First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Really ?
I don't understand why they put carpet in the trunk and frunk.
It would be more logic to me that it is made plastic or rubber by default.
Much easier to keep clean.
So why don’t you use rubber mats at your toilet at home :p
Sponsored

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Hey guys,

Having done some research there seems to be the WeatherTech and the Suncoast (or something like that). I found one on Amazon and received it today. I had to unroll it from the box and lay it in the sun until it flattened. I then installed it. Easy!

Guys, I think this thing is perfect, it fits flawlessly, seems quite durable, has a nice lip that extends upwards about 1.25-inch and even wraps around the corners. Available form Amazon for a fraction of the price of Weathertech! About $50 and that's a bargain!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2TZRJFB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Mat 1.jpg

Don't let the flash from my cell phone fool you, the 1st pic is accurate, the interior pics look a bit plastic but it's really not. This thing is 80% less than the Weathertech....very happy!

Mat 2.jpg
Mat 3.jpg
Mat 4.jpg

Like a glove! : )
I have the same one it’s made by Croc. Fits, looks and works very well. Highly recommend if looking for a nice truck liner.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Am I the only one that find it very ugly to have those rubber mats?

I understand that you could use it for transporting dirty stuff and dogs etc. but I would hate that 24/7.
(Looks around) Yeah, it's just you. (Most people don't look in their trunks 24/7.)

And, to preempt your question: I'm a bit snappy because this is an actually useful thread, which now digressed into something else. Let it be.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I have a Turbo S, not a GT....no idea if the rear cargo areas are identical, best check it out but with Amazon you can return for free and at just $50 (as comparted to the WeatherTech at $250) it's an easy decision.
Once again, WeatherTech also makes a trim-to-fit for $50: 2022 Porsche® Taycan 4 Cross Turismo Semi-Universal Trim-to-Fit Cargo/Trunk Mat | WeatherTech .

As far as I can see, the problem (not on yours) is that it won't have an edge/lip, so any spillage that makes it that far will seep underneath.

I'm disappointed with the OEM liner in the Macan - it's plasticky/low friction, not a great fit (at the base of the rear seats) and scratches easily. It has that outline of the car's profile, but at least it's expensive (? struggling to find advantages)

OP
OP
Steve R

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
As far as I can see, the problem (not on yours) is that it won't have an edge/lip, so any spillage that makes it that far will seep underneath.
What you said made me think about something (an idea/innovation) and at first I laughed and thought it was a stupid idea.....but given all the luxury features we see in cars nowadays, it actually is a good idea:

There are these little battery powered sensors that are placed under the sink or on the floor in perhaps the laundry room....they simply make a loud sound when the metal sensors detect water, it's based on conductivity across two terminals. I don't care how new your home is, how high the quality of your faucet or if you use stainless steel braided water lines....at some point there will be a bunch of water that gets somewhere you don't want it. Perhaps an instant-hot unit starts leaking, water filter develops a crack or the faucet starts leaking: when the sensor goes off, it can often save you HUGE problems, cost and headaches.....it's worth it's $7 cost handsdown! If you don't have one, get one and I promise it's a matter of weeks/months/years before you'll be super-happy you did it.

Applying this to cargo liners, how about some imbedded wires and a small sensor....to let you know that a large jug just fell over and is leaking or something spilled. I'd sure like to know something wet is getting all over the place before it gets worse and breaches the rim of the liner or starts ruining other items stored in the back.

Hey: he who laughs will be cursed to endure an in-car flood.....Murphy loves to screw ya more than the IRS likes to collect money! Just sayin' : )

JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
What you said made me think about something (an idea/innovation) and at first I laughed and thought it was a stupid idea.....but given all the luxury features we see in cars nowadays, it actually is a good idea:

There are these little battery powered sensors that are placed under the sink or on the floor in perhaps the laundry room....they simply make a loud sound when the metal sensors detect water, it's based on conductivity across two terminals. I don't care how new your home is, how high the quality of your faucet or if you use stainless steel braided water lines....at some point there will be a bunch of water that gets somewhere you don't want it. Perhaps an instant-hot unit starts leaking, water filter develops a crack or the faucet starts leaking: when the sensor goes off, it can often save you HUGE problems, cost and headaches.....it's worth it's $7 cost handsdown! If you don't have one, get one and I promise it's a matter of weeks/months/years before you'll be super-happy you did it.

Applying this to cargo liners, how about some imbedded wires and a small sensor....to let you know that a large jug just fell over and is leaking or something spilled. I'd sure like to know something wet is getting all over the place before it gets worse and breaches the rim of the liner or starts ruining other items stored in the back.

Hey: he who laughs will be cursed to endure an in-car flood.....Murphy loves to screw ya more than the IRS likes to collect money! Just sayin' : )
That's pretty smart Steve. My company actually develop smart devices and I know the water leak detectors you're thinking of. It would be too difficult to manage the inventory if each mat had them integrated but a stand alone device would be easy, probably battery power with USB charging. I remember a company BMW we had was damaged because the driver took a load of gardening stuff to the tip and it poured water into the boot wrecking some electronics.

Shall we do a funding round? :CWL:

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
So why don’t you use rubber mats at your toilet at home :p
I think a better analogy is: Most people put tiles on the toilet floor, not carpet.
Just like you do not put carpet in your garage or in your bathroom.
It would be way too difficult to maintain.

Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey guys,

Having done some research there seems to be the WeatherTech and the Suncoast (or something like that). I found one on Amazon and received it today. I had to unroll it from the box and lay it in the sun until it flattened. I then installed it. Easy!

Guys, I think this thing is perfect, it fits flawlessly, seems quite durable, has a nice lip that extends upwards about 1.25-inch and even wraps around the corners. Available form Amazon for a fraction of the price of Weathertech! About $50 and that's a bargain!

+1
I got this same liner. Great item for an even better price!

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

Don't let the flash from my cell phone fool you, the 1st pic is accurate, the interior pics look a bit plastic but it's really not. This thing is 80% less than the Weathertech....very happy!

[snip]

Like a glove! : )
++ on this recommendation - indeed the fit is sub-mm perfect, and it's made from a grippy and sturdy material. Way better than the OEM liner in the Macan, which is quite slippery/plasticky.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
All of them cover the forward mounted tie-down rings.
I use the rear cargo trunk liner, and ski bag. Then you only have access to those rear mounted tie-down rings.
Had a merc CLA as a loner when heater broke down.
There those front mounted were on the sidewall.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Being the thrifty person I am, I’ve got the OEM double sided Cayenne (3rd gen) trunk liner in my TTS. Length is perfect, just a little wide. The Cayenne cargo net also works great in the Taycan. Didn’t want to give it to the dealer for free when they took in my car as a trade in.

Porsche Taycan Great rear cargo trunk liner! 6DD8C82D-F14E-43BF-9831-6CF42C24FC59

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Being the thrifty person I am, I’ve got the OEM double sided Cayenne (3rd gen) trunk liner in my TTS. Length is perfect, just a little wide. The Cayenne cargo net also works great in the Taycan. Didn’t want to give it to the dealer for free when they took in my car as a trade in.

6DD8C82D-F14E-43BF-9831-6CF42C24FC59.jpeg
Sorry mate but the words 'Turbo S' and 'Thrifty' simply do not belong together :)!!