First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag
Hi Guys
Whats your veiws on wether this looks better on the CT or not!
Just can’t decide to spec our cross with it to give a bit more of a rugged look!!
Cheers
Sponsored

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I too need someone to tell me what to do. Sometimes I think it looks badass and rugged, and sometimes I just think meh, more plastic.

I've heard it also raises the suspension by 10mm, but can it still be put back to the lowest 'non-offroad-design' setting by changing the drive mode?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I was going back and forth, and ultimately decide NOT to get the package (who knows, I'm not locked in yet, could change my mind like 20 times between now and then).

My thoughts were originally wanted the extra 10mm, but then I think at gravel mode, you're at 30mm no matter if you have the package or not. I think 30mm is the max with or without the off-road package (at least according o Doug DeMauro). Your 10mm difference in the the other modes.

Looking at other videos, looks like those extra plastic pieces can catch and store a lot of dirt. Not sure how easy/hard it is to clean them, since the extra debris guards by the bottom of the doors seems to have spaces between the plastic and the sheet metal, which is just pockets for all kind of debris, dirt, and grime.

Also sounds like you're not getting extra hardware for the 10mm rise, strictly software based, so I'm not sure I see value in the package, $1800 for some plastic pieces.

-ThinkMac-

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
4 pieces of plastic and 10mm extra height from a software Update.

most overprised and worthless upgrade- I thought it was a joke, and still consider it so.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
All the little Rock blocker ground effects on the ORDP were not to my tastes so I chose not to option that.

It ultimately doesn't change max or min ground clearance and you still have 'Gravel Mode' wether you option the ORDP or not.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I just came back from a CT presentation this morning and was lucky to see it in person.

The car was a 4S ice grey with chrome window trims, black 20 offroad design wheels, standard offroad package and without pano roof.

My first impression is it looks so much bigger and wider in real life. As far as the offroad package is concerned, I'm so glad I got it in my order. It looks superb much better in person than on pictures. It gives it a more aggressive look. the plastic trims around the wheel arches is absolutely not cheap looking... it gives it more rugged look underlining its outdoor capabilities. Strangely enough, the offroad package makes the CT even sportier and more finished. That's my opinion of course.

OP
OP

Daz&Jac

First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag
Going to see the CT in real time at the weekend which I will have a much better feel to how it looks, still got time to spec it with or without but I feel like I will end up ticking another box!!
Cheers

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I just came back from a CT presentation this morning and was lucky to see it in person.

The car was a 4S ice grey with chrome window trims, black 20 offroad design wheels, standard offroad package and without pano roof.

My first impression is it looks so much bigger and wider in real life. As far as the offroad package is concerned, I'm so glad I got it in my order. It looks superb much better in person than on pictures. It gives it a more aggressive look. the plastic trims around the wheel arches is absolutely not cheap looking... it gives it more rugged look underlining its outdoor capabilities. Strangely enough, the offroad package makes the CT even sportier and more finished. That's my opinion of course.
I have super similar spec on order right now (locks end of month). 4s, ice grey, blacked all accents/inlays/trim, off-road package. I'm back and forth between the 20's and the 21's... You said black 20's but I think you probably meant the 21's painted black. Right now I'm spec'd for the 21's but not painted. I would really like to get a good idea of what the 21's look like if I don't paint them...

Can I also ask how did the ice-grey look in real life? I really don't want a 'silver' car, I do want a 'grey' car. I was going to go chalk, but it gives off a beige tint in the wrong light.

OP
OP

Daz&Jac

First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag
Saw Dolomite and ice grey at the same time but ice just had the edge for me as it’s flips from white to grey depending on the angle you look at it which you can’t see on the config! plus with the black theme around the car too it will be stunning looking CT 4S I think.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Big no on the off-road package for me. I’d buy the sports Torismo if one were available.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I have super similar spec on order right now (locks end of month). 4s, ice grey, blacked all accents/inlays/trim, off-road package. I'm back and forth between the 20's and the 21's... You said black 20's but I think you probably meant the 21's painted black. Right now I'm spec'd for the 21's but not painted. I would really like to get a good idea of what the 21's look like if I don't paint them...

Can I also ask how did the ice-grey look in real life? I really don't want a 'silver' car, I do want a 'grey' car. I was going to go chalk, but it gives off a beige tint in the wrong light.
the Wheels were definitely 20 inches offroad designs - tires were 245 and 285. As far the color, ice grey does not look grey at all (i ordered dolomite) it looks very white just not as bright.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
the Wheels were definitely 20 inches offroad designs - tires were 245 and 285. As far the color, ice grey does not look grey at all (i ordered dolomite) it looks very white just not as bright.
thanks, that helps a lot. Trying to decide between that and Neptune blue. My wife says Neptune blue is a midlife crisis color... I guess I just have to decide if I’m going through a midlife crisis or not.

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS, BMW M3 Clubsport, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla 3
Country flag
Going to see the CT in real time at the weekend which I will have a much better feel to how it looks, still got time to spec it with or without but I feel like I will end up ticking another box!!
Cheers
Where are you able to view the CT guys? I ordered mine from Guildford but they wont have there for a while yet. Desperate to see one in the flesh.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Where are you able to view the CT guys? I ordered mine from Guildford but they wont have there for a while yet. Desperate to see one in the flesh.
I'm in the same boat as you. Can't decide between saloon and CT. Would like to see one in real life before making my decision. Dealer (hatfield) is hoping to have one in the next 3-4 weeks.
Best chance was Reading as Porsche HQ is next door. Neptune blue press car was being kept there.
Unfortunately takes me around 2 hours to get there and dealer had no control over the car so could not guarantee the car being there.
Sponsored