set into the rear of the trunk and seems, in the pictures, to have a lip or perimeter containment.... I'll post when it arrives