PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have the Weathertech matts. The only issue with the rear matt is the flaps that go over the deep fender storage areas. They sort of just lay partially over them. To me, they should just not have them. You can see in the picture.
Porsche Taycan OEM Trunk Liner Vs Weathertech ? Rear Floor
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hiflyin20

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Weathertech matts. The only issue with the rear matt is the flaps that go over the deep fender storage areas. They sort of just lay partially over them. To me, they should just not have them. You can see in the picture.
Rear Floor.jpg
Did yours come with the Porsche logo instead of the Weathertech logo. I have the Weathertech logo.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My OEM trunk liner arrived this week from Suncoast. I really love seeing the Cross Turismo silhouette when I put stuff in the back of my car. It also does not cover the little recessed side compartments. Happy I got it.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did yours come with the Porsche logo instead of the Weathertech logo. I have the Weathertech logo.
I bought the sticker from someone who another person posted (stickerfab might be it). You need to add a little extra glue to the back of them, but fit perfect.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Do the weathertech Taycan Cargo/Trunk liners work with the CT? They only have the trim-to-fit one available on their site right now. I'm referring to this one: https://www.weathertech.com/porsche/2022/taycan/cargo-liner/
I wasn’t keen on the OEM liner because reportedly it’s fairly rigid, more plastic than rubber - and I want something that will catch water / spills but also provide some grip. I also don’t like that it covers the tether anchors.

Then I have the same doubts as you about the generic fit of the WeatherTech mat - with those wings that extend over the side wells.

So as an improvised alternative, I got the WeatherTech 24”x39” IndoorMat (yes, a doormat!). It doesn’t cover the entire floorspace, but centered between the rear tether anchors, it does cover the full front-to-back dimension, and more than half of the entire trunk floor.

In my case I want something for wet beach/hiking gear and ski boot bags with melting ice - enough to contain a puddle and provide some grip.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
To close the loop on this, I ended up ordering the weathertech custom fit trunk and frunk liners for the Taycan. It does fit perfect on the CT as well AND it doesn't cover the 2 side wells! The trunk mat does cover the 2 inner D rings, but not the 2 outer D rings.

Deleted member 7736

I also just received my Weathertech liners for the trunk and frunk, and the fit is great. I've had Weathertech trunk liners in several previous cars and have been very happy with all of them. In particular, I really like the roll-out sill protector that keeps the aluminum sill plates from getting scuffed up when loading awkward things into the trunk. The mat does cover the two inner d-rings, but there's a molded square area with a raised border where the d-rings are. It was a simple 30 second operation with an Xacto knife to cut out the squares and expose the inner d-rings so those are now usable as well.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
Yes. I have the rear one. I still may pick up the frunk liner, but it is such a rip off for how small it is. Go to stickerfab.com and order the Porsche inserts to replace the Weathertech ones. They need a little extra glue, but fit perfect.
I just got my Taycan Turbo S but for the last 2-3 years I've been driving my Jaguar I-pace and I can honestly say that, aside from putting a charger in the frunk, I've NEVER used the front trunk.....are you sure you really need a front trunk liner???

Also, I just pulled the trigger on a rear cargo liner off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2TZRJFB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm guessing this wasn't available several months ago but for $50 and a free return, it seems worth the shot. I'll post when it arrives. I almost want to build some kind of lightweight but durable containment with sides and everything to contain a mess. I spend time at a ranch/farm we own and a construction project so there's no shortage of messy stuff that I occasionally need to transport.

One time our goats were out of alfalfa and my truck was down so I went to the feed store and got one bale of put it in the back of my Honda HRV to transport just a couple miles. BIG MISTAKE! after removing the bale, there were tons of tiny pieces that got into the soft upholstery: it took an HOUR with a fairly powerful shop vac to get 95% of everything out. I should have used a plastic liner or moving blanket!!!!! The worst is when you spill something organic, you can clean, vacuum and spend quite a bit of time and yet there's still a bit of residual odor.

I told myself that I'd let the wife take the Jag and I'll use the P-car....and that I'd use it for my daily and not let it be a weekend car or garage queen (already got an Italian one of those). I sure hope I can stay true to my plans.....this Taycan is just too new and nice to start using for farm days.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got my Taycan Turbo S but for the last 2-3 years I've been driving my Jaguar I-pace and I can honestly say that, aside from putting a charger in the frunk, I've NEVER used the front trunk.....are you sure you really need a front trunk liner???

Also, I just pulled the trigger on a rear cargo liner off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2TZRJFB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm guessing this wasn't available several months ago but for $50 and a free return, it seems worth the shot. I'll post when it arrives. I almost want to build some kind of lightweight but durable containment with sides and everything to contain a mess. I spend time at a ranch/farm we own and a construction project so there's no shortage of messy stuff that I occasionally need to transport.

One time our goats were out of alfalfa and my truck was down so I went to the feed store and got one bale of put it in the back of my Honda HRV to transport just a couple miles. BIG MISTAKE! after removing the bale, there were tons of tiny pieces that got into the soft upholstery: it took an HOUR with a fairly powerful shop vac to get 95% of everything out. I should have used a plastic liner or moving blanket!!!!! The worst is when you spill something organic, you can clean, vacuum and spend quite a bit of time and yet there's still a bit of residual odor.

I told myself that I'd let the wife take the Jag and I'll use the P-car....and that I'd use it for my daily and not let it be a weekend car or garage queen (already got an Italian one of those). I sure hope I can stay true to my plans.....this Taycan is just too new and nice to start using for farm days.
Yeah you cannot beat the price of that liner and looks very similar. The reason for the frunk one is that I use the frunk to transport take out food and small grocery trips. So there is always the potential for a spill. Works great as its narrow and deep so nothing falls over, but just in case.

My wife's Avalanche handles all the mulch and hauling jobs so the Taycan can stay clean other than my Lab that likes to go everywhere with me. Shopvac his hair out once a week and it is fine.

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
Yeah you cannot beat the price of that liner and looks very similar. The reason for the frunk one is that I use the frunk to transport take out food and small grocery trips. So there is always the potential for a spill. Works great as its narrow and deep so nothing falls over, but just in case.

My wife's Avalanche handles all the mulch and hauling jobs so the Taycan can stay clean other than my Lab that likes to go everywhere with me. Shopvac his hair out once a week and it is fine.
They make a liner/ blanket for the rear seats, were have one for the Jag and our 3 dogs...HUGE improvement add it catches 98% of all the hair. Not sure if they make them for the Taycan but worth looking into.

Good call on the vehicle nature of the frunk, definitely less likely for something to fall over and keeps a smelly mess from the interior. LOL, would be an idea to have a drain hole or plug at the bottom!
Sponsored